Author Topic: Max Strus 2 year deal  (Read 6036 times)

Max Strus 2 year deal
« on: October 13, 2019, 12:30:38 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
sorry if we already have a thread about Max, i couldn’t find it

The Boston Celtics are signing two-way guard Max Strus to a two-year NBA deal, with a partial guarantee this season of nearly half of rookie minimum, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Re: Max Strus 2 year deal
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 12:33:01 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Looks like its down to Tacko and Javonte for the last spot.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 12:36:34 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Looks like its down to Tacko and Javonte for the last spot.
Javonte isn't eligible for a 2 way contract so it looks like that's going straight to Tacko

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 12:49:18 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
They must really like what they see of Strus in practice. Agree with Sundance that looks like that 2nd 2 way will go to Tacko. As for Javonte, I hope he gets into the NBA with a team that gets him into the rotation, he deserves a shot. I think he's more ready to contribute to a team than any of them right now but given our depth in wings, sitting at the end of the bench for the Celtics won't do him much good.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
ainge et al certainly knows boatloads more than i do, but color me surprised. strus did not impress me at all the few times i saw him. i wonder what it is about him that ainge liked?

if the final spot is between green and fall, that too will be interesting. hyperbole aside, i think players such as green are readily available each year out of the gleague. fall is a different sort of player and i think has more potential to play a steady role on the team in a few years.

but, ainge may see fall as having a low floor and low ceiling and go with green. green has already made it known to ainge that he wont play in the gleague. so, either ainge let's semi or wannamaker go to make room, or green moves on.

P.S. over in SoSH someone suggested that since strus' contract is only partially guaranteed at about 1/2 the rookie level of pay, that it matches well with the money in a two-way deal. so....

celtics can cut strus, strus gets the same money he would as a two-player thereby keeping the celtics "promise" to him in place, then, put green in the 15th slot as a replacement.

i dont know if this is accurate, but it makes sense.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 01:13:02 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
I agree with one of the posters that GWill has a number of the same skills as Semi and that makes Semi redundant. I would give Green an NBA contract after trading Semi for a late second rounder

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 01:10:30 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
They can give tacko 2 way contract max can be cut and continue with money in his pocket at red clows and green can get the 15th spot

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 01:13:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
They can give tacko 2 way contract max can be cut and continue with money in his pocket at red clows and green can get the 15th spot

He wouldn’t make it through waivers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 01:16:00 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Strus isn't guaranteed that 15th spot. The Celtics obviously guaranteed him something which is why he got the early 2 way contract. This could just be seen as compensation for that guarantee from the Cs.

It's still between Green and Strus for that 15th slot

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 01:44:11 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I agree with one of the posters that GWill has a number of the same skills as Semi and that makes Semi redundant. I would give Green an NBA contract after trading Semi for a late second rounder

I’m not sure I agree. G Williams can play in the post much more than Semi can, and Semi is probably better at guarding quicker players.

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Strus isn't guaranteed that 15th spot. The Celtics obviously guaranteed him something which is why he got the early 2 way contract. This could just be seen as compensation for that guarantee from the Cs.

It's still between Green and Strus for that 15th slot

This makes the most sense. Tacko gets a 2-way deal, Javonte gets the 15th spot, and Strus gets a nice payday on his way out the door. Strus will try to catch on with another NBA team or go to Europe. 

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2019, 02:02:37 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Chris Forsberg

@ChrisForsberg_
 Brad Stevens notes there’s still “moving parts” with roster amid report that Max Strus is getting a partially guaranteed deal.

Reading tea leaves, Celtics have a two-way spot now to ensure Tacko Fall’s presence on roster. Strus and Javonte Green will compete for 15th spot.

1:32 AM - Oct 14, 2019

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2019, 02:13:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Strus doesn't get that deal unless he makes the team, right?

3 point shooting is always needed.  He is noted sharp shooter.  We're not exactly strong in that area from a roster perspective.  Korver light.

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 02:15:00 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I know most of us think Semi is useless and hasn't improved in the 2 preseason games but I would be very surprised if they got rid of him, unless it was as salary filler in a package for a star. He's a solid defender who has defended bigs in the playoffs and is a serviceable shooter. GWill hasn't proven anything yet.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I know most of us think Semi is useless and hasn't improved in the 2 preseason games but I would be very surprised if they got rid of him, unless it was as salary filler in a package for a star. He's a solid defender who has defended bigs in the playoffs and is a serviceable shooter. GWill hasn't proven anything yet.

Semi ain't getting traded.