Author Topic: Celtics (51-18) at Spurs (45-22) 3/20  (Read 53083 times)

Re: Celtics (51-18) at Spurs (45-22) 3/20
« Reply #270 on: March 21, 2009, 08:47:46 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
So, I miss out and the C's win.  I feel like the jinx.   :'(

Same here. Better not watch anymore  ;)

« Reply #271 on: March 21, 2009, 09:06:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
What is Rondo trying to prove? That Parker shouldn't have called him over-rated? If he keeps playing like this, he'll prove him right.

this was one of the weirder comments of the night
rondo was a whopping +17 in the game, nooone else even remotely near him in that aspect, proving what people already think, the celtics are 10x better with rondo in the game...sure he missed alot of shots, (who didnt, pierce was 3-16) but he was ultra aggressive, which usually means a win for the celtics. think game 6 of the finals where rondo attempted more shots then anyone in the game

Another example, actually, of why the plus-minus chart is overused.

There's no question that Parker had the best of the matchup last night. He's the best point in the game, along with Paul, and Rajon couldn't guard him.

Rondo's game is progressing nicely, but he's not at Tony Parker's level.

Yet.
They ran high pick and rolls to pick Rondo off Tony Parker. Once the pick and roll happens, especially with the semi moving screens Duncan/Bonner set its up to the help. Tony actually didn't break Rondo down off the dribble one on one much at all. This difference was glaring when House was guarding Parker....

Tony played better than Rondo, especially in transition. But Rondo has nothing to worry about tonights game. I actually liked that he took the pull up jumper more tonight when he was left wide open than he usually does.

« Reply #272 on: March 21, 2009, 10:43:21 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
What is Rondo trying to prove? That Parker shouldn't have called him over-rated? If he keeps playing like this, he'll prove him right.

this was one of the weirder comments of the night
rondo was a whopping +17 in the game, nooone else even remotely near him in that aspect, proving what people already think, the celtics are 10x better with rondo in the game...sure he missed alot of shots, (who didnt, pierce was 3-16) but he was ultra aggressive, which usually means a win for the celtics. think game 6 of the finals where rondo attempted more shots then anyone in the game

Another example, actually, of why the plus-minus chart is overused.

There's no question that Parker had the best of the matchup last night. He's the best point in the game, along with Paul, and Rajon couldn't guard him.

Rondo's game is progressing nicely, but he's not at Tony Parker's level.

Yet.

I never really said he outplayed tony parker, tony did get the better of him last night, which really isnt anything to be ashamed of, you could actually tell parker wanted to have a big game, for the simple fact that hes struggled against rondo and the celtics the last few matchups.
The fact of the matter is, the celtics played better with rondo on the floor, as they always do, he had a nice double double and was aggrressive all night, which is what you want, even if hes missing shots...I dont see how you cant take anything from rondos +17 last night, noone else even cracked +10...it clearly means something
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce