Author Topic: NBA HOF  (Read 819 times)

NBA HOF
« on: February 22, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Has anybody been? 

We are going to be on vacation in a couple months and wife WANTS to go ,she asked me would i care to see it !   Im stunned , and immediately said  YES !

Re: NBA HOF
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 08:19:25 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Been there twice.

It's so much and somehow not enough.

Go.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 08:58:41 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
It’s funny... I have been to the bar there - samuel’s hundred of times and walked in the halway ... seeing the footprints of the players but have never been inside. I always happened to be there at late night hours when the hall of fame was closed 🤦‍♂️
I think it’s pretty cool in there though from what the bartenders were saying lol...
If you’re into tennis - Newport RI has the tennis hall of fame... it’s like an hour and a half away from Springfield and it’s quite neat....

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 09:02:57 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
You're going on vacation to Springfield?  I'm so sorry.

Grew up in the Hartford area, so Springfield was a short drive away.  Been at least a half dozen times between 1990-2010.  They opened a new building in 2002, so it's all very modern, personally I liked the old building better though.

But the HOF is definitely cool.  If you've ever been to a science museum, it's like that, but for basketball.  They have interactive exhibits (like how high can you jump, what's your wingspan compared to guys Muggsy Bogues, Shawn Bradley, how big is your hand compared to Michael Jordan or Kevin Durant, how big is you foot compared to Shaq, etc.  Some virtual reality stuff out of the Nick Arcade era.  Lots of jerseys, shoes, and balls on display, and regular museum type exhibits (built mostly around balls, shoes, and jerseys).  And it's all kind of built around a basketball court you can shoot around at.

Why I like the old Hall better is because I feel the actual enshrinement piece is pretty lacking now.  It's just pictures on a wall.  The way I remember the old HOF, it was more of winding hall with actual plaques (IIRC).  But the entire museum is still pretty cool.

If you like basketball, you'll definitely have an enjoyable few hours there.

And if you go during the weekday, it'll be dead (unless there's some school field trips).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 09:38:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
actually we re going to Vermount and will go though Springfield .  She suggested we stop the HOF , knowing. im a basketball junkie .   

Sounds cool .