Author Topic: Celtics/Magic/Suns trade_Way to Get DH  (Read 1468 times)

Celtics/Magic/Suns trade_Way to Get DH
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:32:09 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
First off, let me start by saying, Danny has got one more big move left in him this season.

I absolutely refuse to believe that the biggest move we'll be able to make for this year is acquiring Brandon Bass (no offense Brandon.)

Now, let's face it. The ONLY two goals we have right now are winning a championship and acquiring Dwight Howard.

Fans here have even admitted the only reason why getting Chris Paul would've been great is to land Dwight Howard next summer.

Now, we know Dwight isn't going to make it to free agency. Not gonna happen!! So, my question is, what's the point of having cap flexibility next year? Totally pointless!!

Now, I truly believe that if Danny plays his cards right, he can get Dwight Howard. We'll have to give up alot. Try Rondo and Paul Pierce for starters.

But, what if Danny would be willing to take back some bad contracts to get Dwight.

Take a look below and you'll see what I mean.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6pdepuv

Finally, a big splash like this needs to happen! Sorry, but we are not winning squat with our current roster.

Re: Celtics/Magic/Suns trade_Way to Get DH
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 12:38:21 PM »

Offline PseudoElite

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 42
Why would Howard come to Boston (especially if we give up Rondo and Paul, 2 of our better players who could actually attract talent) when he can go to the Nets which are

A) a major market, New York is huge B) Have a lot more cap space than we do C) Have Deron Williams, arguably one of the top 3 point guards in the league.

Don't get me wrong, adding Dwight Howard to this team would make them instant title contenders, but frankly it isn't happening.

Boston isn't an attractive location right now, we have 3 old and expiring contract former all-stars and Rondo was extremely inconsistent last season which has grealy decreased his perceived value.

Frankly if I was Dwight Howard, I would pick the Nets over the Celtics as well.

Sorry... just being honest.
Celtics' turn on switch for the playoffs: the last bastion of hope for battered Celtic fans.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What's Phoenix's motivation here?  They give up a player they really like (Gortat) for Ryan Anderson and an expiring contract?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 12:51:03 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
What's Phoenix's motivation here?  They give up a player they really like (Gortat) for Ryan Anderson and an expiring contract?

Good question. For Phoenix, only reason I could come up with is they also trade away Josh Childress' horrible contract and get some serious salary relief.

Also, getting back R Anderson is a decent return (though not the best.)

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 12:53:23 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Why would Howard come to Boston (especially if we give up Rondo and Paul, 2 of our better players who could actually attract talent) when he can go to the Nets which are

A) a major market, New York is huge B) Have a lot more cap space than we do C) Have Deron Williams, arguably one of the top 3 point guards in the league.

Don't get me wrong, adding Dwight Howard to this team would make them instant title contenders, but frankly it isn't happening.

Boston isn't an attractive location right now, we have 3 old and expiring contract former all-stars and Rondo was extremely inconsistent last season which has grealy decreased his perceived value.

No need to apologize, you bring up a good point. As for cap space, couldn't the Celtics lock up DH after KG and Ray's contracts come off the books?

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »

Offline PseudoElite

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 42

No need to apologize, you bring up a good point. As for cap space, couldn't the Celtics lock up DH after KG and Ray's contracts come off the books?

See the problem is that the KG and Ray Allen's contracts are expiring 1 year too late (next year). The Celtics would be in a PRIME position to get D12 or even CP3 if it was 2012 but it isn't.

Dwight Howard has requested a trade and it is HIGHLY unlikely that the Magic won't trade him before he becomes a free agent.

Wherever D12 ends up, it will likely be a long term contract so the Celtics are pretty much out sadly.
Celtics' turn on switch for the playoffs: the last bastion of hope for battered Celtic fans.