Author Topic: Doc: Sully is a warrior, he's going nowhere....  (Read 17588 times)

Re: Doc: Sully is a warrior, he's going nowhere....
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2013, 08:49:53 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm sure Sully is a warrior, but if someone like Varejao, Sullinger or Marc Gasol becomes available, he's first in line to get shipped out of town.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2013, 08:56:12 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'm sure Sully is a warrior, but if someone like Varejao, Sullinger or Marc Gasol becomes available, he's first in line to get shipped out of town.

Don't we already have Sullinger.?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2013, 08:57:39 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Don't we already have Sullinger.?
Cousins. Boo. :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2013, 09:00:49 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I'm converted.  Keep Cousins in Sactown, I'll keep Bradley/Sullinger for the time being.
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:32 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
In the post game interview Doc said sully's a warrior and not going anywhere....

I love sully , but would trade him for gortat or varejao

Thoughts?

Thoughts: Get ready to pack your bags Sully.
I love you, but Danny will trade you in a heartbeat and your stock is rising....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2013, 09:20:27 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Sully's definitely earned his minutes this season, that's for sure.

I'd hate to see him go, especially after this last handful of games. But the wheel-and-deal machine rolls on, and I'll wish him success wherever he ends up (unless he lands on the Lakers).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2013, 09:35:43 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Never mind all the "Jeff Green needs more minutes" posts.  I want Sully to get a lot more minutes.  He actually produces every game.  He was on a nice role yesterday and Doc yanked him for Bass.  I wasn't happy with that substitution.

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »

Offline Sizzlack

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
im sure we all regret how the C's traded Joe johnson/Chauncey billups for what at the time were "help for now"

TP!

Outstanding point and I can't possibly agree with you more.

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2013, 09:51:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Never mind all the "Jeff Green needs more minutes" posts.  I want Sully to get a lot more minutes.  He actually produces every game.  He was on a nice role yesterday and Doc yanked him for Bass.  I wasn't happy with that substitution.
Sully had played for about 10 minutes straight sandwiched around the quarter break. He was almost certainly gassed at that point.

I was a little shocked Doc didn't give KG a break in the fourth.

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, 09:53:13 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Sully had played for about 10 minutes straight sandwiched around the quarter break. He was almost certainly gassed at that point.

I was a little shocked Doc didn't give KG a break in the fourth.
Yeah, and I thought he should have gotten a short rest and come back in.  The gap between he and Bass widens with every game.

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 09:56:19 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
where has this idea come from that Gortat is some sort of star?

Sullinger is only going to get better and better...now im not saying we can NEVER trade him. but trading a guy with sullys potential(even if its to be a trade chip for a star in the future) for a role-player like Gortat??

im sure we all regret how the C's traded Joe johnson/Chauncey billups for what at the time were "help for now"
JJ yes, Chauncey never.

I like Sully but would want to keep him if we're getting Gortat or Varejao.
That's funny considering Chauncey had a better career.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, 10:00:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
where has this idea come from that Gortat is some sort of star?

Sullinger is only going to get better and better...now im not saying we can NEVER trade him. but trading a guy with sullys potential(even if its to be a trade chip for a star in the future) for a role-player like Gortat??

JJ yes, Chauncey never.

I like Sully but would want to keep him if we're getting Gortat or Varejao.
That's funny considering Chauncey had a better career.
Billups also bounced around to 3 other teams before he finally put it together in Detroit.

Joe Johnson's also got quite a bit of career left. I'd rank them as similar level players, though Chauncey obviously has had a lot more team success.

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, 10:09:23 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

TP!

Outstanding point and I can't possibly agree with you more.

We did the same thing when we left off Al and GG for Garnett though, or when we traded the pick for Ray Allen.

Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it don't.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Anybody else see the stat that Sully has caught up and tied KG in plus minus?

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 10:16:47 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Sully's bball iq is what makes him special. he does so many things right out there. He picks them up quickly, thus hes improving quickly.

I dont want to trade him. I think he can improve enough to be a star in the league. his bball iq together with bradley's defense changed the game. we witnessed the potential celts future, and it looked really good.

watching this team, i think the best move is a trade for some sort of serviceable big (dalembert?) and keep our young players. if the team stays consistent like this they're contenders. its not worth trading a guy like sully for gortat, for example...