Poll

Are we tanking this season?

Yes
41 (44.1%)
No
52 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Are we tanking this year?  (Read 38945 times)

Re: Are we tanking this year?
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2014, 06:52:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
No, and judging by Rondo's comments on front page of Blog sounds like he's very positive about our team and coach and direction we're going in.

Time to start filtering out the noise from media sources that are always clamoring for him to be traded or whatever.

He sounds like he is ready to compete with his teammates and win most of their games, like I expect BOS to do this year.
I am really surprised with the reactions Rondo's comments generated. Did anyone expect him to come out and say "Playing in a re-building team sucks. I want to be traded to the Knicks now."? Saying that he likes BOS and Stevens is elementary professionalism and PR.
The trade with the Nets, the six-year contract of Stevens, the amount of playing time the young talents get, and the ease with which we trade everyone but our young players, all suggest this team is about developing talent rather than winning games. It is hard to see a place for Rondo in such a team.

Step back from the cliff, for a moment...go ahead, it's ok - trust me.

We've all been cynical before. Lol I've been in that state about my Washington Redskins for the last several years.

But maybe - just maybe - Rondo is telling the truth, here?

Why do BOS fans always try to read more into something that is not there? Why can't we just take Rondo's word for "Just Once"?

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
No, and judging by Rondo's comments on front page of Blog sounds like he's very positive about our team and coach and direction we're going in.

Time to start filtering out the noise from media sources that are always clamoring for him to be traded or whatever.

He sounds like he is ready to compete with his teammates and win most of their games, like I expect BOS to do this year.
I am really surprised with the reactions Rondo's comments generated. Did anyone expect him to come out and say "Playing in a re-building team sucks. I want to be traded to the Knicks now."? Saying that he likes BOS and Stevens is elementary professionalism and PR.
The trade with the Nets, the six-year contract of Stevens, the amount of playing time the young talents get, and the ease with which we trade everyone but our young players, all suggest this team is about developing talent rather than winning games. It is hard to see a place for Rondo in such a team.

We've all been cynical before. Lol I've been in that state about my Washington Redskins for the last several years.

Why do BOS fans always try to read more into something that is not there? Why can't we just take Rondo's word for "Just Once"?
TP for the cliff thing  ;D
Seriously now, these statements mean nothing more than Rondo is a good professional. Maybe he wants to stay, maybe he wants to leave, but this is what an intelligent person would say anyway. It's like the 'it's not you, it's me' routine of George Costanza. It's an attitude rather than a T or F statement.
In any case, the decision is mostly Ainge's. And everything Ainge has been doing the last couple of years indicates he takes the rebuilding very seriously, and is committed to a long term overhaul.

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2014, 07:09:04 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Right now, I can hear a girl  shouting to a guy 'How dare you tell this to me?'
Apparently, a poor Greek neighbour has not been diplomatic enough in managing his break up.

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2014, 07:13:26 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
If we waive Bynum, that indicates to me we are "developing our youth" which translates to WE ARE TANKING!!!!!!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Apparently, a poor Greek neighbour has not been diplomatic enough in managing his break up.

Maybe he should tell her he's just trying to maintain future flexibility.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Seriously now, these statements mean nothing more than Rondo is a good professional. Maybe he wants to stay, maybe he wants to leave, but this is what an intelligent person would say anyway. It's like the 'it's not you, it's me' routine of George Costanza. It's an attitude rather than a T or F statement.
In any case, the decision is mostly Ainge's. And everything Ainge has been doing the last couple of years indicates he takes the rebuilding very seriously, and is committed to a long term overhaul.

But I think we must be careful to not pidgeon-hole Danny, here. He is a Gambler, as I've read one poster call him on here (Kudos to ThaPreacher, I believe :))

Danny cashed in his chips quite well in 2007. And I think he is more committed to getting BOS back to contention. This is Title Town, here.

His "commitment" could be in the form of him answering LaMarcus' Agent's and/or Marc Gasol's agent phones and getting a verbal commitment from those two (or maybe a different combo of stars) to come to BOS.

