Author Topic: Chris Sheridan says Beal wants out of WAS  (Read 1664 times)

Chris Sheridan says Beal wants out of WAS
« on: November 26, 2018, 07:03:28 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Source: @RealDealBeal23 has made it known in no uncertain terms that he wants out of Washington pronto.

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/1067175795834142720?s=21

Re: Chris Sheridan says Beal wants out of WAS
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 07:04:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I bet the Heat get him. Riley just missed out on Butler, he's going to go strong after Beal.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 07:10:53 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Washington wants out of Washington !

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 07:14:44 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I bet the Heat get him. Riley just missed out on Butler, he's going to go strong after Beal.

lets hope he gets moved west.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Imagine Beal shooting all those wide open shots that Brown misses.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Too bad he costs a lot more per season than Jaylen does.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 07:39:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I bet he does. 

Washington, I'm guessing, would much rather move on from Wall, but due to Wall's strange contract they won't be able to move him until next summer.

If anybody gets traded from the Wiz my guess is that it'd be Porter.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 08:23:09 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!

On the other hand, I'd take Smart + Brown + Rozier > Beal. That's what it'd take to just match salaries for Beal (maybe Yabusele too). Not worth it IMHO. And yeah I'm holding out hope for a Davis deal this upcoming summer, and Brown + Rozier/Smart could be a part of that big package.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 09:31:29 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Smart, Rozier, Yabusele, Ojeyele, Bird works salary-wise.

5-for-1 is a little nuts, but Rozier is gone this summer and Beal is a big upgrade over Smart. Wanamaker can step in, Bird's not really on the team and Yabu + Ojeyele are filler.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 09:33:05 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

5-for-1 is a little nuts, but Rozier is gone this summer and Beal is a big upgrade over Smart. Wanamaker can step in, Bird's not really on the team and Yabu + Ojeyele are filler.

That would honestly be a horrible investment. Theoretically it sounds fine but 6-for-1 (including a pick) for Beal... pass.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 09:37:39 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

That would honestly be a horrible investment. Theoretically it sounds fine but 6-for-1 (including a pick) for Beal... pass.

I think what byennie is saying is that this would basically be a Smart for Beal swap. If Washington was into it, of course we would do it. That would be awesome.

I am still pushing a Hayward/Rozier for Beal/Morris deal, but I am apparently heartless.

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 09:43:47 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

It's 4-for-1 (no pick, and Bird will never play again for the Celtics). Two of the four are the end of our bench, and Rozier is on a dead duck contract. It's basically Smart for Beal. How is Smart for Beal a bad investment, unless you think Ojeyele and Yabusele are important, or Wanamaker can't handle backup minutes?

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 09:45:00 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I think what byennie is saying is that this would basically be a Smart for Beal swap. If Washington was into it, of course we would do it. That would be awesome.

I am still pushing a Hayward/Rozier for Beal/Morris deal, but I am apparently heartless.

I know, it makes sense. It's just... idk it just feels like 5-6 players including some valuable depth for Beal doesn't sound worth it. Maybe it's just me.

And you are heartless lol  :P

Also doesn't paint a good picture to future FAs if you sign just your 2nd marquee FA in franchise history and trade him within 2 seasons, after he suffered a gruesome injury in the first one too. The Isaiah Thomas trade was cold blooded but we had traded for him.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 09:47:20 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

It's 4-for-1 (no pick, and Bird will never play again for the Celtics). Two of the four are the end of our bench, and Rozier is on a dead duck contract. It's basically Smart for Beal. How is Smart for Beal a bad investment, unless you think Ojeyele and Yabusele are important, or Wanamaker can't handle backup minutes?

I think Ojeyele is important (defensively especially), but I guess with that logic it makes more sense. Plus you could then maybe flip Beal + Brown + picks for AD down the line maybe  :)

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 03:47:38 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

it's not heartless, it's selling low.