Author Topic: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)  (Read 13367 times)

Re: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2018, 02:05:35 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well said. I'm disappointed in some of the comments here. IT doesn't strike me as feeling he's entitled. IT also helped speed up the Cs rebuilding process dramatically.
Except for the whole brinks truck yapping. And the yapping about the trade. And the freaking video with a dramatization of the moment he learned that he got traded. There's enough choice there of things that can rub people the wrong way.

The fact is, whether it was prompted by the media or not, he didn't really have to talk about his contract. "All I care about is playing and winning the next game," is a perfectly fine boilerplate answer which can be trotted out every time. Just ask someone on the Patriots.

Not to mention that if he really really wanted to stay, I'm sure there was an arrangement to be made where he wouldn't look to milk every last dollar from the team. Paul Pierce gave the Celtics a hometown discount twice (once in 2006, when he extended before hitting free agency, and once again in 2010). I've had just about enough of IT's moaning by now, and insulting fans on twitter just about puts the cherry on top of the cake. Good riddance.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2018, 02:57:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I agree wholeheartedly with his decision to change his debut date and ask for the tribute to be changed to that date.

He wants to actually be PLAYING in the tribute game. Not his fault that the Paul Pierce retirement is the same date and I don't believe he is doing this to slight PP OR BOS...

That is not him.

I also agree with CLE's decision to SIT him last night. Dude would've went all out on a back-back night, against US, which would've been a risk.

Isaiah will have plenty more opportunities to kick our keesters in the future and he knows this.

I love the guy.

Signed - Diehard Celtics Fan.

That's all well and good, except you have to really be naive to think IT wasn't aware the next time he comes to Boston is "Pierce Night". Quite frankly, I do believe it was intentional. He's putting Ainge in a difficult spot.

It would be completely disrespectful to Pierce to make him have to share HIS night with IT. That's not right, and if it happens I will be furious.

So I guess IT can wait until next year, or maybe the playoffs, to get his video tribute.

« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2018, 03:02:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Who cares if IT gets a 3 minute tribute on Paul Pierce night?  I love IT, but there’s no way he’s overshadowing The Captain. I doubt Pierce is so insecure.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2018, 03:03:48 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
I agree wholeheartedly with his decision to change his debut date and ask for the tribute to be changed to that date.

He wants to actually be PLAYING in the tribute game. Not his fault that the Paul Pierce retirement is the same date and I don't believe he is doing this to slight PP OR BOS...

That is not him.

I also agree with CLE's decision to SIT him last night. Dude would've went all out on a back-back night, against US, which would've been a risk.

Isaiah will have plenty more opportunities to kick our keesters in the future and he knows this.

I love the guy.

That's all well and good, except you have to really be naive to think IT wasn't aware the next time he comes to Boston is "Pierce Night". Quite frankly, I do believe it was intentional. He's putting Ainge in a difficult spot.

It would be completely disrespectful to Pierce to make him have to share HIS night with IT. That's not right, and if it happens I will be furious.

So I guess IT can wait until next year, or maybe the playoffs, to get his video tribute.

At this point its up the fans to declare that its not acceptable.  He didn't restore Celtic pride.  KG did that, Paul did that.  Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge, and the haul from the KG and PP trade (that they agreed to for the sake of the franchise) brought back the rebuild, he was a piece. He has, for me, overextended his good will.  I'm done with this guy....

« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2018, 03:05:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Who cares if IT gets a 3 minute tribute on Paul Pierce night?  I love IT, but there’s no way he’s overshadowing The Captain. I doubt Pierce is so insecure.
Who cares if IT gets a video tribute at all?  I mean seriously IT played 179 games for the C's.  This video tribute nonsense is getting ridiculous.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2018, 03:10:52 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Who cares if IT gets a video tribute at all?  I mean seriously IT played 179 games for the C's.  This video tribute nonsense is getting ridiculous.

I guess the real truth is once Paul gets his multitude of ovations, Isiah and his family will understand how incredibly small a piece of the Celtics history and tradition he really is.

« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2018, 03:11:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

True. I don’t think they’re a big deal, so I don’t get why anybody is getting upset. Does anybody even remember these tributes a week later?

Every night for the rest of their respective lives, Paul Pierce will mean more to this franchise than IT. One video isn’t going to change that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2018, 03:20:28 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Wouldn’t it be funny/ironic if IT rolls an ankle or something minor in Atlanta on Feb 9 and misses the game in Boston?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2018, 03:21:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

That is not him.

I love the guy.

Why should Ainge care about what IT wants? Play the tribute today and get it over with. If IT doesn't want to acknowledge the crowd, that's on him. It's a video tribute for someone who played 2 seasons and change for us, not a freaking Hall of Fame induction.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I'd be furious if it's more than a minute. Well, maybe a minute and 30 seconds together with the ovation.

« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
None of this stuff is a big deal, but IT is getting more and more annoying with each passing day.

Its not surprising. He builds his whole identity on me against the world etc etc. Hes got a mega chip on his shoulder and an inflated ego.

It was awesome when he was here, but now hes gone and the Celtics are part of 'the world' that IT is against. Now he wants the spotlight so he can stick it to us. He wants everything to be perfect while he basks in his adoration and then "puts on a show" to send a message of F you to Danny Ainge and the rest of his doubters.

The Brinks stuff was annoying, the brinks sandals were annoying, the ripping on Danny Ainge was annoying, suggesting the Celtics medical staff lied to him was annoying, and now him demanding that his tribute be moved is once more annoying.

He's still IT and I still love him. Hes not any different from the guy he was when he was here, but I really just wish he would shut up. Would make it easier to think of all the awesome stuff he did when he was here.

When someone mentions IT I dont want the first thing I think of to be all this bogus drama hes caused since getting traded.

Same with Jae. I want to remember Jae for helping turn the team around, for his play that made him a fan favorite. Instead Im starting to think of Jae as the thin-skinned guy who chose his own fanbase as his source of motivation.

It sucks. Those guys were awesome.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2018, 04:09:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IT4 is hilarious

He could have easily dressed tonight, got to see his tribute and be done with it

now the city has to wait another month, bc his family won't be able to attend?

« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2018, 04:13:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

True. I don’t think they’re a big deal, so I don’t get why anybody is getting upset. Does anybody even remember these tributes a week later?

Every night for the rest of their respective lives, Paul Pierce will mean more to this franchise than IT. One video isn’t going to change that.

bc the saga continues ... don't you just want to be done with IT4 already?

And isnt Paul Pierce jersey retirement night on Feb 11th?

thats even worse

« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2018, 04:37:36 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Figured I would give my IT thoughts in this thread.  IT embraced every aspect of being in Boston and it obviously crushed him when he was traded.  His immaturity has been annoying but I choose to look past that.  I can appreciate the fact that he genuinely cares this much.  When all is said and done I will remember IT for being a catalyst in our recent rise as a contender.  The 4th quarters, playing through his sisters death, 10+ hours in a dentists chair, etc. will never go away.  His recent comments will be a minor blip on the radar.   

« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2018, 04:41:17 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
IT4 is hilarious

He could have easily dressed tonight, got to see his tribute and be done with it

now the city has to wait another month, bc his family won't be able to attend?
Celtics supposedly offered to fly his family out for the game for whatever that is worth.