Author Topic: In retrospect what do you now think about the PSU scandal?  (Read 57486 times)

Re: In retrospect what do you now think about Joe Paterno and the PSU scandal?
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2015, 03:22:24 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Saw this on a PSU facebook thing. I'm not 100% sure what all of it refers to. My best guess is that the way this thing is seen in the state of PA is really different than a lot of the rest of the country.

I think the best case scenario at the exact moment for the JoeBots and PSU diehards is to get to a place where PSU's position and the position of these administrators and Joe isn't really believed or trusted, but neither is the Freeh Report....which would then put us in a position of waiting for trials and lawsuits, which in a perfect world should have happened in the first place, but the media has a strong interest in wanting to be perceived as a court room and as investigators/prosecutors. I think we in New England got a sense of that with deflategate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6OnVodl44I

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05/jerry_sandusky_cover-up_charge.html

So conspiracy charges have been dropped and a perjury charge.

The theory in PSU circles is that these guys are just neeeeevvvverrr going to go to trial. They think the whole case was based on these guys ratting each other out but they never did so now they have no case against them. 

To be fair to Spanier he's suing PSU so he doesn't seem to mind going through discovery.

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Just like the church. Lot of people getting away free . Evil stuff.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/education/penn-state/jerry-sandusky/article108012672.html

another charge has been dropped. Not sure if you would hear about it in the main stream media.

Not sure what is taking so long to actually put these guys on trial. I've never heard of a 4 year wait.

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
For decades PSU & their football coach knowingly allowed countless children to be raped under their watch b/c of a big $$$ game. Their punishment is nothing compared to their crimes.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
For decades PSU & their football coach knowingly allowed countless children to be raped under their watch b/c of a big $$$ game. Their punishment is nothing compared to their crimes.

Mk
Why do you believe this? Because of what Louis Freeh says? What if they drop all charges for everyone involved except Sandusky?

Also....in regards to the football coach....going to the campus police within 36 hours of being told of a vague incident (that didn't even happen) seems an odd way to knowingly allow children to be hurt

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Mk
Why do you believe this? Because of what Louis Freeh says? What if they drop all charges for everyone involved except Sandusky?

Also....in regards to the football coach....going to the campus police within 36 hours of being told of a vague incident (that didn't even happen) seems an odd way to knowingly allow children to be hurt

Yeah, I admit that I haven't followed the story as close as you, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that people like mkogav are even less versed on it than I am. To think that Paterno knowingly covered up countless molestations so that he could protect Penn State football seems a bit short sighted to say the least. Besides, he was the big name in the program, not Sandusky, why protect that piece of trash?

I am on record as saying that Paterno got a bad wrap in this case and I am standing by that. It is a real shame how quickly he went from hero to villain to dead.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I am on record as saying that Paterno got a bad wrap in this case and I am standing by that. It is a real shame how quickly he went from hero to villain to dead.

I am going to guess that it is not a shame how quickly he went to dead.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Eff Paterno.  He's a scumbag.

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Just like the church. Lot of people getting away free . Evil stuff.

TP.  Paterno is the equivalent of the pope.  Evil mf'ers.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Mk

Yeah, I admit that I haven't followed the story as close as you, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that people like mkogav are even less versed on it than I am. To think that Paterno knowingly covered up countless molestations so that he could protect Penn State football seems a bit short sighted to say the least. Besides, he was the big name in the program, not Sandusky, why protect that piece of trash?

Personally I wish he were still alive to testify if needed.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Time to move on from this garbage...put Sandusky in the Electric Chair, pull the switch...bury him in a ditch...wipe your hands and get on with life.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
"Short sighted"... wow.

Go ahead and do not stand by that post.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Mk

I find it very hard to believe they didn't know.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17015181/testimony-unsealed-documents-alleges-joe-paterno-knew-jerry-sandusky-abuse-1976

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Guy was a sick individual. .....old man Parerno should have investigated and fired him soon as he knew . 

To turn his head on something like this was criminal to your fellow humans .

He failed an important test in life.