Author Topic: Sad state of affairs  (Read 14167 times)

Re: Sad state of affairs
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2015, 05:07:50 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
? WHAT I SAID IS TRUE
NO NEED TO MAKE UNCONNECTED STATEMENT

KEEP DEFENDING DANNY

CELTICS A CELLAR TEAM FOR AT LEAST 5 MORE YEARS.

WHY DID DANNY TRADE ED MCCAULEY?

HE SHOULD HAVE RETIRED A CELTIC

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2015, 07:37:25 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
? WHAT I SAID IS TRUE
NO NEED TO MAKE UNCONNECTED STATEMENT

KEEP DEFENDING DANNY

CELTICS A CELLAR TEAM FOR AT LEAST 5 MORE YEARS.

Tell us all WHO was going to sign here to play with Rondo? Who?  Come on, give us some names..

Bottom line is NOBODY was coming here as a Free Agent. Not to mention Rondo did not want to be here. You think Jackie Mac was wrong? She had it right!

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2015, 07:49:29 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733

The problem is Danny doesn't seem to have a clue what he wants to do.  It's like he's scatterbrain right now. He needs to check himself into a roadside motel out in the desert somewhere in Arizona with just him and his thoughts and ask himself "What am I doing?"  It appears he's doing so much with all the trades, chatter, rumors, acquiring picks etc when in reality we're sinking in quicksand.  That's not "I want what I want" that's GET A PLAN AND STICK WITH IT!
[/quote]

That has always been Danny's problem.

He has been changing his mind midstream and compulsively making personnel moves for years now - it's almost like he's addicted to the action on the phone and in the war room on draft day and at the draft deadline.

Have you forgotten all the scatter-brain moves he made before Garnett and Allen worked out ? After the title in 2008, he continued to make decisions that slowly eroded the chemistry and strengths that made that title possible.

*Never should have let Posey walk.
*Lying to the most loyal fans in basketball about KG's health to sell a few playoff tickets.
*Signing Rashheed - the anti-Celtic who destroyed morale and almost became a hero. almost.
*Insulting one player after another by openly shopping them around the league.
*Ray Allen finally calling his bluff.
*And the coupe de grace - trading away Banner 18 to Oklahoma City.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2015, 08:15:40 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
As a lifelong Celtics fan (51 yrs) it's hard to sit back and watch what's going on with this team.  I am one to always try to see the positive, but I can honestly say this is the first time I can't find any.  If you want to count 37 #1 draft picks as a positive then Ok, but even in 2007 when we lost 18 straight, there was still reason for optimism because we had a young budding superstar in Al Jeff and even Rondo, although it wasn't obvious then how good Rondo would be. We also had a cornerstone in all-star PP so I had at least a little hope that things would soon turn around. THIS train wreck of a team that Danny has put together...how the heck do we go from championship contender to this? I know our superstars were aging, but seriously this is the best Danny could do? Teams are adding productive pieces left and right and we trade for bodies just to release or trade again! We have nothing that even resembles 'star' talent much less superstar talent.  We have a coach who thinks what worked in college is going to work in the big leagues, which it wont. Totally different managing kids with no money that are trying to get to the next level then it is managing superstars that's getting direct deposits each week that's more than most of us make in a year! A supposed star that sulks, an overweight PF that shoots threes, a guard drafted at 6 to replace our superstar guard who doesn't know how to drive to the basket and settles for jumpers all game, a 6'3 2-guard who thinks he's Ray Allen, an outcast who was tossed into the starting point guard position because we have no one better, a 4 with a good shot and decent low post moves that's scared to shoot the ball and a center who was a backup at best as our most productive player. Just plain pathetic.

Forgive me, I'm just tired of this crap. We are the BOSTON CELTICS, a STAPLE in this league...The house that RED built and we're being laughed at by Raptor fans?

How did it get to this? SMDH....See you tonight at Indiana (waves and walks away with head down and hands in pockets)
I am right there with you. PATIENCE
and remember, the guard dies but NEVER surrenders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvIZ92EQ074