Author Topic: 76ers (20-20) at Celtics (34-11) Game #46 1/18/18  (Read 34434 times)

Re: 76ers (20-20) at Celtics (34-11) Game #46 1/18/18
« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2018, 09:11:36 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Please tell me that Kyrie Irving is over on the bench area tonite. Please tell me he didn't stay home again because he is hurt. I don't see him over there ?

He's at the game.  Actual LOL at the fact that you are in a sudden panic over this.

I knew I would take a few smart alec comments from my question, though lots of regular members here have their own little obsessions with this team (Roy & Terry Rozier, Half the Board & Marcus Smart).

So........... Kyrie leaving early and then not attending the subsequent home game when he had the facial injury was not a good look for me. This is an important issue because this group thrived on chemistry last year and much of that chemistry was traded and Kyrie is not exactly famous for being a great teammate. He seems to have put some effort towards that this year, but I'm afraid his basic nature is that of a self-centered person and that ain't what the Celtics are about.

So, you say he is at the game......................exactly where is he, cause I don't see him over there in the bench area anywhere ??

Gee, how dare he stay home after he broke his face? I'm sure that bright arena lights and loud crowd would've been a lot of fun to sit through with your face throbbing. So selfish.

You're making a huge deal out of nothing. He could be watching from training room/locker room area as KG frequently did when he was here and missed games. I mean, Gordon has the boot off. Why aren't you freaking out about him not sitting on the bench?

Jo Jo White is also not at the game.

« Reply #346 on: January 18, 2018, 09:11:46 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

So, you say he is at the game......................exactly where is he, cause I don't see him over there in the bench area anywhere ??

He was interviewed before the game.  He is there.

What did you think about KG never being on the bench?

Keep blaming him dude, LOL.

Anyone who refers to someone in conversation as "dude" automatically loses credibility with me.

As I remember, KG was on the bench the entire playoff when he was hurt in 2009 - he was on his feet and cheering at every opportunity. KG is the one responsible for changing the culture of that group when he got here in '07. I also remember KG flying cross-country in the middle of the off-season to be at Shaq's introductory press conference in 2011.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #347 on: January 18, 2018, 09:11:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm gonna have to start trash talking Smart now so that they come back and he makes some signature last second plays.

« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2018, 09:11:57 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I do not understand why the ball is not going into the hands of people who can actually score.

Honestly: what are you talking about?  Who is not getting the ball that you think should?  Everyone is seeing it and not making aggressive moves, not getting open, not back cutting.  No one is being froze out.
Tatum/Morris etc. People who can actually create their own shot

Tatum has been gun shy..they'd give him the ball...he passes back to Smarrt who in turn bricks it.
This is where the coach should say something except it looks like brad has been sleeping this game.

« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:19 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Please tell me that Kyrie Irving is over on the bench area tonite. Please tell me he didn't stay home again because he is hurt. I don't see him over there ?

He's at the game.  Actual LOL at the fact that you are in a sudden panic over this.

I knew I would take a few smart alec comments from my question, though lots of regular members here have their own little obsessions with this team (Roy & Terry Rozier, Half the Board & Marcus Smart).

So........... Kyrie leaving early and then not attending the subsequent home game when he had the facial injury was not a good look for me. This is an important issue because this group thrived on chemistry last year and much of that chemistry was traded and Kyrie is not exactly famous for being a great teammate. He seems to have put some effort towards that this year, but I'm afraid his basic nature is that of a self-centered person and that ain't what the Celtics are about.

Gee, how dare he stay home after he broke his face? I'm sure that bright arena lights and loud crowd would've been a lot of fun to sit through with your face throbbing. So selfish.

You're making a huge deal out of nothing. He could be watching from training room/locker room area as KG frequently did when he was here and missed games. I mean, Gordon has the boot off. Why aren't you freaking out about him not sitting on the bench?

BRUH!!  WAY too soon.

« Reply #350 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:24 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I do not understand why the ball is not going into the hands of people who can actually score.

Honestly: what are you talking about?  Who is not getting the ball that you think should?  Everyone is seeing it and not making aggressive moves, not getting open, not back cutting.  No one is being froze out.

Tatum has been gun shy..they'd give him the ball...he passes back to Smarrt who in turn bricks it.

To be fair, Smart is 6-11 tonight.  Not as bricky as usual. 

« Reply #351 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Let's see the great Smart bail us out of this one.  Put in Rozier. He can clang em for less money

« Reply #352 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:52 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

That's the one thing I get concerned about with him - he can be super passive at times. He's too talented to not be a factor as has been the case tonight.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #353 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:54 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Anyone who refers to someone in conversation as "dude" automatically loses credibility with me.

As I remember, KG was on the bench the entire playoff when he was hurt in 2009 - he was on his feet and cheering at every opportunity. KG is the one responsible for changing the culture of that group when he got here in '07. I also remember KG flying cross-country in the middle of the off-season to be at Shaq's introductory press conference in 2011.

He wasn't on the bench the entire regular season after he was hurt.  Maybe you weren't watching back then.  We are watching a regular season game right now .

Wow dude losing credibility with you is a shame.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #354 on: January 18, 2018, 09:13:10 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

BRUH!!  WAY too soon.

My bad!

« Reply #355 on: January 18, 2018, 09:13:11 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
The threes must splash or....wait, Magic are only down 5

« Reply #356 on: January 18, 2018, 09:13:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Where was this urgency a long long long time ago?

I think all of those comebacks have spoiled these Celtics and made them think they can "turn it on" and win games by just playing halves at a time.

I think when your two best players aren't playing you will struggle.

Amen
We might want to dial down the angst a little bit.  We're having a bad game while missing our top two offensive options. 
It happens.

Eh, this has been the case most of the year even with Kyrie playing.

« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2018, 09:13:17 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

BRUH!!  WAY too soon.

haha but still kinda funny.

« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

What kind of a sick comment is that ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird