Author Topic: Jaylen Brown was offered 4 years $80M  (Read 30858 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown was offered 4 years $80M
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2019, 09:21:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If Danny alienates another young and “promising” player maybe ownership should look into his decision making deeper.
He can’t risk another rozier situation after last years dysfunctional situation.
There is a decent chance that brown gets 20 min a game max off the bench in which case he will start complaining. I am not saying rozier was a bad teammate last year but after he won us a few games against the bucks in 2018 playoffs he might have had a point.

Danny refused to trade brown for the likes of kawhi and Davis and now he’s lowballing him... it makes no sense. Just pay him $145M over 5 years and be done with this. All of this financial flexibility and “the right “ way of running the franchise has brought us 0 banners since the big three in their prime.. that’s 10 years plus and counting.

If Danny let’s brown leave or sign him to the QO next year someone has to hold him accountable for the missed chance of having kawhi on out team last year...
No, there is not.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2019, 09:29:54 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
If Danny alienates another young and “promising” player maybe ownership should look into his decision making deeper.
He can’t risk another rozier situation after last years dysfunctional situation.
There is a decent chance that brown gets 20 min a game max off the bench in which case he will start complaining. I am not saying rozier was a bad teammate last year but after he won us a few games against the bucks in 2018 playoffs he might have had a point.

Danny refused to trade brown for the likes of kawhi and Davis and now he’s lowballing him... it makes no sense. Just pay him $145M over 5 years and be done with this. All of this financial flexibility and “the right “ way of running the franchise has brought us 0 banners since the big three in their prime.. that’s 10 years plus and counting.

If Danny let’s brown leave or sign him to the QO next year someone has to hold him accountable for the missed chance of having kawhi on out team last year...
No, there is not.
My math is fuzzy and based on nothing but I think there is 25% chance that Smart starts and gets 25 min at the two and Tatum and Hayward soak all minutes at the 3 and all three stay healthy. In this scenario brown is left with 20 min a game of the bench.

« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2019, 09:33:41 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

No, there is not.
My math is fuzzy and based on nothing but I think there is 25% chance that Smart starts and gets 25 min at the two and Tatum and Hayward soak all minutes at the 3 and all three stay healthy. In this scenario brown is left with 20 min a game of the bench.
Who is playing PF if Hayward and Tatum take all 48 minutes at SF?

Brown will have 30+ minutes a night available for him to play.  It doesn't mean he will play that many, but he will have those minutes there for him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2019, 10:00:24 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

No, there is not.

Brown will have 30+ minutes a night available for him to play.  It doesn't mean he will play that many, but he will have those minutes there for him.

Good question. The answer is, we don't have one.

« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2019, 10:30:11 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

No, there is not.

Good question. The answer is, we don't have one.
I know.  As I've been saying for months, Tatum will be playing PF basically full time because there is no else on the team that should get anything more than spot minutes or garbage time.  Which means that there are like 15 back-up SF minutes available for Brown along with 15+ minutes at SG there for him as well.  Brown will be able to play as many minutes as he can handle all season long.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2019, 12:23:16 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

No, there is not.

I agree. There is nearly an absolute zero chance Brown only gets 20 minutes a game! Even if he isn’t better than last season he still deserves more than 20. Come on now...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2019, 12:40:34 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1186317024240123911

Shooting guard Buddy Hield and Sacramento Kings reach agreement on an extension worth four years, $86 million, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. He has $20 million in incentives

« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2019, 12:42:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1186317024240123911

Shooting guard Buddy Hield and Sacramento Kings reach agreement on an extension worth four years, $86 million, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. He has $20 million in incentives

Woj says $94 million with $12m in incentives, so some confusion here.  Maybe the first $8m is trivially easy to get?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1186316753292447746

Nonetheless, that's about a minimum for Jaylen at this point with him being so much younger.

Looks like Woj clarified and said the $8m are "exceedingly reachable" so $86 guaranteed, $94 likely, $12 more possible.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1186317978066968577

« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2019, 01:17:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
When is the deadline today for reaching a deal?

« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2019, 01:23:08 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Today.

And if Brown keeps insisting on the max, there will be no deal done today.

« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2019, 01:24:58 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

Today.

What is Browns max?
ok fine

« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2019, 01:33:06 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Today.

What is Browns max?

130/4 or 170/5, 29 million in the first year.

You can only offer 5 years if the first year of the extension is for the max

« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2019, 01:33:13 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Today.

Has there been even one legitimate source that indicates Brown is insisting on the max? I haven't heard of one.

« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2019, 01:47:42 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Today.

Has there been even one legitimate source that indicates Brown is insisting on the max? I haven't heard of one.

Its informed speculation. Brown is confident in himself, Jamaal Murray and Siakim who arent thaaaaat much better got the max, so Brown probably wants the max.

In related news:
https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1186331979551313926

and
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1186332544091983872

« Reply #209 on: October 21, 2019, 01:50:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hield got 4 yrs / 94 million.

How is Jaylen gonna do much better than that?

I'd offer him $95 million and call it a day.

The chances that Jaylen breaks out enough this year to get a much better deal than that are pretty small.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain