Author Topic: Dallas trying to move Fernandez and Brewer  (Read 8120 times)

Dallas trying to move Fernandez and Brewer
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:33:21 AM »

Offline dmny5000

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
Adrian Wojnarowski
Dallas is trying to move Rudy Fernandez and Corey Brewer to create more cap space, league sources tell Y!

We already had to use our exception so I don't know how it works unless it's a 3 team trade but I'm interested.

I really don't like Fernandez as much as Brewer but I'm not sure I have great reasons for that. I would love to get Brewer to play backup to Ray since Quis is going down at some point as we all know.

Yes I know the reasoning is wrong since the Mavs are over the cap but I guess they want to shed the contracts.

What do you guys think?

Do we have any PTE's left? Dallas looking to dump Rudy Fernandez 2.18M salary
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
?

Re: Dallas trying to move Fernandez and Brewer
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:37:18 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Adrian Wojnarowski
Dallas is trying to move Rudy Fernandez and Corey Brewer to create more cap space, league sources tell Y!

We already had to use our exception so I don't know how it works unless it's a 3 team trade but I'm interested.

I really don't like Fernandez as much as Brewer but I'm not sure I have great reasons for that. I would love to get Brewer to play backup to Ray since Quis is going down at some point as we all know.

Yes I know the reasoning is wrong since the Mavs are over the cap but I guess they want to shed the contracts.

What do you guys think?

Don't we have an exception from the Semih and Gody to Cleveland trade? Did we get one combined exception for that deal or one for each player?

I just looked it up and we have two trade exceptions from Semih and Gody both at about 400k each. Which are essentially worthless.

Could we send them a few non guaranteed camp invites that they could just cut?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »

Offline Liam W

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
I would be very happy with both players, Especially Fernandez

Brewer is a nice option also

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
?
We do but I don't believe that we can combine them, and if we can they are still not enough.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/tradeexceptions.jsp

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 10:42:57 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Like i said in the Pietrus thread I think we are pretty much all set at the 2/3 position. If we are going to make a trade or anything I would hope t would be for a serviceable big man.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 10:46:11 AM »

Offline dmny5000

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
Adrian Wojnarowski

What do you guys think?

Don't we have an exception from the Semih and Gody to Cleveland trade? Did we get one combined exception for that deal or one for each player?

I just looked it up and we have two trade exceptions from Semih and Gody both at about 400k each. Which are essentially worthless.

Could we send them a few non guaranteed camp invites that they could just cut?

I'm pretty sure you cant trade camp invites. That would be a nice way to get around it though. The 800k helps but I don't think we could trade anyone except for Bradley and he would have to go to the 3rd team with cap space. I'm not sure Danny would trade Bradley for either guy though.

Mavs trying to unload Rudy F and Corey B.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
I think either one would be a good pickup for us....

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Re: Mavs trying to unload Rudy F and Corey B.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 11:17:44 AM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
I think either one would be a good pickup for us....

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

I'd kick the tires on both. Brewer couldn't even see the court last season on Dallas so I'm sure he could come cheap, and I know we were at least remotely interested in him when he was cut by Minnesota last year.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

Evantime, if I may ask, which site has info about whether a team has trade exceptions or not?

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Any ideas on how to get them without giving up Ray Allan?

I sure don't see a way to make that happen. Might be a consideration if we are floundering in February and need to go into a rebuild mode.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Any ideas on how to get them without giving up Ray Allan?

I sure don't see a way to make that happen. Might be a consideration if we are floundering in February and need to go into a rebuild mode.
If we're dumping Ray Allen due to something awful injury wise forcing us to blow up midseason I'd look for picks or something else. Rudy/Corey isn't all that attractive of package, especially with Rudy a constant threat to go to Europe.

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
Can someone explain why is Dallas trying to clear cap space. Even if they get rid of Fernandez and Brewer, they will have 56.1M committed with only 7 players on their roster. Not counting Cardinal, Mahinmi and Carter. It's not enough for them to have MLE.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 11:25:47 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Evantime, if I may ask, which site has info about whether a team has trade exceptions or not?
Shamsports.com

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 11:26:33 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Like i said in the Pietrus thread I think we are pretty much all set at the 2/3 position. If we are going to make a trade or anything I would hope t would be for a serviceable big man.

We're good at the 3 definitely but not the 2. It's going to be a combination of Bradley and Marquis (Dooling will be playing PG most of the time). We have little shooting at the SG position after Ray. Rudy would definitely help.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce