Author Topic: Celtics (3-0) at Sixers (0-3) Round 2 Game 4 5/7/18  (Read 56891 times)

Re: Celtics (3-0) at Sixers (0-3) Round 2 Game 4 5/7/18
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 12:04:53 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The Progress > The Process

Finish it off tonight.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 01:16:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
hum....

seems the 3 wins does not registar with the odds makers .   

Celtics seem to be 6 point underdogs once again.

Smart doesn't care .   Just keep giving dumb boy Simmons the KG treatment . 

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Winning this just got tougher.   Scott Foster and Tony Brothers along with Sean Corbin are the refs tonight.  I guess the odds makers saw the ref assignments. 

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2018, 02:12:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Winning this just got tougher.   Scott Foster and Tony Brothers along with Sean Corbin are the refs tonight.  I guess the odds makers saw the ref assignments.

Being a Boston fan ....i just don't expect any help from refs ......usually its the opposite goes with the Territory...

although a CBS vs Club Bron will make for a SUPER TV , package ......rating should go sky high.

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 02:12:37 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570

Sorry but that is the significance of these refs? Serious question. I truly have no idea who they are.

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 02:19:26 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I'm still not very comfortable with this series despite being up 3-0, and I hope the team isn't either.  The series isn't over until we win a fourth game, and nobody is going to give it to us; we have to go take it. 

I want to see some killer instinct from Al and the kids.  Would also be a great time for Morris to get hot again.  Don't give the Sixers any reason to believe in themselves. 

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 02:19:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Sorry but that is the significance of these refs? Serious question. I truly have no idea who they are.
There is none, except for folks that are convinced there should be a fix.

Scott Foster is just a poor official, as far as I am concerned -- but that doesn't really benefit one team over the other.  No problems with Brothers, and I don't remember Corbin one way or the other.

Also, if Tony Brothers grew some hair, he'd look exactly like Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 02:34:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
CBS 0-7 in playoffs going against these two refs .

maybe he can finally throw the  jinx ....of Adam Silver  ;D

CBS might not know this ...but i guarantee you DA knows his foes

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Anybody know how Jaylen's hammy is? I know he's played and all, just wondering if there's any indication that it's sort of just sore and still bothering him, or if it's improved despite him playing through it.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 02:57:37 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Looking forward to this game! Would love to shock world again tonight and get our players some rest. Important not to let Lebron recharge too much and Brown needs to rest that hammie- did not see him exploding last game as normal.

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2018, 03:03:46 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston hasn't gotten any favors on the road from any of the officials this playoff run. Why should tonight be any different?

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2018, 03:07:43 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!

Scott Foster and Tony Brothers are among the worst refs in the league.   They often officiate with an agenda, whether league initiated or of their own preferences.   I don't necessarily think it's an agenda against the Celtics because at times they have given the Celtics the benefit of the calls.

Foster was one of the refs who called Game 7 of the 2010 finals where in the 4th quarter the Lakers took 21 free throws to 6 for the Celtics after calling the game fairly evenly in the first 3 quarters.  I've always thought that was a conscious effort to keep Rasheed Wallace (notable referee hater and baiter) from getting a ring. 

Tim Donaghey called both refs out for being company men and said if the league wanted their agenda carried out, those would be two that they would use to do it.  The Celtics have lost their last 7 playoff games called by Brothers. 

Foster was voted the worst referee in the league by players and coaches in an LA Times article.  Here are a couple of comments about Foster from that article:

"He had one of our playoff games and as soon as he walked in, I was like, 'This game is over.' We all knew we were going to get bad calls, and we did," said one veteran player. "You couldn't say anything to him. Hell, I don't think you could even look at him."

"You can't talk to him. He's never wrong," one player complained about Foster. "I like refs where they say, 'You know what, I made a mistake. I saw it at halftime. You were right.' But Scott Foster thinks he never makes a mistake."

He is a homer ref with a home w/l record of    42-25.   I just think both of these refs are bad and at times they call games with an agenda.   

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2018, 03:08:31 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I'm still not very comfortable with this series despite being up 3-0, and I hope the team isn't either.  The series isn't over until we win a fourth game, and nobody is going to give it to us; we have to go take it. 

I want to see some killer instinct from Al and the kids.  Would also be a great time for Morris to get hot again.  Don't give the Sixers any reason to believe in themselves.

Kinda reminds me of the 2010 Orlando Magic series. Up 3-0, and then we lost an overtime game at the Garden. And then Dwight Howard gave Big Baby a concussion and took him out in Game 5. That was when I started panicking being up 3-2 and we needed to close it out in six games.

Please just close this out tonight. I don't want a Game 5 or coming back to Philly again.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2018, 03:09:43 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Anybody know how Jaylen's hammy is? I know he's played and all, just wondering if there's any indication that it's sort of just sore and still bothering him, or if it's improved despite him playing through it.
Brad Stevens said he was looking better after Game 3 and that he thinks that Brown is doing better in spite of playing.  He didn't practice with the team yesterday but Stevens said he was feeling good after playing 29 minutes in Game 3. 

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2018, 03:11:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

That is news that will massively swing the betting line.