Author Topic: What would your picks in the 2012 draft  (Read 23632 times)

Re: What would your picks in the 2012 draft
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2012, 04:18:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog?name=telep_dave&id=6216726

Here's one article, but i thought i remembered a better one.

Do you have Insider? I can't view the entire article.

I'd be VERY careful about overlooking players such as Kyle O'Quinn. He could very well have a bad game today against Florida State (unlikely), but just looking at past talent that's been missed, I'd say he's certainly worth a look.

Just over the last 30 years or so, let's see who's been missed by NBA Teams:

Ben Wallace (Va Union University, Div II)....Terry Davis (again - Va Union University). Paul George. Jeremy Lin. Just to name a few.

We all know about Big Ben - the man is an NBA Champ and a certain HOFer. One of the best defensive bigs to ever play the game.

Terry Davis did not have as prolific a career as Ben, but he was more than serviceable - his best yrs were in DAL where he averaged 13 pts and over 9 rebs.

Paul George? Big miss by some teams. We all know about Linsanity, too.

So..PLEASE don't overlook Kyle O'Quinn. BOS is due to get a gem here soon. He could very well be it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:11:58 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 05:52:51 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
If Doc's still coaching I wouldn't draft anyone

TP....Why bother?

If Royce White falls to us I'd take him in a heartbeat.

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2012, 06:39:25 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Prospects id like with our own Pick;
Austin Rivers (Likely gone), Terrence Ross (Washington), Tony Wroten (Washington), Terrence Jones (KU), Perry Jones III (Baylor).

Clippers Pick;
Mason Plumlee (Duke), Fab Melo (Syracuse), Festus Ezeli (Vanderbilt), Quincy Miller (Baylor).

2nd Round Pick;
William Bufford (Ohio St), Quincy Acy (Baylor), Darius Miller (KU) and Last Robbie Hummel (Purdue) It would be fun to reunite the Purdie Big 3 hahaha!
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2012, 06:58:02 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
C's pick 15-20 range
1)Austin Rivers SG
2)Royce White   SF/PF
3)Terrence Ross SF

Clippers Pick 20-25 range

1) Fab Melo           C
2) Dion Waiters       SG
3) Kendall Marshall   PG

C's second rd pick 15-20
1) Jae Crowder
2) Draymond Green
3) William Bufford

*The C's could also receive a 2nd round pick from the Bucks if it's below # 44 overall

My dream draft would be
c's   pick = Austin Rivers/ Royce White
Clips pick = Fab Melo
C's   2nd rd = Jae Crowder
Bucks 2nd rd = Draymond Green

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2012, 06:59:23 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
In our range, I like Austin Rivers, Quincy Miller, Meyers Leonard, and Terrence Ross with the early picks. Of all those dudes I think Meyers Leonard will go the earliest. Austin Rivers would be my number one not because hes Doc's son but because I really think he has a chance to be a great player.

I would not draft Perry Jones or Andre Drummond as early as projected (niether of whom will be anywhere near our range anyway) Jones due to extreme inconsistency and Drummond due to lack of skill. I think he can end up good but I wouldnt take that risk.

In no way would I ever consider ever draftin Mason Plumlee with either of the first round picks. Just watch some Duke games, he  is completely inept on offense a lot of the time. I just dont think hes that good. His defense and rebounding aernt good enough to overcome that either.

Im not too sure about Terence Jones. I like somethings about him and depending on whos there, I would maybe take him with the later pick.

I would actually consider taking Draymond Green with the 2nd pick depending on who's left. I think he is gonna be a major glue guy and he can do everything. With the 2nd round pick, the Kyle O'Quinn dude looks good and the Kevin Jones kid from West Virginia looks good too, but I doubt he will be there in the 2nd round.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:17:38 PM by ianboyextreme »

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2012, 07:05:06 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
In our range, I like Austin Rivers, Quincy Miller, Meyers Leonard, and Terrence Ross with the early picks. Of all those dudes I think Meyers Leonard will go the earliest. Austin Rivers would be my number one not because hes Doc's son but because I really think he has a chance to be a great player.

I would not draft Perry Jones or Andre Drummond as early as projected (niether of whom will be anywhere near our range anyway) Jones due to extreme inconsistency and Drummond due to lack of skill. I think he can end up good but I wouldnt take that risk.

Im not too sure about Terence Jones. I like somethings about him and depending on whos there, I would maybe take him with the later pick.

