Author Topic: Steven Adams?  (Read 11574 times)

Re: Steven Adams?
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2019, 08:35:14 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Garbage deal
To slow in paint

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2019, 11:42:57 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Am I the only one who doesn’t really want Adams?

I love his personality but his offense/shooting seems limited. Great rebounder, solid shot blocker, but would he even fit Brad’s scheme lol? Idk.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2019, 11:46:01 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I love his personality but his offense/shooting seems limited. Great rebounder, solid shot blocker, but would he even fit Brad’s scheme lol? Idk.

He's a lot niftier around the basket than he gets credit for. Great rolling to the rim, SETS GREAT SCREENS which is something we've lacked for awhile. You could easily go small with Gordon at the 4 because Stevens can make up for it defensively.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2019, 11:47:51 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

He's a lot niftier around the basket than he gets credit for. Great rolling to the rim, SETS GREAT SCREENS which is something we've lacked for awhile. You could easily go small with Gordon at the 4 because Stevens can make up for it defensively.

Yep Adams is a great defender, a bit underrated too there
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2019, 11:53:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That little floater thing of his is absolute money, and seemingly does not get blocked.

I think playing alongside Russ has hurt both his game and his stats. Could easily get you 10-13 rebounds a night I believe
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2019, 11:54:18 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I think with Al going, our defense is taking a massive hit. It's not good enough to withstand the addition of a guy like Vucevic. I'd rather take on an Adams type that can be an anchor on that end, and try to build the offense around Tatum, Brown, and Hayward.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2019, 11:58:41 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

I think with Al going, our defense is taking a massive hit. It's not good enough to withstand the addition of a guy like Vucevic. I'd rather take on an Adams type that can be an anchor on that end, and try to build the offense around Tatum, Brown, and Hayward.

I agree.  Adams averaged 14/10/ 1block per shooting 60% from the field.  He can replicate some of what Al did, but not all of it.  He can't shoot 3s, but he seems to be a better rebounder, and hits the off boards with around 5 off reb / game.  He can't replace on completely on Off, but we don't loose much defensively.

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2019, 07:23:47 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

That little floater thing of his is absolute money, and seemingly does not get blocked.

I think playing alongside Russ has hurt both his game and his stats. Could easily get you 10-13 rebounds a night I believe

Yeah, I think Adams could do more offensively too. Especially as a passer. And an occasional post up presence when teams switch a smaller player on him. I think there is more to come from him in both areas once he gets away from Oklahoma.

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2019, 07:31:12 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Why is everyone obsessed with signing fringe stars

I think Adams is a good role player on a team, he does all the dirty things like what Perk did. When you have 2 to 3 shooters on the floor you need some one who can set good picks, roll, or rebound missed shots. He's not as good of a passer as AL or shooter, but he does everything else really well, high energy guy. Plus he's only 25 years old, so he kinda fits well. You get a good PG and a solid bench, and you're now competing in the East.

I agree.  You can’t compete without a tough big man to patrol the inside.