Author Topic: Kevin Durant & Celtics???  (Read 10690 times)

Re: Kevin Durant & Celtics???
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2019, 07:12:40 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Sign and trade would work

Durant would have to want to sign a 3+1 since sign and trades need to have a minimum of 3 years plus an option.  He’s been rocking the 1+1 deals but we’ll see if that changes. 

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2019, 07:16:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Ainge probably has a ton of possible plans (and backup plans to the backup plans, etc.) laid out going forward this summer and beyond, and I bet you none of them have KD in them for various reasons (yes, KD is obviously a Top-3 player in the league but that's not the reason(s)).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2019, 07:43:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We WONT get KD without Kyrie.

The only way we can get KD is for Kyrie to love it in Boston, and recruit KD to play here. If Kyrie tells his best friend how ****ty Boston is there is ZERO chance.

While it would be fantastic to welcome KD to Boston, there is almost no conceivable way to do this under the salary cap (we are already WELL over). If KD wants to pull a Boogie Cousins and sign for the tax payer MLE, then I am all for it!

The way to do it would be for KD to opt into the final year of his deal and the C's and Warriors to swap him for Hayward, the thought being that GS would rather bring back Hayward from Boston than lose KD for nothing to, like, the Knicks.

I have heard this as a possibility, but KD would REALLY have to want to come to Boston for this to happen. The money next year isn't terrible ($31.5M), but he could make a lot more on the open market, will have no option years, and no ability to sign long-term. I would certainly be all about it, though!

Funny enough, I actually think it would be totally fine to ship Hayward to GSW. I get it, trading a FA after he signs with us and all of that, but would there be a better position for him to succeed in the league than in GSW with Curry, Thompson, and Green? Heck, all things being equal in the '17 offseason, Hayward probably would have chosen GSW over us.

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2019, 08:54:30 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
We WONT get KD without Kyrie.

The only way we can get KD is for Kyrie to love it in Boston, and recruit KD to play here. If Kyrie tells his best friend how ****ty Boston is there is ZERO chance.

While it would be fantastic to welcome KD to Boston, there is almost no conceivable way to do this under the salary cap (we are already WELL over). If KD wants to pull a Boogie Cousins and sign for the tax payer MLE, then I am all for it!

The way to do it would be for KD to opt into the final year of his deal and the C's and Warriors to swap him for Hayward, the thought being that GS would rather bring back Hayward from Boston than lose KD for nothing to, like, the Knicks.

I have heard this as a possibility, but KD would REALLY have to want to come to Boston for this to happen. The money next year isn't terrible ($31.5M), but he could make a lot more on the open market, will have no option years, and no ability to sign long-term. I would certainly be all about it, though!

Funny enough, I actually think it would be totally fine to ship Hayward to GSW. I get it, trading a FA after he signs with us and all of that, but would there be a better position for him to succeed in the league than in GSW with Curry, Thompson, and Green? Heck, all things being equal in the '17 offseason, Hayward probably would have chosen GSW over us.

I would personally drive Hayward to the airport

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2019, 08:58:31 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Wrong Thread