Author Topic: Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0 - Celtics Picks  (Read 15968 times)

Re: Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0 - Celtics Picks
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 04:30:31 PM »

Offline kn 99

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I think if any of the following bigs are there at 18 we get them:
John Henson
Tyler Zeller
Cody Zeller
Meyers Leonard
and obviously T. Robinson or Sullinger if they fall way down
If none of the guys above are there then I would draft Austin Rivers or Terence Ross, In this scenario I would like us to get Fab Melo or Patrick Young with our second pick

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 06:04:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Here is the order of the Mock Draft. Interesting to see a couple favorites of mine in Perry Jones 3 and Jared Sullinger so low.

1)Charlotte - Anthony Davis
2)Washington - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3)New Orleans - Thomas Robinson
4)Portland via NJ - Bradley Beal
5)Toronto - Harrison Barnes
6)Detroit - Andre Drummond
7)Sacramento - James Michael McAdoo
8)Cleveland - Cody Zeller
9) Utah via GS - Damian Lillard
10) Milwaukee - Perry Jones III
11)Portland - Tyler Zeller
12)New Orleans via Minny - Kendall Marshall
13)Phoenix - Jared Sullinger
14)Utah - Jeremy Lamb
15) Houston via NY - John Henson
16)New Jersey via Houston - Quincy Miller
17)Boston - Terrence Jones
18)Denver - Meyers Leonard
19)Atlanta - Toney Wroten Jr.
20)Philly - Andrew Nicholson
21)Houston via Lakers via Dallas - Austin Rivers
22)Memphis - Patric Young
23)Indiana - Terrence Ross
24)Boston via LAC - Arnett Moultrie
25)Orlando - CJ Leslie
26)Celveland via Lakers - Jeff Taylor
27)Golden State via SA - Dion Walters
28)Miami - Draymond Green
29)OKC - Mason Plumlee
30)Chicago - Moe Harkless

That is a very strange looking draft board.

Guessing that is going to change a great deal between now and draft day.

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 12:54:33 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I can't believe Ford has John Henson projected to go 15th.  As much as his offense has grown this season along with his defense remaining at a game-changing level, he deserves to go in the top 5.  He's more deserving of it than Barnes anyway.

Before this year, his offense was so bad that even his great defense couldn't make up for it.  He must have made like three outside jumpers in his first two seasons, his touch around the hoop was erratic and his free throw shooting hovered in the 40s.  From his very first game, he's canned jumpers at a solid rate and his post game looked fluid and effective.  He basically became the player he was projected to be in high school where he was considered a "skilled" player.  He went from a guy who looked like would never average double digit points to someone who could be a double-double with elite shotblocking/shot altering impact.

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
This is NBA's mock draft

They have Austin at 14, from 15 - 20 (Where ever we are) are

Arnett Moultrie (6-10)
Quincy Miller (6-9)
Mayers Leonard (7-0)
Kendell Marshall (6-4)
Terrence Jones (6-9)
Jeffrey Taylor (6-9)

they also had Tyler Zeller at 22 and Fab Melo at 30

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/03/20/mock-draft/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
John Henson
Tyler Zeller
Cody Zeller
Meyers Leonard

I seriously doubt they will still be available at pick 18.  Maybe Leonard, but I don't really like him much.  Questionable motor.

Terrence Ross or Royce White are the two players we need to be looking at with our first pick.  These two seem to have the most NBA ready game of the wings that will be available around pick 15-20.  Terrence Jones is the next Antoine.  I would avoid him.

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 01:24:42 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If Danny drafts for need over talent/potential I will be ticked. Drafting for need is why we haven't had a good rookie in years. We need a big man right now, but next year what we need is young talent, position is pretty much irrelevant.

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Of all the 15 to 30 players I'd like to see one of the Celtics picks used on either Terrence Ross or Moe Harkless.  If Kendall Marshall drops that would also be a wise pick with lots of value going forward.

For 15 to 30 bigs I don't know what to say.  Avoid Zeller and avoid Plumlee I would way.  Some of the big strong PF's from the second round, late first, are going to turn out as valuable as them....

Don't know Fab Melo well but something tells me worth the risk...

Question about Royce White.....how does he look on the break? I would think the fact that he's a good ball handler would mean he'd work well playing up tempo with Rondo....Or, do people see him more as a half-court, hold the ball kind of player?  I'm certainly impressed and cannot understand at the moment why he's not rated higher, anxiety be danged.

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 02:36:52 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I'll be shocked if Rivers stays on the board past us. I'd be thrilled with either Lamb, Marshall or Sullinger.

I think the fact that we can't even get an average to sub average bought out player like Turiaf to sign here is a sign of the times. We need to focus on solidifying our future with some draft picks that will make a difference as early as next season.

In other words, I wouldn't mind seeing JJJ and the Steamer getting extended minutes down the stretch run.

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 10:19:26 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I want nothing to do with Austin Rivers.  Drafting Austin Rivers will not be good for Rondo.  Rivers needs the ball in his hands all the time to be successful, he's a Monta Ellis type player.  That won't fit with Rondo.
do it

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I want nothing to do with Austin Rivers.  Drafting Austin Rivers will not be good for Rondo.  Rivers needs the ball in his hands all the time to be successful, he's a Monta Ellis type player.  That won't fit with Rondo.
Plus I don't think having his father coach him is a good plan.

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'll be shocked if Rivers stays on the board past us. I'd be thrilled with either Lamb, Marshall or Sullinger.

I think the fact that we can't even get an average to sub average bought out player like Turiaf to sign here is a sign of the times. We need to focus on solidifying our future with some draft picks that will make a difference as early as next season.

In other words, I wouldn't mind seeing JJJ and the Steamer getting extended minutes down the stretch run.

I'm not sure how soon Rivers gets picked--or even if he's in this year's draft at all--but I'm with you on playing the young guys and getting a better draft position.  (Might have been good to have sent Ray to the Clips to help keep them out of the lottery too, but too late for that.)

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
John Henson
Tyler Zeller
Cody Zeller
Meyers Leonard
and obviously T. Robinson or Sullinger if they fall way down
If none of the guys above are there then I would draft Austin Rivers or Terence Ross, In this scenario I would like us to get Fab Melo or Patrick Young with our second pick

I'd put Arnett Moultrie in there as well among the big men the C's should look to if available.

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Moultrie would be great he needs some work but could be very good in 2-3 years in the right organization. Guy has gotten better every year which is of course important.

Buuut, we'll probably end up with a couple Giddensesque swingmen and call it a day..

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I'm not sure how soon Rivers gets picked--or even if he's in this year's draft at all--but I'm with you on playing the young guys and getting a better draft position.  (Might have been good to have sent Ray to the Clips to help keep them out of the lottery too, but too late for that.)

From a Chad Ford article published Yesterday:
2. GMs seem to think we have Austin Rivers too low (@ #21). While scouts have generally been down on him all year, a number of NBA GMs told me they had him ranked considerably higher on their boards. One high-level scout told me he had Rivers ranked as a top-five or -six player in the draft.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas

From a Chad Ford article published Yesterday:
2. GMs seem to think we have Austin Rivers too low (@ #21). While scouts have generally been down on him all year, a number of NBA GMs told me they had him ranked considerably higher on their boards. One high-level scout told me he had Rivers ranked as a top-five or -six player in the draft.

If that's so, I imagine he does definitely come out.