Author Topic: So..... what happens now with us and the league as a whole?  (Read 3044 times)

Re: So..... what happens now with us and the league as a whole?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 01:39:51 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Could Lebron leave now that he won in Cleveland? Why would he. He will get the money there and they have players who seem to be playing well together.

Love had some redemption at the end, especially the excellent defense on Curry at the end. That seems like it would decrease trade chances.

Nothing has changed over the past 2 weeks for Durant. And nothing has changed for us. We got crushed by Atlanta. The state of GS and Cleveland is irrelevant to us at the moment.

The outcome of a single close game is a single game. Don't exaggerate the impact that would have on the league. Especially 2 teams filled with elite players.

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 01:44:13 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I think we should build a team that torments LeBron as he goes into the back-9 of his career, like how he tormented PP, KG, and Lil Ray Ray while they were in their wonder years. It's going to be sweet when the day comes that LeBron's athleticism drops off or becomes league average.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 01:45:14 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I dont think there's any point in trying to contend for at least the next three or four seasons without an MVP caliber player on the roster.

Really I think unless you have curry, Kawhi, or Durant, it's pretty much a waste of time to try to beat LeBron.

Wait till he's thirty five and get him when he's in decline.
What a horrible attitude. Lebrons not invincible and is only getting older. We make a couple trades and we can beat the cavs

Exactly. He's lost 4 times in the Finals. He's not some undefeated legend or something lol.

And three of those losses came on his own floor, lol.  His record should really be 2-5 in the finals, between Popovich choking, which set the stage for that traitor to save his majesty's (sarcasm) ::) legacy with that 3 in game 6 in 2013 #thanksray.  Ugh. 

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 01:50:46 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
It should be noted that Stephen A. Smith has heard that LA and Miami are two potential places he's heard that Lebron could bolt to, if he was to bolt.

I still don't think he leaves until next summer when Paul is also a free agent.

Or he could possibly get LAC to trade Griffin in a sign and trade to the Cavaliers in order to have enough room to sign Lebron to the Clippers.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 01:56:45 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
It should be noted that Stephen A. Smith has heard that LA and Miami are two potential places he's heard that Lebron could bolt to, if he was to bolt.

I still don't think he leaves until next summer when Paul is also a free agent.

Or he could possibly get LAC to trade Griffin in a sign and trade to the Cavaliers in order to have enough room to sign Lebron to the Clippers.

Wow.  Not that this is in any way a surprise, but still - talk about a mercenary, lol ;D.

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 02:19:44 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The Cavs winning seems to totally change things. Just to list a few questions that are now up in the air - See comments in bold

1) Does Lebron James leave to form a super team elsewhere? No.

2) Do the Cavs trade Love now? Interesting question, but no. IF GSW were healthy, does CLE win? Not IMO. They should trade Love, but we might have trouble winning the auction.

3) How does this affect Durant's decision? Going East is still a decent idea having to only deal with one superpower rather than three other ones in GS, SAS, and LAC, but it certainly doesn't seem as easy of a decision as it was a week ago when the Warriors were up 3-1. No effect. Durant wasn't leaving and he won't.

4) How do this affect us and our plans this summer? Cleveland is FAR from unbeatable, because I think this series was just as much about GS being burnt out and choking as it was the Cavs being better than them. However, are we going to build a good enough team in the next year or two to beat them? I actually think Lebron will start heading downhill pretty soon, because he's getting up there in age and he has A TON of mileage on his legs. I'm not necessarily thinking we should go young and "wait them out," but we're going to have to build our roster just as much to beat Cleveland as we are to beat a Western Conference team. Other than getting Love in a trade, I don't think it makes a difference. We're still 2-4 years away from contending. The way the cap increase under the new TV contract was handled by the NBA players' union screwed us far more than anything that came out of this series.

5) How bad does Curry's reputation fall after this? Quite frankly, I think it will drop dramatically. He was an absolute no-show this series, and he's the primary reason they lost both the series and this game. Not much. He was injured. He always made some bone-headed plays, but his shooting and handle hid them better.

Unfortunately, I think this really affects us in a negative manner. Not only does it severely damage our Durant hopes, which were already minimal in the first place, but it puts us at a real disadvantage this summer, because we don't really have a set path in front of us. Don't agree.

There's so much up in the air right now. Feel free to comment on whatever question you think you can add to or add more questions. All my insights are either gold or fool's gold.

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 02:29:58 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
CLE and GSW meet again in the Finals. The rest of us talk ourselves into another Miracle On Ice scenario. And Brandon Ingram somehow loses 2 lbs.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 02:31:29 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
CLE and GSW meet again in the Finals. The rest of us talk ourselves into another Miracle On Ice scenario. And Brandon Ingram somehow loses 2 lbs.

Haha your Tarheels side is showing!

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 02:31:33 AM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
The reason the Warriors lost is the same reason Mark Jackson lost his job...Bogut going down.  For all the talk of Curry, Kyrie and LeBron made a living going to the hole without any fear of a rebounding rim protector - especially game 5 without Green additionally.  Ezili isn't very good.

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 02:56:58 AM »

Offline adam.jones614

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Doesn't change anything.

As Russel Westbrook once said 'Don't get it twisted'

Cleveland only wins because Golden State burned themselves out/were injured and Cleveland got every 50/50 call/bounce. They are still a very beatable team.

I still think we make a major trade and take a large step forward. IMO we end up 2-3 seed and give Cleveland a run for their money..

Also have heard enough to believe they we are actually in play for Durant depending on our moves but I know i'm in the minority there  :laugh: