Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 348455 times)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
It's reasonable to project Brooklyn winning 6 of their last 11 games, given their weak schedule and the level they are now playing. Check their schedule. So say the Lakers win 1 of their remaining games, who wins (loses)? I'm on my phone and can't check.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It's reasonable to project Brooklyn winning 6 of their last 11 games, given their weak schedule and the level they are now playing. Check their schedule. So say the Lakers win 1 of their remaining games, who wins (loses)? I'm on my phone and can't check.

The Nets only have 9 games left, not 11.  I don't think 6-3 is reasonable.

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel

One of those games is against us too. I think it's more like going 8 games and 6-2.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

One of those games is against us too. I think it's more like going 8 games and 6-2.

I think 6-3 is doable.

PHI x 2
DET
ORL x 2
ATL
CHI x 2
BOS

That's a tremendously weak schedule, outside of their game with us.

To answer footey's question, 6 more Nets wins and 1 Lakers win would mean a tie. The teams would split ping pong balls, and a coin flip would determine which team would be the #1 lottery seed.

A Celtics / Lakers coin flip would be a lot of fun, assuming we won it. Haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Let's just be glad the Nets didn't have Lin, Lopez, and RHJ healthy and playing together for most of the season.

It's very unlikely they'll overtake the Lakers, and even if they do, they will still finish with a bottom three record.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
If there were a tie, they'd essentially split the chances in the lottery and a coin flip would decide who gets top slot in case neither win the lottery.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I think 6-3 is doable.

PHI x 2
DET
ORL x 2
ATL
CHI x 2
BOS

They finish no better than 4-5.

While it's a relatively easy schedule, none are better than 50-50 games for the Nets.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:51:14 PM by saltlover »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel

I think 6-3 is doable.

PHI x 2
DET
ORL x 2
ATL
CHI x 2
BOS

To answer footey's question, 6 more Nets wins and 1 Lakers win would mean a tie. The teams would split ping pong balls, and a coin flip would determine which team would be the #1 lottery seed.

A Celtics / Lakers coin flip would be a lot of fun, assuming we won it. Haha.

76ers
@Pistons
Magic
Hawks (2nd night of Back to back)
@76ers
@Magic
Bulls
@Celtics
@Bulls

While the competition level of their final nine games isn't high, 6 out of the remaining nine are either Away games or 2nd night of a B2B game. While I think that the Nets CAN win against teams like Detroit, Chicago, Orlando, and Phili, I don't exactly think that BRK has been consistent enough to be considered favorites in those games. If we ignore home court advantage and call 8 of those games conflip odds, the odds of winning 6 out of 8 coinflips isn't super likely.

Especially because the number of wins needed might increase if LA wins a game or two (possible, if unlikely)
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

I think 6-3 is doable.

PHI x 2
DET
ORL x 2
ATL
CHI x 2
BOS

While it's a relatively easy schedule, none are better than 50-50 games for the Nets.
There is no such thing as an easy schedule when you have a 22% win percentage.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

I think 6-3 is doable.

PHI x 2
DET
ORL x 2
ATL
CHI x 2
BOS

I disagree. This is realistic outcome for Brooklyn in their remains games:

PHI WIN
@DET LOSE
ORL WIN
ATL WIN
@PHI LOSE
@ORL WIN
CHI WIN
@ BOS LOSE
@ CHI LOSE

Chicago and Detroit are playing terribly and are in danger of falling out of playoff hunt so it wouldn't surprise me to see Nets win last game of season and also beat Detroit and finish with one or two more wins which would boost their win total to 6-7 games. I hope I'm wrong, but this is the only crappy team with no incentive to tank whose coach is coaching to keep his job. Plus they are finally healthy and frankly a lot better than their season record would indicate.

Put another way, if the Nets played Suns or Lakers in a best of 7 series right now, wouldn't most of us pick the Nets not only to win but to do so in 5 or 6 games? 

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

I think 6-3 is doable.

PHI x 2
DET
ORL x 2
ATL
CHI x 2
BOS

There is no such thing as an easy schedule when you have a 22% win percentage.

Too many fans here confuse Nets season record with how much better they are playing relative to Lakers or PHX in the past two weeks, which i would think is a better indicator of future performance.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

I think 6-3 is doable.

PHI x 2
DET
ORL x 2
ATL
CHI x 2
BOS

I disagree. This is realistic outcome for Brooklyn in their remains games:

PHI WIN
@DET LOSE
ORL WIN
ATL WIN
@PHI LOSE
@ORL WIN
CHI WIN
@ BOS LOSE
@ CHI LOSE

Chicago and Detroit are playing terribly and are in danger of falling out of playoff hunt so it wouldn't surprise me to see Nets win last game of season and also beat Detroit and finish with one or two more wins which would boost their win total to 6-7 games. I hope I'm wrong, but this is the only crappy team with no incentive to tank whose coach is coaching to keep his job. Plus they are finally healthy and frankly a lot better than their season record would indicate.

Put another way, if the Nets played Suns or Lakers in a best of 7 series right now, wouldn't most of us pick the Nets not only to win but to do so in 5 or 6 games?
on the bolded, please:

1. define
2. prove

thank you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Gettin tight in this place...C'mon BK--Shut down Lopez-!

Of course, maybe they have no incentive to shut him down like they did last season, given his contract situation-?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

Too many fans here confuse Nets season record with how much better they are playing relative to Lakers or PHX in the past two weeks, which i would think is a better indicator of future performance.

And too many fans here are acting like over coming a 5.5 game deficit with just 9 games left is easy.

Hell the Celtics have a 3 game lead over Toronto with 9 games left for both teams.

It is extremely statistically unlike for a team to over come a deficit like that let alone a 5.5 game deficit.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
No incentive to tank or loose games .   Other than keeping Lopez healthy as trade fodder.

Atlanta probably looses to the Sun too.

Without Milsap Atlanta is truely bad.