I think that "Long Term commitment" that you spoke of would go out the window very quickly if that opportunity presented itself. Rondo-LaMarcus-Marc Gasol would contend quite well for 3-5 years.

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2014, 07:18:32 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

Maybe he should tell her he's just trying to maintain future flexibility.
That's the Celtics spirit!

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
If we waive Bynum, that indicates to me we are "developing our youth" which translates to WE ARE TANKING!!!!!!!!!

Smitty77
If we do not waive Bynum, we will have collected all four point guards in the NBA who cannot shoot 3ps, which translates to "we are a bunch of idiots". I prefer tanking.

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
To add to my last post - I'd hope (and expect) Danny to keep his eyes open and ALL options on the table.

As great as LeBron is - his window in MIA was just 4 years. He went to 4 finals, winning 2. This could've EASILY been our own BOS, minus KG's and perhaps Rondo's injury.

I just don't see us hitting a home run with a Karl Towns or whomever. The window for most Championships is 3-5 years.

I'm venturing a guess that Danny would flip Karl Towns or Okafor for LaMarcus and Gasol VERY quickly.

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2014, 07:26:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Smitty77
If we do not waive Bynum, we will have collected all four point guards in the NBA who cannot shoot 3ps, which translates to "we are a bunch of idiots". I prefer tanking.

But the supposedly best PG in the game CAN shoot 3's but hasn't won a Banner....and probably won't come out of the West, this year or even next.

What's our fixation on PG's shooting 3's?

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2014, 07:33:15 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

But I think we must be careful to not pidgeon-hole Danny, here. He is a Gambler, as I've read one poster call him on here (Kudos to ThaPreacher, I believe :))

Danny cashed in his chips quite well in 2007. And I think he is more committed to getting BOS back to contention. This is Title Town, here.

His "commitment" could be in the form of him answering LaMarcus' Agent's and/or Marc Gasol's agent phones and getting a verbal commitment from those two (or maybe a different combo of stars) to come to BOS.

I think that "Long Term commitment" that you spoke of would go out the window very quickly if that opportunity presented itself. Rondo-LaMarcus-Marc Gasol would contend quite well for 3-5 years.
What about Rondo-Anthony-Gasol?
Methinks these three could play some triangle offence.

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2014, 07:38:25 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

What about Rondo-Anthony-Gasol?
Methinks these three could play some triangle offence.

Haha, and for all that supposed "Zen" he was out-coached by none other than our own Doc Rivers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpxtiQZiK2c

And probably would've been out-coached AGAIN in 09-10 if it weren't for Dancing Joey and the Curious 4th Quarter Officiating Malaise.

Not bothered by your suggestion of Rondo leaving for NY, lol. It's cute, though.

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2014, 07:39:33 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

Smitty77

But the supposedly best PG in the game CAN shoot 3's but hasn't won a Banner....and probably won't come out of the West, this year or even next.

What's our fixation on PG's shooting 3's?
No, I am not saying that unless a PG can shoot 3's he is not good- Rondo has definitively proved you can be an elite PG without 3's. The point is that given the position he plays and his skills (let alone his age) Bynum is redundant in this team. He' ll be waived.
PS If you are talking about CP3, I think this will be his season. IMHO the Clippers will have a monster year.

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2014, 07:44:12 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Haha, and for all that supposed "Zen" he was out-coached by none other than our own Doc Rivers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpxtiQZiK2c

And probably would've been out-coached AGAIN in 09-10 if it weren't for Dancing Joey and the Curious 4th Quarter Officiating Malaise.

Not bothered by your suggestion of Rondo leaving for NY, lol. It's cute, though.
Thanks for the vid. Much as I respect him, there is no other coach (except perhaps Obradovic) that gets on my nerves as much as Jackson.
Having said this, I do not think there is a realistic chance of Marc Gasol or Aldridge coming to Boston.

« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
By looking at the roster I'd say so