Author Topic: Kings (17-29) at Celtics (21-23) 1/30  (Read 9844 times)

Re: Kings (16-29) at Celtics (21-23) 1/30
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 10:07:21 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
IF we could win this game, I'd be quite impressed.  Probably gonna get killed on the boards though.

Three days rest, a reeling Kings team, they're ones of the worst teams in the league, we're at home, and have momentum and you'd be IMPRESSED at a win over the Kings after we just beat the Heat without Rondo. What?
have you not followed this team for the past 3 years?  this is a textbook example of the type of game the C's don't bother to show up for.  There's no excuse for them to lose to the Kings but no doubt it'll be far closer than it should be.

I've seen Boston lose to all the bad teams, but it won't be THAT impressive to beat the Kings. It would just mean we were playing right for once. And we basically have every advantage we could have other than Rajon Rondo. For once, I expect a win.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 10:16:11 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
IF we could win this game, I'd be quite impressed.  Probably gonna get killed on the boards though.

Three days rest, a reeling Kings team, they're ones of the worst teams in the league, we're at home, and have momentum and you'd be IMPRESSED at a win over the Kings after we just beat the Heat without Rondo. What?
have you not followed this team for the past 3 years?  this is a textbook example of the type of game the C's don't bother to show up for.  There's no excuse for them to lose to the Kings but no doubt it'll be far closer than it should be.

I've seen Boston lose to all the bad teams, but it won't be THAT impressive to beat the Kings. It would just mean we were playing right for once. And we basically have every advantage we could have other than Rajon Rondo. For once, I expect a win.
can't blame you for expecting a win because, on paper, every C's fan should expect one.  I try not to expect anything anymore from these guys in terms of games they should win.  it keeps me from throwing things at my TV when they put out another disappointing effort

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 10:21:19 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Two in a row, here we go!

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 10:39:03 AM »

Online letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
I'd like someone who refutes this to look at our record against the Kings the last couple of seasons.  Their size and athleticism is a horrible matchup. 
Expect a ton of second chance points and fast break points for them.

can't blame you for expecting a win because, on paper, every C's fan should expect one.  I try not to expect anything anymore from these guys in terms of games they should win.  it keeps me from throwing things at my TV when they put out another disappointing effort

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 10:41:20 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
im excited to see how they play without rondo.  Definately looking forward to seeing Barbosa, terry, and green get some more pt.  Hope we can get this righted and pick up some small pieces to help.  I still believe ;D

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 12:01:16 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Last time we played the Kings we got a brutal beaten. Its time to return the favor...

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 12:06:35 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Isaiah with that game winner over Washington today...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 12:08:08 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Is this the "real" game thread?  For as long as I can remember, FLCeltFan has always done these.

Nothing bad meant by it just confusing, that's all.

Also, why is a Detroit Pistons banner in the OP?  And was it accidental, or an intentional omission, leaving Bass out of the lineup entirely.

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 12:17:54 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Is this the "real" game thread?  For as long as I can remember, FLCeltFan has always done these.

Nothing bad meant by it just confusing, that's all.

Also, why is a Detroit Pistons banner in the OP?  And was it accidental, or an intentional omission, leaving Bass out of the lineup entirely.

Very confusing indeed. Who knows?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

Re: Kings (17-29) at Celtics (21-23) 1/30
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 12:32:27 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Isiah Thomas just had 22/7 with a game winner. Need to watch out for him.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 09:27:45 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I think the Celtics start showing up now and at least defend their HC and at least keep their Eight Position for now. Danny will still shop for a big man this month and that will be the only significant deal made. I simply do not believe that Paul Pierce will be dealt.  Like I say the team emerges tonight and I expect a thirty three point positive margin to avenge that California abomination.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 07:59:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Appreciate the help, CelticsConcourse, but FL Celts Fan makes our "official" game threads.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=62309.0

I'm locking this one, but feel free to PM her to see if she needs any help.  If you guys work out a schedule, just let us know.  Thanks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes