Author Topic: Danny made offer for Kawhi/Woj article on SAS and Kawhi(Merged Topics)  (Read 9167 times)

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I just read on Bleacher Report the Spurs are demanding Brandon Ingram, Kuzma, Josh Hart, two firsts and the option to swap two more firsts. My only question is how does a GM make a demand like that with a straight face?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784441-lakers-trade-rumors-kawhi-leonard-ask-includes-brandon-ingram-kyle-kuzma-more

Answer: Because Buford and Pop HATE the Fakers and don’t want to trade with them unless they can get the moon....So, they ask for the moon...

The price for any WC team will be higher, but the price for the Fakers will be highest.

Yep. And because they're trading an MVP candidate in his prime. It sounds like a lot but 3 prospects and 4 picks isn't unheard of. Orlando got 6 players, 2 firsts, and 2 seconds for Dwight Howard and washed up Jason Richardson.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Danny made offer for Kawhi before February trade deadline
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2018, 03:35:14 PM »

Online smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
A couple of thoughts: this must mean that Ainge doesn't believe that Leonard is injured, but then wouldn't that make him a head case?

And what could the offer be? Is Brown and Morris enough to match salaries? I assume all the future picks were on the table too. This was also during Tatum's swoon, so was he offered?

Hypothetically, Brown + Morris + Rozier + Nader could get it done. Nader is solely just there to match salaries.  Might sound like a lot but if Kawhi is relatively healthy and the C's ensure they keep Smart, then that's a deadly team next year. Would absolutely suck to lose Jaylen though, but either way I doubt it happens, b/c Kawhi stays in San Antonio and signs the super-max.

It definitely doesn’t sound like a lot. I love Brown, but I still think that’s a skimpy offer.

No way is that skimpy. A one year rental of a potentially gimpy Kawhi is not worth Jaylen Brown alone.

In order to want that trade, you must think that a) you can re-sign Kawhi and/or b) Jaylen stinks.

It's all about perspective gentlemen.  From our end.  You're correct.  But like most Celtics fans on Celticsblog you weren't thinking about the Spurs perspective.  We learned a few posts later what the Spurs demanded of LA from eja:

"I just read on Bleacher Report the Spurs are demanding Brandon Ingram, Kuzma, Josh Hart, two firsts and the option to swap two more firsts."

Now, I don't want to trade Brown.  But what the Spurs are asking is a lot more than just Brown + Rozier, so to them, it's skimpy.

That would be why I don't think a deal makes sense.  That and the lux tax implications.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07