Author Topic: [Charania] Magic steps down as President of Basketball Operations (*Walton gone)  (Read 15192 times)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He let the CANCER of LeBum and his gangster camp in .   Magic HAD to know hevwas going to have to fire Luke . I called it soon as Lebum was signed ,  young Luke wants to actually coach ....not be a stooge for Lebum like Lue .    Sure enough Lebron is getting tearing up the fragile low IQ FO .   Pilinka had zero experience as a GM , and GMs don't like him in general.    He is being pushed and led around by Lebron James . 

The spoiled Buss daughter , siezed control threw out people who understood the business.    People that would not let LeBum slime and sleaze his way into the gut of the organization . 

They made a deal with the devil and now its all coming home to roost.

What a mess.  Sooner James is out of the NBA THE BETTER.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I bet he knows getting another star FA to LA this summer is going to be hard and unlikely so he is leaving now before he gets blamed for that. The next moves will be telling for LA. If they go ahead and hire former Lebron yes men at GM and coach, we will all know who was behind everything.

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
If what Woj is reporting is true, Magic's resignation changes nothing for the Lakers. Magic was an absentee GM. If Pelinka stays on for now, he and his staff can move on with whatever their plans are for the off-season.

Magic did steal the NBA news cycle on Nowitski and Wade's retirement nights. He could have waited until Thursday for this.

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I want to laugh heavily - and I have laughed some, but I will abstain from complete schadenfreude until Kyrie re-signs.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If what Woj is reporting is true, Magic's resignation changes nothing for the Lakers. Magic was an absentee GM. If Pelinka stays on for now, he and his staff can move on with whatever their plans are for the off-season.

Magic did steal the NBA news cycle on Nowitski and Wade's retirement nights. He could have waited until Thursday for this.
Dirk hasn't retired...

Edit: Yes he has :(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:16:34 AM by gouki88 »
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
So, he wanted to be president of ops without having to actually work at it.

Now he has to go back to his normal, rich life.

Poor guy.

Also, the Clippers say thank you for gift wrapping them Ivaca Zubac for practically nothing.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I bet he knows getting another star FA to LA this summer is going to be hard and unlikely so he is leaving now before he gets blamed for that. The next moves will be telling for LA. If they go ahead and hire former Lebron yes men at GM and coach, we will all know who was behind everything.

LOL,...oh yeah .....the Laker are already wanting Lue and Griffin  to come appease Lewhine ,  so he ll bring them a championship .

If i was running the Lakers or new GM ....i d trade Lebum off for anything just to have him out of my hair .

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
LeBron will be named President now..(he already is)
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I want to laugh heavily - and I have laughed some, but I will abstain from complete schadenfreude until Kyrie re-signs.
schadenfreude is the name of the game on this thread.
TP.
Now, please excuse me, I need to go schadenfreude-ing for a while.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
So, he wanted to be president of ops without having to actually work at it.

Now he has to go back to his normal, rich life.

Poor guy.

Also, the Clippers say thank you for gift wrapping them Ivaca Zubac for practically nothing.

They're thanking the Lakers for gifting them Jerry West, too
I'm bitter.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He kept his word didn't he say if he did not turn it around in two years he would step down?

My son thinks they asked him to do so because they want to gain favor with the Pelicans for a new deal.

Lebron literally leaves every team he was on or is on in shambles.

Magic Johnson steps down as Lakers President
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2019, 07:31:25 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Significantly bad timing.  Magic was also very passive-aggressive in his comments.  He said he wasn't able to text Wade and Nowitski to congratulate them.  Why?  Crocodile tears too.  Give me a break.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Significantly bad timing.  Magic was also very passive-aggressive in his comments.  He said he wasn't able to text Wade and Nowitski to congratulate them.  Why?  Crocodile tears too.  Give me a break.
As time passes,
wine turns to vinegar.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Typical Magic.  Stealing the media spotlight on a night where it should've been shining on Wade & Dirk.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team