Author Topic: Kemba Ruled Out For Friday's Game  (Read 7050 times)

Re: Kemba Ruled Out For Friday's Game
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 07:08:06 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Played in a worthless All Star game but can’t play in a meaningful regular season game? Hmmmm
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 07:57:04 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Some people are ridiculous. The Timberpups are the worst team in the league without KAT. We definitely don't need him, so why not sit with a sore knee?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 07:59:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Some people are ridiculous. The Timberpups are the worst team in the league without KAT. We definitely don't need him, so why not sit with a sore knee?
Not even much better with him! Basically the Minnesota Warriors now that they have D-Lo
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 08:38:45 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Blowing through his minutes restriction at the all star game is not a good look now. Also, whoever was coaching his team should be embarrassed. The coach knew there was a minutes restriction and played him 15 straight minutes (including the entire 4th quarter). That guy should be flogged. As all star game coach you legit have two jobs: make sure everyone gets some minutes and make sure no one gets hurt. Just lunacy to do that.

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 08:44:18 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Blowing through his minutes restriction at the all star game is not a good look now. Also, whoever was coaching his team should be embarrassed. The coach knew there was a minutes restriction and played him 15 straight minutes (including the entire 4th quarter). That guy should be flogged. As all star game coach you legit have two jobs: make sure everyone gets some minutes and make sure no one gets hurt. Just lunacy to do that.

I'm sure Kemba had something to do with it as well.  The All Star game was competitive this year and was one of the best all start games I can remember watching.  I was glued to the game.  They did a great job with it.  These guys are competitors and want to win.  I'm sure Kemba was stating he was fine and is being held out against the wolves just for precaution but stinks none the less.  If Kemba was still hurting then he should have sat out the game.  It's not like it was his first time playing.  These last games are vital.  Getting the 2 spot over Toronto is huge IMO.  Getting home court vs Toronto in the 2nd round is absolutely necessary.

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2020, 09:01:37 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

I'm sure Kemba had something to do with it as well.  The All Star game was competitive this year and was one of the best all start games I can remember watching.  I was glued to the game.  They did a great job with it.  These guys are competitors and want to win.  I'm sure Kemba was stating he was fine and is being held out against the wolves just for precaution but stinks none the less.  If Kemba was still hurting then he should have sat out the game.  It's not like it was his first time playing.  These last games are vital.  Getting the 2 spot over Toronto is huge IMO.  Getting home court vs Toronto in the 2nd round is absolutely necessary.
How Kemba felt was irrelevant. Doctors gave him a minutes restriction. Both he and the coach didn’t listen to them. He played like 30 mins in that game. Now he’s out hurt for a game that matters. It’s a bad look.

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2020, 09:11:26 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

How Kemba felt was irrelevant. Doctors gave him a minutes restriction. Both he and the coach didn’t listen to them. He played like 30 mins in that game. Now he’s out hurt for a game that matters. It’s a bad look.

Fairly sure he was coached by Nick Nurse of the Raptors, who are conveniently fighting with us for the 2 seed and would be a potential second round matchup.

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2020, 09:15:15 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Not even much better with him! Basically the Minnesota Warriors now that they have D-Lo
we should be able to win comfortably but as we've seen Russell has a tendency to go off against the C's.  wouldn't chalk this one up as an automatic win just yet.

having said that, Kemba should have played less minutes (or not at all) in a meaningless all-star game so that he'd be ready to play after the break.  if he misses the next game too, someone needs to get their butt chewed out (not that that will solve this issue)

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2020, 09:25:22 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
we should be able to win comfortably but as we've seen Russell has a tendency to go off against the C's.  wouldn't chalk this one up as an automatic win just yet.

having said that, Kemba should have played less minutes (or not at all) in a meaningless all-star game so that he'd be ready to play after the break.  if he misses the next game too, someone needs to get their butt chewed out (not that that will solve this issue)

I guess the issue was that at some point the players, and maybe even the coaches, started to feel that the game wasn't as meaningless as it's historically been. They were all playing pretty hard in that fourth quarter. Fun for a neutral to watch, but for those of us who have a vested interest in our players being available for club games, it probably wasn't as much fun seeing them go all out to try and win and possibly get injured.

Reminds me of the perennial problem they have in soccer, where national teams play friendlies, World Cup qualifiers and other international games during the clubs seasons and the clubs have to release their players to play in "meaningless" international games. The players want to play the international games because for most countries outside of the US, international competition is the pinnacle. But it doesn't help the clubs who pay their salaries if they get injured
(or even jetlagged for South American players who have to travel from Europe to Brazil or Argentina and so on). Thankfully the NBA isn't played the same time as the Olympics or the World Cup so the issue doesn't arise, but pretty sure Indiana fans weren't too happy that PG13 missed a year because of an injury suffered playing for his country.

Maybe next year we could have All Star selection (so the players get some recognition) but not actually play a game  :angel:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 09:33:36 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2020, 09:28:32 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Fairly sure he was coached by Nick Nurse of the Raptors, who are conveniently fighting with us for the 2 seed and would be a potential second round matchup.

Don't ruin it by things like facts salt. People won't be satisfied if they have nothing to complain about.

Anyway I dont think Kemba wouldve gotten scot free if he was uninjured and declined the game. He was voted by the fans as a starter afterall. He mightve been fine that game and it got sore after this last practice. Also it sounds like a precaution, as were playing a bad team and if it was the playoffs he'd have no restrictions.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2020, 09:40:33 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sucks and is concerning.

The C's are going to be cautious with him and his knee over seeding. His shooting was poor the last 4 games he played and I'm sure the knee had something to do with it (he missed 3 games as well).

The all-star game doesn't worry me, he was playing the last 4 games against ATL/LAC/HOU/OKC. More wear and tear from that than whatever the all-star game did. Players are going to play.

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2020, 10:30:52 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Per Max Carlin on Twitter:

Games Kemba's missed:

SAC
ATL
CHI
WAS
PHX
PHI
ATL
ORL
MIN

With the exception of Philly, those are a lot of bottom feeders. 

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2020, 10:42:35 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Games Kemba's missed:

SAC
ATL
CHI
WAS
PHX
PHI
ATL
ORL
MIN

Now that I think about it, is it just me or is the recipe for success against the Sixers.... having a starting PG out and the backups playing lol? We seemed to beat them often with Kyrie out, Rozier in last few years and we blew them out recently with Kemba out  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2020, 10:50:56 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Games Kemba's missed:

SAC
ATL
CHI
WAS
PHX
PHI
ATL
ORL
MIN

I know the absences have been responses to soreness but this screams careful load management of a chronic issue to me. I'm glad we're doing it, especially when we're pretty well-established in the 2-3 seed area right now.

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2020, 11:09:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
C's managed Horford's knee really well last two years, hopefully the plan is as effective with Kemba.