Author Topic: Woj- Wall has very few teams interested in trading for him  (Read 6326 times)

Re: Woj- Wall has very few teams interested in trading for him
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 08:47:58 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I think Fultz loses value every day.
Fultz for Bender + Jamal Crawford

Who says no to this magic deal?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 10:18:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I think Fultz loses value every day.

i agree

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 10:44:10 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
This is 1000% misinformation from a team (or teams) trying to drive the asking price for Wall down. 

Wall instantly makes any team a playoff team.  If you think paying Gordon Hayward and Marcus Smart a combined 40 million a year is better than paying John Wall 40 million a year God help you. 

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 11:28:49 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
This is 1000% misinformation from a team (or teams) trying to drive the asking price for Wall down. 

Wall instantly makes any team a playoff team.  If you think paying Gordon Hayward and Marcus Smart a combined 40 million a year is better than paying John Wall 40 million a year God help you.

I’d much rather have Smart and Hayward.

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 11:40:51 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

I think Wall in the same category as Russell Westbrook. Players that put up great individual numbers, but their play doesn’t necessarily translate to helping the team win when it matters most (playoffs). Although, Westbrook is clearly a tier above Wall. For all the talent on that Washington team, does anyone take them seriously in the playoffs?

I know the Celtics are clearly struggling at the moment, but I would take a healthy Hayward and Smart any day over Wall. Maybe Wall needs a change of scenery, but he clearly is no longer the defender that he once was, which was one of the staples of his reputation. Hayward has looked better every week to me. Plus, it would be a lot easier to trade the contracts of Hayward or Smart, than it would be for Wall, who will make around $40M starting next season.

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2018, 12:18:06 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I think Wall in the same category as Russell Westbrook. Players that put up great individual numbers, but their play doesn’t necessarily translate to helping the team win when it matters most (playoffs). Although, Westbrook is clearly a tier above Wall. For all the talent on that Washington team, does anyone take them seriously in the playoffs?

I know the Celtics are clearly struggling at the moment, but I would take a healthy Hayward and Smart any day over Wall. Maybe Wall needs a change of scenery, but he clearly is no longer the defender that he once was, which was one of the staples of his reputation. Hayward has looked better every week to me. Plus, it would be a lot easier to trade the contracts of Hayward or Smart, than it would be for Wall, who will make around $40M starting next season.

When you say all that talent they are certainly a little top heavy with talent,  but IMO there is a big drop off after that, and they certaingly aren’t deep.  I think they have done a poor job with that.

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 12:22:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Wall makes any team in the league a playoff team?  That’s a wild statement since he may not make the team he’s on a playoff team.  I also think he’d be a negative for most teams that are already good.  Just about the only team I could see him improve is the Cavs.  And long term I don’t think he improves any franchise since he takes up so much cap space.

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 12:39:16 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wall's a great player but there is no way in heck I would want to trade for that contract.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2018, 12:39:24 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

Interesting idea.  I think Wall is better than either Hayward or Smart but we have Kyrie so this is really just an interesting hypothetical, which I think was your point.

And as to the statements from Woj, he wasn't saying that no one wants Wall, he was saying that Beal is much more attractive.  This is not surprising.  I agree (and have said) that it seems like only a few teams would be interested in Wall.  But a few teams is a lot more than no teams.

I think Wall would be good on Philly.  The contract is killer but he would make them better.  He and Butler would probably butt heads though (Butler butts heads with just about everyone).

I think the Knicks should go for Wall.

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2018, 12:48:03 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Except the Wizards. He doesn't make them a playoff team.

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Yeah kind of a glaring hole in that argument there, eh?

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 01:04:03 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

They... made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years...

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 01:15:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

But we are talking about this year and you cannot deny that Wall has definitely lost a step.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2018, 01:16:42 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Last year they wouldn't have without Wall missing 41 games and the rest of the team rallying without him to barely make the 8th seed in the East.

They are not a playoff team so far this year.

John Wall is a slightly better Eric Bledsoe. Tantalizing talent with a bad attitude and poor effort. He is a good point guard, but I'd take Harden, Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard, and Irving over him for sure. I might take Conley, Holliday, and Walker over him also.

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2018, 01:26:41 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

But we are talking about this year and you cannot deny that Wall has definitely lost a step.

He currently has the highest effective fg% he's ever had in his career and is averaging 8 assists  two steals and 1 block per game...