Author Topic: Max Strus 2 year deal  (Read 5961 times)

Re: Max Strus 2 year deal
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 04:30:33 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
This blog is funny. Yesterday everyone wanted to cut him.

Now he’s our savior.

A few months ago everyone was high on Wanamaker, particularly compared to Rozier. Now that we've seen our new shiny rookie toys everyone wants to cut him. That's why I love it here  :laugh:

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2019, 05:00:04 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
A few months ago everyone was high on Wanamaker, particularly compared to Rozier. Now that we've seen our new shiny rookie toys everyone wants to cut him. That's why I love it here

I don't want to cut him but they should talk to him about being a team mate.    He will be a nice change of pace off the bench guard, once the Wannamaker era is over.

I still don't get the  Wannamaker resigning from a basketball standpoint.   The rooks are just as good if not better.   I know folks will say trade filler but those don't always happen.   Smart should be the first guard off the bench then Edwards at present.    Jury is out on Langford at this time.

I think as some have pointed out that Semi's strong suit is his D.  Much rather have that than Green.

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2019, 06:01:15 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Now he’s our savior.

A few months ago everyone was high on Wanamaker, particularly compared to Rozier. Now that we've seen our new shiny rookie toys everyone wants to cut him. That's why I love it here  :laugh:

TP for the truth  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2019, 06:13:07 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
A few months ago everyone was high on Wanamaker, particularly compared to Rozier. Now that we've seen our new shiny rookie toys everyone wants to cut him. That's why I love it here

I don't want to cut him but they should talk to him about being a team mate.    He will be a nice change of pace off the bench guard, once the Wannamaker era is over.

I still don't get the  Wannamaker resigning from a basketball standpoint.   The rooks are just as good if not better.   I know folks will say trade filler but those don't always happen.   Smart should be the first guard off the bench then Edwards at present.    Jury is out on Langford at this time.

I think as some have pointed out that Semi's strong suit is his D.  Much rather have that than Green.

I guess to be fair, at the time that Wanamaker was signed, nobody knew what the rookies would be like. And for how good they've looked, they've for the most part come in with big leads against bad teams. Definitely against Charlotte they acquitted themselves well, but I'm not prepared to dump Wanamaker just yet. I think Waters is the most likely facilitator of our rookies, he has good vision and knows how to get to the rim but we haven't yet seen him go against a team that will try and take advantage of his lack of size defensively. Edwards is going to get some solid minutes minutes but he's most likely going to be used either as a spot off shooter or coming off screens. He's not going to be handling the ball facilitating the offense - when the starters and Smart had gone to the bench yesterday Brad actually had GWill handling the ball instead of Edwards.

I'm pretty sure Wanamaker would've looked good against Cleveland too had he played. It's unfortunate he was held out due to a hamstring.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2019, 06:36:00 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
This is just making the pre-season lots of fun.  To see the rookies and to debate which of Green, Semi, Tacko, Strus or Wanamaker stays with the team....  I like them all.  Don't want to forget that Semi is still a youngster -- 2 years younger than Javonte and only 4 months older than Strus. FWIW -- a year older than Tacko.   I really like Semi's strength and size -- he is already a very good defender and can defend 2-4 (and probably 1 and 5 in some circumstances).    Good guy to have on the team.  That said, I love Tacko and Javonte -- haven't seen much of Strus, but this team has been in need of sharpshooters for a while.   

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2019, 08:38:13 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Now he’s our savior.

It makes sense though.  I’d still rather play Wanamaker than Rozier (if we had him) but the rookies do look better than expected.

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 04:46:23 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Well Max it was fun while it lasted.  I didn't know about this until I was on the C's real gm site and it had a story on him.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/10/19/celtics-waive-forward-max-strus/iXSAk165Zn0YdwVSpCSC6K/story.html

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 04:55:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
  I’d still rather play Wanamaker than Rozier (if we had him) but the rookies do look better than expected.

He better get used playing behind Edwards real quick

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 07:05:23 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Didnt they guarantee this guys deal just to waive him?
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden