Author Topic: Any of you ever taken a young kid/wife to Paris or Rome?  (Read 4831 times)

Any of you ever taken a young kid/wife to Paris or Rome?
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
How did that go?  I've done it in a few other places and it worked but those cities are big. Rome strikes me as the better idea, but maybe I'm missing something. I just don't think it would be wise to stand in a long line with a 6 year old at the Eiffel Tower.  It's been a long time since I've been there

Re: Any of you ever taken a young kid/wife to Paris or Rome?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:31:26 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
How did that go?  I've done it in a few other places and it worked but those cities are big. Rome strikes me as the better idea, but maybe I'm missing something. I just don't think it would be wise to stand in a long line with a 6 year old at the Eiffel Tower.  It's been a long time since I've been there
Well, you don't _have to_ go on the Eifel Tower - if you want a bird's eye view of Paris, Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre are also options.

An evening picnic on Champs de Mars can also be pretty nice - they light up the tower at night. Also, Versailles is great for a day trip with kids.

I feel like there is enough to do in Paris with a six year old, and that's just conjecture. Also, I've never been to Rome, so no idea about how they compare.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."