Author Topic: All-female broadcast team for Celtics v Pistons on Mon 3/18  (Read 19401 times)

Re: All-female broadcast team for Celtics v Pistons on Mon 3/18
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2024, 03:15:31 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
I'm not expecting it to be great, but if you can sit through Reggie Miller and Stan Van Gundy you can sit through pretty much anything.

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2024, 04:42:05 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Could be worse, could be an All Reggie Miller Broadcast Team.

I'd probably watch a Miller family  (Reggie & Cheryl) broadcast, though.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2024, 05:22:43 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Well I'm now excited to hear this broadcast...I've heard Abby on the radio doing color as a sub for Max a couple of times so I'm sure she will do well, I'm looking forward to hearing how the others go as well. We won't know if it's deserved recognition or virtue signaling until they've actually done it and they deserve a chance to at least show us what they've got  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2024, 08:14:29 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Might just watch the Pistons broadcast tonight on League Pass

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2024, 09:29:26 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My 12 year old daughter saw the advertisement for the broadcast.  Her reaction?  "I don't care".

She's much more concerned with when Porzingis will be back.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2024, 09:51:40 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
My 12 year old daughter saw the advertisement for the broadcast.  Her reaction?  "I don't care".

She's much more concerned with when Porzingis will be back.

A young lady with her priorities right...worry about the people on the court, not off  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2024, 08:34:14 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I struggle with Abbeys cadence. It like she gets stuck or glitches or something. Maybe im just an old grumpy troll.
ok fine

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2024, 09:27:24 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
I struggle with Abbeys cadence. It like she gets stuck or glitches or something. Maybe im just an old grumpy troll.

She’s probably just nervous. Leave Abbey alone!  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2024, 09:37:17 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

She’s probably just nervous. Leave Abbey alone!  :laugh:

I think Abby is just used to doing short bits on the sidelines. This is quite different.

DiJonai Carrington is one of my favorite WNBA players. I've followed her since her time at Stanford and then when she transferred to Baylor. She's always had good game insights on social media.

The idea that women can't talk about the NBA as well as men do is so laughably outdated. But no surprise that some folks in the Boston fanbase is stuck in past stereotypes.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 09:46:44 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2024, 09:37:45 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Never again please

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2024, 09:42:18 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Never again please

I honestly didn’t think it was any worse than having to listen to Scal and Drew. Was really hoping Max and Grande would take over at some point.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2024, 09:44:49 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
Zora Stephenson is good at calling the game but less good at drawing her cohosts out.  Specifically they never found an opportunity for Carrington to get a word in edgewise, which is a shame because the few comments she did make demonstrated the best basketball knowledge of the group. 

I watch most national broadcasts on mute and never reached for that button during this game though, for what that's worth.  They were fine.

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2024, 09:45:59 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Never again please

I honestly didn’t think it was any worse than having to listen to Scal and Drew. Was hoping Max and Grande would take over at some point.

It really wasn't. I like Drew for the most part, but his "oh, he shot it right in Jordan Poole's eye hole" isn't exactly profound or inventive commentary.

But you saw the attitude before the broadcast even aired. The Boston Celtics fandom will never beat the bigot allegations.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2024, 10:05:01 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Zora Stephenson is good at calling the game but less good at drawing her cohosts out.  Specifically they never found an opportunity for Carrington to get a word in edgewise, which is a shame because the few comments she did make demonstrated the best basketball knowledge of the group. 

I watch most national broadcasts on mute and never reached for that button during this game though, for what that's worth.  They were fine.

I generally agree about Stephenson.  I thought her play-by-play was solid.  I think it would have worked better if there were only one other person with her calling the game, instead of two.  Three can be a crowd, especially when none of them had worked together before.

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2024, 10:20:05 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676

I generally agree about Stephenson.  I thought her play-by-play was solid.  I think it would have worked better if there were only one other person with her calling the game, instead of two.  Three can be a crowd, especially when none of them had worked together before.

Agreed.  I remember the three-man crew one of the national broadcasts used to do, with Breen trying to keep the group on task while JVG and Mark Jackson bickered and talked over each other.  A mess.