Author Topic: Celtics could still be in the running for CP3? according to Bulpett  (Read 14780 times)

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I wonder if NO or Indiana might have gave thought again to the original deal that included Rondo and Green
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:20:02 AM by j804 »
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: If we hadn't signed Jeff Green could we have been able to land CP3?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:14:01 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
no, i don't think so.  one of the hornets' primary goals was not to take on extra salary.  the deal they're getting for cp3 doesn't have them taking on any multi-year salary except for players on rookie deals. 

also, i get the sense that the hornets' value that t-wolves pick higher than rondo.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 04:15:42 AM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
danny was still pushing hard for him  >:(

The Hornets seemed focused solely on the Clippers after the second trade attempt with the Lakers fell through. Sources said Golden State had not re-engaged in the discussions for Paul in any meaningful way. Boston was also among the teams pushing hard for Paul, but one of the principles of a Celtics proposal -- forward Jeff Green -- was signed to a one-year, $9 million deal on Saturday and can not be traded by Boston for six months.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/11/clippers.chris.paul/index.html#ixzz1gJHPh1BC
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:16:46 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
danny was still pushing hard for him  >:(

The Hornets seemed focused solely on the Clippers after the second trade attempt with the Lakers fell through. Sources said Golden State had not re-engaged in the discussions for Paul in any meaningful way. Boston was also among the teams pushing hard for Paul, but one of the principles of a Celtics proposal -- forward Jeff Green -- was signed to a one-year, $9 million deal on Saturday and can not be traded by Boston for six months.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/11/clippers.chris.paul/index.html#ixzz1gJHPh1BC

i maintain we weren't going to beat that package from the clips.  not considering what kind of package the clippers were hoping to get back.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 04:18:04 AM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
we can get back in the running according to Bulpett's David West article posted hours ago and two sources. but you are right i doubt it.

Besides, the Hornets have a bigger issue on their plate in the form of Chris Paul. New Orleans was reportedly looking to the Los Angeles Clippers yesterday for a deal, but the Celts could still get back in the running for the guard according to two sources.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2011_1212west_changes_direction_indiana_snags_power_forward/

Re: Celtics could still be in the running for CP3? according to Bulpett
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 04:21:43 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
we can get back in the running according to Bulpett's David West article posted hours ago and two sources. but you are right i doubt it.

Besides, the Hornets have a bigger issue on their plate in the form of Chris Paul. New Orleans was reportedly looking to the Los Angeles Clippers yesterday for a deal, but the Celts could still get back in the running for the guard according to two sources.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2011_1212west_changes_direction_indiana_snags_power_forward/

sounds like that's pretty old news.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 04:32:30 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
No thanks. Season hasn't even started yet and I've already experienced enough soul crushing disappointment for one year.

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 07:04:06 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I wonder if Chris gave any thought to staying with NOH (while David West was there)?

It is a bit too late now, with David signing with Indy, but a lineup of DWest, Okafor, Ariza and Jarett Jack healthy could've beaten the Lakers, I believe.

Chris gave LA a fit by himself last May - with West going down.

Oh well. Too late for that. I bet CP3 ends up in Clipperland, now.

The Lakers are in for a LONG season, I believe.

As for BOS I just don't see any way to get him, now.

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 07:27:52 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
There is a way we can still trade Jeff, I think he needs to agree to the trade and be extended then we don't have to wait until March 1st. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I read that some where.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
the clippers package with gordon is a pretty good one for the hornets...better than what we could offer (since green can't be traded for a while - and even if he could be, LAC's package is still better)

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 12:43:49 PM »

Offline PseudoElite

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 42
Paul is 80% headed for the Clippers.

Can we stop hoping that we are going to get Chris Paul?

It ain't happening, he shot us down instantly.
Celtics' turn on switch for the playoffs: the last bastion of hope for battered Celtic fans.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 12:51:23 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Don't wanna do it anymore.. Don't want to be a part of all the hoop-la that is chris paul right now.

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 01:10:18 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Clippers are refusing New Orleans-NBA steep asking price for Chris Paul, league sources tell Y! Sports. "Deal could be dying," source says.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 01:12:15 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
And I could still be in the running for Scarlett Johannsen.  Ain't over til it's over!!

If the Clips are actually offering Gordon, Kaman, Aminu and Sota's 1st, and that still isn't enough, we can't pay what it would take.

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 01:25:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
And I could still be in the running for Scarlett Johannsen.  Ain't over til it's over!!

If the Clips are actually offering Gordon, Kaman, Aminu and Sota's 1st, and that still isn't enough, we can't pay what it would take.
I don't think they're actually offering Gordon and the pick.