Author Topic: NBA Trade Deadline Watch  (Read 37329 times)

Re: NBA Trade Deadline Watch
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2015, 03:42:11 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Do Luigi and Jerepko have salary implications past this season?  If so....
No. Unless there are picks involved (and perhaps even if there are) this is more of a hat-tip to Prince and the Pistons type of trade.

Don't get it to be honest. DET really liked Jerebko, and SVG even said he was a huge piece to their bench due to his floor spacing.

Good trade for us anyways.

why is it a good trade? Unless Danny sees something in Datome

Maybe buying out one or two of these guys will be a cheaper option than trying to buy out Prince.

Jerebko> Prince... Prince is 37. Hes done, and can help for a playoff push. Any GM with a sane mind would do this any given day.

1) Ainge didn't buy out Prince which would help the Clippers who would sign him asap.
2) Datome was someone he was interested in, and now he got him and has a Q/O 1.8 MIL.
3) Jerebko is a goood floor spacing big who can play 3/4 like a younger Televoic.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2015, 03:42:34 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
So....The Celtics "Trade Deadline" TV Show tonight, will actually be worth watching this year--!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2015, 03:42:48 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Jarebko is a solid player according to all the advanced metrics, could be a huge steal.

So was Brandon Wright.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Jarebko is a solid player according to all the advanced metrics, could be a huge steal.

Why would you get rid of that guy for Prince ?  Doesn't make sense to me.

« Reply #244 on: February 19, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No. Unless there are picks involved (and perhaps even if there are) this is more of a hat-tip to Prince and the Pistons type of trade.

Don't get it to be honest. DET really liked Jerebko, and SVG even said he was a huge piece to their bench due to his floor spacing.

Maybe buying out one or two of these guys will be a cheaper option than trying to buy out Prince.

Jerebko> Prince... Prince is 37. Hes done, and can help for a playoff push. Any GM with a sane mind would do this any given day.

1) Ainge didn't buy out Prince which would help the Clippers who would sign him asap.
2) Datome was someone he was interested in, and now he got him and has a Q/O 1.8 MIL.
3) Jerebko is a goood floor spacing big who can play 3/4 like a younger Televoic.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jerebjo01/gamelog/2015/

what part about Jerebko stats are you excited about??

15 min , 2 pts? 18 min 2 pts? 

If Pistons liked him so much and he is that much better than PRince, they would of not traded him for Prince.

Jarebko is one of the worse , non productive players in the league

He is prob going to keep the bench warm with Shav

« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2015, 03:46:22 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

he sucks.  Look at his stats for the season.  18 min, 2 pts, 15 min 0 points etc.

I'm more excited about Datome and he is not a player to really get excited about

He's a decent bench guy and an expiring contract.  Maybe a change of scenery will be good for him.  Nobody is expecting him to start. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2015, 03:46:49 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

he sucks.  Look at his stats for the season.  18 min, 2 pts, 15 min 0 points etc.

I'm more excited about Datome and he is not a player to really get excited about

This season he is having one of his best seasons....

He has a 1.9 WS, a .130 WS/48, OBPM of .5 and a DBPM of .7 for a BPM of 1.2 and a VORP of .6  So he has found is role and is providing above average offense and above average defense this season
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2015, 03:48:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

If Pistons liked him so much and he is that much better than PRince, they would of not traded him for Prince.

BS.

Also hes a good backup big that can space the floor and shoots a good FT %.

You didn't address the Clippers part where Doc Rivers, would've assuredly picked him up from waivers. Gives more PT for Young too.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2015, 03:48:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Jerebko is a good per-minute contributor, and is a couple of years removed from putting up 8 ppg and 5 rpg in 20 mpg off the Pistons bench.

For all of those who have ACTUALLY seen him play, he's also an energy type who plays the game right. Him and Shavlik Randolph have nothing in common.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #249 on: February 19, 2015, 03:49:28 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

He's not even been getting a shot buried behind Tolliver, why post ridiculous stats that won't mean much ?

« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2015, 03:49:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He's a decent bench guy and an expiring contract.  Maybe a change of scenery will be good for him.  Nobody is expecting him to start.

fine i'm willing to give him a chance.   Prince also was not given a chance and he excelled with the Celts. 

I guess another way to look at this is, Prince was going to be bought out anyways. And we needed to add some bodies to the lineup.

« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2015, 03:50:04 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

So was Brandon Wright.

No Wright put up good stats on a per/36 stat basis, his advanced metrics showed him to be a below average player, Jarebko show him to be an above average offensive and defensive player
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2015, 03:50:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Jerebko is a good per-minute contributor, and is a couple of years removed from putting up 8 ppg and 5 rpg in 20 mpg off the Pistons bench.

For all of those who have ACTUALLY seen him play, he's also an energy type who plays the game right. Him and Shavlik Randolph have nothing in common.

You don't think Shav plays the game the right way?  A guy like Shav has no business even being on the bench in the NBA.  He is a very hard working player

« Reply #253 on: February 19, 2015, 03:51:23 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Best trade deadline ever.

« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2015, 03:52:02 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Anybody can cherry-pick stats to back up an argument.  He's a young (27), 6'10 PF who can shoot the 3 and has some potential (he averaged 9pts and 6 rebs his rookie year).  The C's got him because his contract matched the old coot that we were sending to Detroit.  I don't know why you think there are great expectations for him.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.