Author Topic: 2019 celtics picks  (Read 1570 times)

2019 celtics picks
« on: December 17, 2018, 11:51:11 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
In the end we will have 2 lottery picks.. gsw thunder lakers denver houston spurs clippers and portland are better.. utah pelicans memphis minesota come next and sac dallas and suns will be the worst teams in west.. memphis is aged and has a thin bench.. sac is inexperienced.. when they start loosing i do not see how they will respond..yes west is more ballanced but i cannot see sac and memphis in the top 8 west teams

Re: 2019 celtics picks
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 12:02:14 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Philadelphia 76ers’s top-1 protected pick or Sacramento Kings’ top-1 protected pick
Memphis Grizzlies (If pick falls outside top-8)
Los Angeles Clippers (If pick falls outside top-14)
Boston Celtics’ own pick

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 01:23:31 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I have lost faith in the Clippers pick conveying, so I’m not counting on that (besides being like the 42nd pick).

The Grizz I feel should be in the 10-14 range, but still a lot of time to go. I’d rather it not convey and roll over with less protectuon than them make the playoffs, so I’m going to start rooting for them to lose lose lose. But there are just so many bad teams in the East that I don’t think they can fall far enough in the West to get into 8th slot or better.

Sac will be top-10.

Ours will be 27+.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 01:32:43 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Ideally we want the Clippers pick and obviously the Kings pick to convey.

It would be better for our long-term if the Grizzlies pick rolled over to another year and a better spot.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 05:25:56 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Can someone confirm definitively that the Clips pick reverts to a 2nd if it does not convey this year?
I’ve seen it referenced here a number of times that the pick must convey (as a first) this season or it becomes a 2nd.  Yet, google searches to four different future draft pages (including Real GM — I don’t know how to link using my phone) say that the pick is protected to 14 this year AND next year, and only then reverts to a 2nd in 2022. 

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 06:56:45 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Can someone confirm definitively that the Clips pick reverts to a 2nd if it does not convey this year?
I’ve seen it referenced here a number of times that the pick must convey (as a first) this season or it becomes a 2nd.  Yet, google searches to four different future draft pages (including Real GM — I don’t know how to link using my phone) say that the pick is protected to 14 this year AND next year, and only then reverts to a 2nd in 2022.
If they make the playoffs this year, which they will unless injuries strike, the pick is ours.
If they don't make playoffs this year or next we get their second rounder in 2020.

Edit: The Clippers are going to be in on some high profile free agents next year (ahem, Durant, Kawhi) so they will likely be improved next year. I'm not too worried about their pick conveying.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 10:09:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
It is lottery protected both this year and next year before it becomes a 2nd rounder.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
gotta trade all 4 to New Orleans anyhow 😁😁😁
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 11:14:49 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Trade them all for an IOU

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 11:31:36 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
That's too much for either Randle or Mirotic. And Holiday is too expensive.