I would actually consider taking Draymond Green with the 2nd pick depending on who's left. I think he is gonna be a major glue guy and he can do everything. With the 2nd pick, the Kyle O'Quinn looks good and the Kevin Jones kid from West Virginia looks good too, but I doubt he will be there in the 2nd round.

agree with everything you said Perry Jones and Drummond look like busts to me , they are just so big and athletic that people hype them up, they will be out of our range anyways

Would love Draymond Green in the 2nd round, he reminds me of Boris Diaw alot, would be great to have a point forward coming off the bench ,especially to team up with Bradley so Bradley can play lock down D and not have to worry about running the offense every time down the floor( though he is getting better at it )

Also would love Jae Crowder in the second round, he is a great rebounder from the sf spot and is also a great energy guy , very good defender and has 3 point range .

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I like Fab Melo with one of the first round picks. Not sure who I want with the other one.

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

I would actually consider taking Draymond Green with the 2nd pick depending on who's left. I think he is gonna be a major glue guy and he can do everything. With the 2nd pick, the Kyle O'Quinn looks good and the Kevin Jones kid from West Virginia looks good too, but I doubt he will be there in the 2nd round.

agree with everything you said Perry Jones and Drummond look like busts to me , they are just so big and athletic that people hype them up, they will be out of our range anyways

Would love Draymond Green in the 2nd round, he reminds me of Boris Diaw alot, would be great to have a point forward coming off the bench ,especially to team up with Bradley so Bradley can play lock down D and not have to worry about running the offense every time down the floor( though he is getting better at it )

Also would love Jae Crowder in the second round, he is a great rebounder from the sf spot and is also a great energy guy , very good defender and has 3 point range .
I love the point about Draymond playing point foward while Avery plays D. That would be real nice. I dont know anything about Crowder. Where does he play?

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2012, 07:20:02 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

I love the point about Draymond playing point foward while Avery plays D. That would be real nice. I dont know anything about Crowder. Where does he play?
Oh right I know Jay Crowder. The dread guy. I always think hes Kenneth Faried whenever I see him. Yeah hes another possible guy in the 2nd round. Basically I think the first pick should go to getting a guy who can be either our future starting SG or center. After that I would look for rebounding and good team guys like Draymond Green. I REALLY like Draymond Green lol.

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2012, 07:56:05 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
C's pick 15-20 range
1)Austin Rivers SG
2)Royce White   SF/PF
3)Terrence Ross SF

1) Fab Melo           C
2) Dion Waiters       SG
3) Kendall Marshall   PG

C's second rd pick 15-20
1) Jae Crowder
2) Draymond Green
3) William Bufford

*The C's could also receive a 2nd round pick from the Bucks if it's below # 44 overall

My dream draft would be
Clips pick = Fab Melo

Definitely with you on Melo. Think he can be a DeAndre Jordan type in about 2 years.

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2012, 08:17:57 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
C's pick 15-20 range
1)Austin Rivers SG
2)Royce White   SF/PF
3)Terrence Ross SF

1) Fab Melo           C
2) Dion Waiters       SG
3) Kendall Marshall   PG

C's second rd pick 15-20
1) Jae Crowder
2) Draymond Green
3) William Bufford

My dream draft would be
Clips pick = Fab Melo

Do you think Royce White will be picked that high? I haven't seen him in that range for mock drafts.

What is the deal with the Bucks second round pick? I didn't see it mentioned on the nbadraft.net list of trades.

Here is my list
Celtics pick:
1. Austin Rivers
2. Leonard Myers
3. Terrence Jones

LAC Pick
1. Patric Young
2. Mason Plumlee
3. Fab Melo
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2012, 09:06:50 PM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
the thing that struck me about Royce White is that he guarded Anthony Davis easily, handled the ball most of the time, posted up and pretty much bossed Terrence Jones.

As said elsewhere he played against a lottery talent front court yet was pretty much unstoppable in iso.

Even given his anxiety disorder I would take him first.

He is a generational talent from what I have seen. You recognise these players in a heartbeat. Players like Barnes, Jones, Sullinger etc dont give that feel at all.

23 pts 9rebounds, 4 assists. and most of his passes were not converted into easy scores by mediocre finishing.

you dont pass up on potential superstars.

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2012, 09:09:50 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
the thing that struck me about Royce White is that he guarded Anthony Davis easily, handled the ball most of the time, posted up and pretty much bossed Terrence Jones.

As said elsewhere he played against a lottery talent front court yet was pretty much unstoppable in iso.

Even given his anxiety disorder I would take him first.

He is a generational talent from what I have seen. You recognise these players in a heartbeat. Players like Barnes, Jones, Sullinger etc dont give that feel at all.

23 pts 9rebounds, 4 assists. and most of his passes were not converted into easy scores by mediocre finishing.

you dont pass up on potential superstars.
After watching him yesterday I agree completely. Is he entering the draft for sure? I would think he would be a lottery pick for sure if he does.

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2012, 01:12:11 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Quincy acy from Baylor would be a good second round pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2012, 01:56:35 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
tyler zeller just had a 20/20+... he's just what the celts need if we can snatch him around 15