Author Topic: Post lottery (finally) Mock Draft  (Read 10309 times)

Re: Post lottery (finally) Mock Draft
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2020, 11:33:33 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I know nothing about college players - even less so this year.  So am reliant on you all for who to root for at 14, 26 and 30.

Do you all think that as a result of such less opportunity to see these guys play/emerge that there’s likely to simply be more luck involved than typical once you get past the few blue chip players?  I realize that under typical circumstances it’s a crap shoot where C’s are picking, but maybe more so this year?

And does that bode potentially well for a team that has 3 rolls of the dice (and a 4th mid-2nd)?  Or do you think all things considered that it works to C’s detriment to have less data on the players?

Also - given the lack of showcase opportunities for freshman, are fewer prospects declaring?

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2020, 08:19:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
What are people's thoughts on Leandro Bolmaro? 6'7" Argentinian guard who plays for Barcelona. Obviously he's going to be compared to Manu, unfairly, but I like his game as a guy to take a punt on.

He reminds me of Tomas Satoransky, but I think he's a bit more aggressive trying to score the ball. I don't even necessarily think he's a good fit for us, as I'd rather we pick up a true PG like Kira Lewis to pair alongside Langford and Smart on the bench, but he's a guy to watch I reckon. Might be a draft and stash prospect similarly to Satoransky, who has turned into a good NBA guard
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2020, 08:22:15 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
What are people's thoughts on Leandro Bolmaro? 6'7" Argentinian guard who plays for Barcelona. Obviously he's going to be compared to Manu, unfairly, but I like his game as a guy to take a punt on.

He reminds me of Tomas Satoransky, but I think he's a bit more aggressive trying to score the ball. I don't even necessarily think he's a good fit for us, as I'd rather we pick up a true PG like Kira Lewis to pair alongside Langford and Smart on the bench, but he's a guy to watch I reckon. Might be a draft and stash prospect similarly to Satoransky, who has turned into a good NBA guard

Read some good stuff about him. That he has great effort and good feel. Definitely a draft/stash candidate.

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2020, 08:26:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Read some good stuff about him. That he has great effort and good feel. Definitely a draft/stash candidate.
Yeah, the stash potential is what intrigues me the most. This is a great video on him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgTbbULbVSw&pp

Ironically it also compares him to Satoranksy. He seems really crafty finishing inside
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)