Author Topic: Just realized this. If we do draft Andrew Nicholson, what happens to JJJ?  (Read 7209 times)

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Every time I hear JJJ's name, MBrooks(New Jersey) comes to mind.  How did DA passed on that talent, I have no idea.  Well, actually I do.  Jgreen was healthy then and so we didn't need a wing at draft time.

Oops, therei go talking about MBrooks again...😄

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
^ well, what if JJJ turns out to be Avery Bradley next year. Avery wasn't playing much last year or at all, and this year he showed us. Patience my friend

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
What do you think will happen.....nicholson will have to sit next to jjj.......as long as doc is a coach....doc = "rookies sit for a year or two....that way they get game time experience.."  ?????????????????????????????

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Nicholson already is 15 lbs heavier than JJJ. Has superior post moves and longer range . You don't pass on him because you have JJJ. We don't even know if JJJ will be in the league in 3 years . Nicohlson has a big al low post game with 3 pt range. Draft him and let him compete with JJJ

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
try him at small forward, IMO JJJ had some good games for us like da one against Memphis nd da other one against Chicago both where he scored in double figures he was in a nice rhythm nd had his confidence goin then his playin time got cut dis board was a lor too hard on him cuz he barely got a chance to show us anything

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2671
  • bammokja
What do you think will happen.....nicholson will have to sit next to jjj.......as long as doc is a coach....doc = "rookies sit for a year or two....that way they get game time experience.."  ?????????????????????????????

Please stop. Plenty of posters have shown this is not accurate.

Thank you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
JJJ is a four year college player who couldn't get a minute of playing time for a team with two legitimate NBA big men, one of whom has a serious minute restriction.

He's out of the league once his rookie contract is up.

your neglecting the fact that he was behind both of those big men on the depth chart.  Seriously, anyone who thinks he was getting time ahead of either KG or Bass, especially a rookie on a Doc-coached team, is kidding themselves.  

Give him a summer league, training camp and preseason before projecting him out of the league.  The kid has some offensive moves.  With some coaching time with the staff, I think JJJ will look pretty solid next year.

I agree that 3J has a chance to come in and be productive next year, but he really wasn't behind KG on the depth chart for the 2nd half of the year.  Doc would have preferred to keep KG over at center, it's just that he had nobody else he trusted playing the 4 behind Bass.  If 3J was in any way battling minutes around KG, it was to be as productive at the 4 as Stiemer and then Hollins have been at the 5.

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
What needs to be done is send him to play overseas, so he can bulk up, where performing enhancing drugs are not tested.
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird