Author Topic: Dropkick Murphy's Song  (Read 6194 times)

Dropkick Murphy's Song
« on: December 15, 2008, 10:11:39 PM »

Offline indyceltic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
I watch every game from home and I recognize the Dropkick Murphy's song after every W, but for the life of me I can't name the song.  It is killing me.  Does anyone know what Dropkick song is played after each win?

IndyCeltic

Re: Dropkick Murphy's Song
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:14:24 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys

I make sure its running everytime i go to the pub with my mates and my dad.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm Shipping Up To Boston

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 10:20:20 PM »

Offline sky101

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
I was looking for the instrumental version of that song yesterday, and couldn't find it.

Is there one? I mean, there should be one. I would love to download it!

thanks!

plus that movie "The Departed" set in Boston with Leonardo DiCaprio made that song a classic.

ABC used it alot when covering the finals and going to commercial.

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 10:24:24 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
I was looking for the instrumental version of that song yesterday, and couldn't find it.

Is there one? I mean, there should be one. I would love to download it!

thanks!

plus that movie "The Departed" set in Boston with Leonardo DiCaprio made that song a classic.

ABC used it alot when covering the finals and going to commercial.

I dont belive its allowed to discuss illegal dealings such as downloading copyrighted matiral on this board, if its not on iTunes or a similuar service then your out of luck
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
The Jets played it before kick-off of the Buffalo game Sunday, which I didn't understand at all. It's not a bad song to get the crowd pumped up, but I didn't know that the crowd at the Meadowlands would go for it.

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 10:44:03 PM »

Offline WayneKreklow

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
The Jets played it because the popular song from when they last won a Super Bowl was "Yummy Yummy Yummy I got love in my Tummy"

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 11:03:39 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
The Jets played it because the popular song from when they last won a Super Bowl was "Yummy Yummy Yummy I got love in my Tummy"

Good point, but 1969 was also the year of "Abbey Road." Although "Mean Mr. Mustard" probably couldn't cut it, I could jacked up to "Polythene Pam" but maybe that's just me.

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 11:41:11 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The Jets played it before kick-off of the Buffalo game Sunday, which I didn't understand at all. It's not a bad song to get the crowd pumped up, but I didn't know that the crowd at the Meadowlands would go for it.

I never understand when other teams play this song, and I have heard a few times, I know I have heard it before when the C's have been on the road this year. This song embodies Boston, don't know what it is, but it does.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 12:35:28 AM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18

I never understand when other teams play this song, and I have heard a few times, I know I have heard it before when the C's have been on the road this year. This song embodies Boston, don't know what it is, but it does.

The Buffalo Sabres actually have a cover version with the words changed to be about Buffalo. HAH!

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 03:56:43 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
The music to "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" was written by the band (Dropkick Murphys), but the lyrics are by Woody Guthrie. An odd posthumous collaboration.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I lost my leg!
When you love life, life loves you right back