Author Topic: "Blow it up" trade idea  (Read 3415 times)

"Blow it up" trade idea
« on: February 02, 2013, 05:16:45 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Boston gets
Deandre Jordan
Eric Bledose
Lamar Odom
Chauncey Billups

Clippers get
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce

Clippers really push all the chips in and go for it. I have to imagine LA becomes a pretty heavy favorite in the west with this move.

For Boston, We drop out of the playoff race and have a top 10 pick ... Gain experience with our young players... A healthy rondo.... A center that can guard the paint and finishes well ( has a chance to be a Tyson chandler type player) ... And cap room to go after big Al or josh smith

WHY NOT!?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: "Blow it up" trade idea
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 05:19:31 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Good trade imo, I would definitely do it. Get a young backup pg for rondo who could replace him if we trade him. Get a young super athletic , defensive center, and expiring contracts

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 05:20:09 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Not good at all
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 05:22:58 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 05:30:07 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Id rather have someone like Matt Barnes (even though i hate him) than chauncey billups in the trade. Billups is done i believe He would be a fantastic leader and sure he has already been here before. But by getting barnes you have a  solid rotation 3 that is a good defender, rebounds wells and can shoot a 3 and attack the basket that can back up jeff

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 05:31:52 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Id rather have someone like Matt Barnes (even though i hate him) than chauncey billups in the trade. Billups is done i believe He would be a fantastic leader and sure he has already been here before. But by getting barnes you have a  solid rotation 3 that is a good defender, rebounds wells and can shoot a 3 and attack the basket that can back up jeff

why would it matter? we wouldn't be contenders either way. Barnes is a scumbag

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
And cap room to go after big Al or josh smith

The Celtics would probably still be over the cap for next season if they did this trade.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:44:04 PM by LooseCannon »
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 05:52:44 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

why would it matter? we wouldn't be contenders either way. Barnes is a scumbag

I agree with you that he is a scumbag, hence why i said i dont like him. Until the steimer thing he had actually handled himself pretty well this year. then he shoved his forearm into steimers throat

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Not a good enough blow it up trade.  No real guy that you could potentially build around.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 07:12:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Although unrealistic, great blow it up idea. KG might be in on that which is key to any blow it up idea. We get one outstanding asset and a top five starting Center for years to come, and Bledsoe at a time when we could really use PG help.

The Clippers get the best chance they will ever have at getting one ot even two rings.

Garnett
 Blake Griffon
 Pierce
 Jamal Crawford
 Chris Paul

Caron Butler, Barnes, G Hill, and we throw in J Collins

That team is the perfect balance of young and veteran.

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
A real blow up would entail dumping Paul and KG for picks and expiring contracts, tanking for real, and being very bad for a couple of years. Rebuilding would be around Rondo or a very lucky pick. With your trade we aren't bad enough to really tank, nor good enough to reload from it.

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 01:43:42 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
A real blow up would entail dumping Paul and KG for picks and expiring contracts, tanking for real, and being very bad for a couple of years. Rebuilding would be around Rondo or a very lucky pick. With your trade we aren't bad enough to really tank, nor good enough to reload from it.
exactly just two young guys neither is ever going to be a star and one can leave this summer.

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 02:03:27 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Not a good enough blow it up trade.  No real guy that you could potentially build around.

We're not getting a "build around" player in a blow up trade.

Rather, we're getting some useful parts, more cap flexibility, and a clear direction moving forward rather than being in this "win now or make moves for the future?" limbo that we're in right now.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

We're not getting a "build around" player in a blow up trade.

Rather, we're getting some useful parts, more cap flexibility, and a clear direction moving forward rather than being in this "win now or make moves for the future?" limbo that we're in right now.
it doesn't provide more cap flexibility nor does it provide a clear direction going forward.  It isn't a good blow it up trade.  To be one of those you need multiple assets and at least a shot that one of may be a build around player.

That trade makes Boston worse and doesn't do much for the future.  Thus, it serves no purpose at all.

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 06:35:13 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I'm against "blowing it up" right now, but if you want my idea of really blowing it up then....

Trade Pierce, KG and Rondo too (although his trade value is probably about as low as it would ever be.

Pierce to Chicago. Chicago has to give up Jimmy Butler, a passel of picks starting with the Charlotte pick they own and including two unprotected future 1st's, and an expiring contract (Hamilton's maybe).  Chicago gets much better and has an even better chance to beating the Heat this year and they don't get worse long term with the expiring Pierce.

KG to OKC. OKC gives up Ibaka, the Raptor's pick they own, either their 2013 or their 2014's 1st (Danny's option), and two of Lamb, Liggins, Jones (Danny's option) and an expiring contract to match salaries. OKC gets better because KG gives them everything Ibaka does, and more, and none of Lamb, Liggins or Jones is in their rotation.

Rondo goes to whoever will return the best package of picks, youth and expirings.

Anybody that Danny hasn't selected as core to the next Championship run goes out for whatever he can get. Maybe everybody but Sully and Bradley. Maybe Green stays, maybe not.

IAC, Chicago and OKC emerge as the favorites to meet in the Finals and one of Pierce and KG goes out with another ring. Neither is hurt much long term and both Pierce and KG might even stick around for another year with those teams.

The Celtics become a very, very, bad team in the short run, but get a young vet in Ibaka and one or two good young players in Butler, Lamb/Liggins/Jones (and if it's Jones the Sully vs Jones debate can take a different turn). They also get 2 or 3 1st round picks in 2013 and another 2 or 3 in 2014, not including their own...which should be lottery both years. The C's now tank with a vengeance for the next two years, and Danny tries to get his next super star out of the draft...or by trading youth and picks.

That's blowing it up!