Author Topic: Has anyone written about possible FA signings?  (Read 4455 times)

Re: Has anyone written about possible FA signings?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 12:01:04 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
forget 2015 Free Agency... give Stevens and the kids another season to develop and wait for the 2016 trade deadline and Free Agency.

Get another 2-year contract (Eric Gordon+1st for Bass+Thornton) and keep him and Wallace until the 2016 trade deadline. Those expirings could be very valuable if a disgruntled star is available for the Cs.

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 12:04:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Use cap space in trade. Better use of it than to overpay to outbid other teams.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If your thinking of keeping KO and Sullinger as your starting power forward tandem, you better find a center that can really defend, and protect the rim, because both of these guys can not.

If possible Omer Asik would be a nice fit, and he seems like he would be attainable. If you chose to go after a FA power forward that can defend well and score a bit, thats a different story.

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 03:03:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would love to be able to package a bunch of our picks with Thornton's expiring for Calderon (contract runs until 2017) and their 1st rd pick this year. The Knicks are going to be desperate to shed that contract and we have the assets to do it and get them plenty of picks (LAC pick this season is a must) in return.

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 04:04:21 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I would love to be able to package a bunch of our picks with Thornton's expiring for Calderon (contract runs until 2017) and their 1st rd pick this year. The Knicks are going to be desperate to shed that contract and we have the assets to do it and get them plenty of picks (LAC pick this season is a must) in return.

I don't think they would give up their first, they are clearly tanking for Okafor.  I don't think Phil is in the rush that the media thinks he is, and he would gladly build around Okafor like the Knicks did before with Ewing. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby