Author Topic: So Rivers thought rebounding was overrated  (Read 529 times)

So Rivers thought rebounding was overrated
« on: January 10, 2017, 10:49:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
now we have another coach that thinks his big men should be camped on the three point line while his 5'9 star guard goes in to challenge 7 footers of other teams.

Oh the horror.

He is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Marv Albers would say .... 'and their shooting woes continue'. I guess it is time for Tommy to coin the phrase 'and their rebounding woes continue'.

Re: So Rivers thought rebounding was overrated
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:52:11 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Bigs shooting threes are the norm for the NBA today.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:10:37 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
"shooting woes" is another term for no second shots. No second shots is another term for no offensive rebounding.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 11:14:32 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
"shooting woes" is another term for no second shots. No second shots is another term for no offensive rebounding.

Agree, and allowing 2nd, 3rd and 4th shots on the same possession, aside from being devastatingly demoralizing to our defense, is called no defensive rebounding.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:08:31 AM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 11:16:36 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
Rivers thought offensive rebounding was not as important as getting back on transition defense.  I agree with him on that.  Not sure but I think his Celtic team's were pretty good at defensive rebounding.  I don't agree with Stevens approach to force fit players, like Sully and Smart, into shooting 3pt shots.  That's not an efficient offense. 

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 08:49:01 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Rivers thought offensive rebounding was not as important as getting back on transition defense.  I agree with him on that.  Not sure but I think his Celtic team's were pretty good at defensive rebounding.  I don't agree with Stevens approach to force fit players, like Sully and Smart, into shooting 3pt shots.  That's not an efficient offense.

Yep it is offensive rebounds vs transition offense, very hard to do both.

Sully was a failed experiment, weird because he was good at the 15ft shot, he could just never extend it out. Smart is starting to come through this year. FT% is normally a good indication of improved shooting and he's shooting over 90% recently

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 10:35:09 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Plenty of big guys shoot threes and still get rebounds.  Love is shooting 6.9 threes a game and grabbing 10.9 rebounds a game.  Heck even James is shooting 4.8 threes and grabbing 7.8 rebounds.  Durant is shooting nearly 5 threes a game and grabbing nearly 9 boards a game.  Draymond 3.5 and 8.5.  Those are the best team in each conference. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip