Author Topic: Eminem - Relapse  (Read 13687 times)

Re: Eminem - Relapse
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
i really like this album. it isnt a classic, but it is good and reminiscent of his early stuff (which is also his best stuff)

ok, i need to update this.  i listened to the entire album about 5 times now from start to finish.  this album is dope!!!  i highly recommend.  not a classic, but very refreshing from alot of the garbage that has come out the last couple yrs

I need to co-sign this... I need bump this album up here too.

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I guess I'll be the first to say it. I really can't stand this album. These new voices em is using are killing the songs. The beats are pretty good but most of the credit for that goes to dre. Bagpipes from Baghdad's beat is sick but the voice and subject kill the song. I'll stick to just listening to his old stuff. I can't believe people are comparing this to his old stuff. All I can hear is namedropping and annoying voices. Sorry everyone.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 09:45:16 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
It's alright. Obviously not as good as his old albums. It is better than Encore, though.

I'm just excited for Lupe's ALBUMS. I heard he's releasing 3 albums, all 6 months apart. That should be awesome. I'm expecting one of them to be a classic Hip-Hop album.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 09:50:57 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
It's alright. Obviously not as good as his old albums. It is better than Encore, though.

I'm just excited for Lupe's ALBUMS. I heard he's releasing 3 albums, all 6 months apart. That should be awesome. I'm expecting one of them to be a classic Hip-Hop album.

You Too. I'm a huge Lupe fan.

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
i actually got the eminem Cd...it's pretty good but not for everyone if you never liked him you would not him even more...but if liked he's earlier stuff..you will be feeling it..favorite tracks are stay wide awake..the flow is crazy on that song...i like my mom...and the nick cannon diss track..

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 10:10:40 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

You Too. I'm a huge Lupe fan.

I am a huge Lupe fan, also. I think he brings something unique that we all have never heard before. His lyrics are very clever and he has a message behind every song. A great rapper and storyteller. Very underrated as well.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 10:19:20 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

Amen to Lupe Fiasco's future albums... I also hope Relapse II will be better than the current Relapse album.

I still think Eminem is the best rapper out there despite my complete hatred for Relapse.

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 11:54:17 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I guess I'll be the first to say it. I really can't stand this album. These new voices em is using are killing the songs. The beats are pretty good but most of the credit for that goes to dre. Bagpipes from Baghdad's beat is sick but the voice and subject kill the song. I'll stick to just listening to his old stuff. I can't believe people are comparing this to his old stuff. All I can hear is namedropping and annoying voices. Sorry everyone.

I 100% agree.  Sweet he dated Mariah Carey, doesn't really give him a reason to drop lines about her.  I go to UMass, Lupe came to the spring concert and was at another level, let us hear a song from lasers, it sounded extremely good.  See I personally don't think Eminem is the best out there.  I still think Nas is the best, people complain that he doesn't put out anything as good as illmatic, well, obviously, no other rapper has put anything out close to that, it's considered one of the best albums for a reason.  I also think Lupe is better then Em too. 
do it

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 05:00:30 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

I'm a massive Lupe fan too. The Cool was my favorite album of 2007. Just a great album. Does anyone have details on his upcoming work?

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 05:14:54 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Wiki says Lupe's next album is entitled "Lasers" and would come out this fall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupe_Fiasco

(Scroll down to the 2009-Present part)

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 06:15:54 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'm willing to go and give this album a listen if it's closer to his old old stuff, but I havent been fond of Eminem (Or any mainstream rapper) in a long time. I like to dig for my music  ;)

But really, Eminem as the best rapper out there today just isn't true, really. Hell I can think of five better rappers than him, that are also white, too.

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 08:02:59 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I don't like the stupid voices, either.  They were a disappointment; I had hoped he'd gotten those out of his system on the last album.  However, this album seems a lot more "true" than Encore.  For instance, even though "Deja Vu" isn't a typical rap song, it's very much an Eminem song.  I just got the album and have only listened to it once through, but overall, I think it's a huge improvement over Encore (but not as good as The Marshall Mathers LP or The Eminem Show.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 08:52:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I love how he has different voices and accents.  It keeps him sounding fresh.  If he continued with only the voice from his first album, people would be much more sick of him by now.

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I still remember about ten years ago, when
"Stan" was starting to hit the airwaves.
A friend of mine, who is very much into
rap and hip hop, told me: "He'll be big".
I guess he didn't know how big  :)

I haven't listened that much to Eminem
since but I plan on checking the new album
out, since the reviews have been good.

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 09:13:55 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I still remember about ten years ago, when
"Stan" was starting to hit the airwaves.
A friend of mine, who is very much into
rap and hip hop, told me: "He'll be big".
I guess he didn't know how big  :)

I haven't listened that much to Eminem
since but I plan on checking the new album
out, since the reviews have been good.

On the opposite end, the first time I saw the video for "My Name Is", I thought it was a joke.  It sounded like the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  Although, in my defense, the MTV version of that song isn't nearly as good as the CD version.  But I'll be honest, I really thought it was a joke.  Another white rapper.  Didn't Vanilla Ice already play that role??  Didn't we know how this story was gonna end??

Then I found out that this guy Eminem had REAL talent.  He's an incredible rapper.