Author Topic: C's sign Javonte Green to a partially guaranteed deal  (Read 4986 times)

C's sign Javonte Green to a partially guaranteed deal
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:29:49 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
The Celtics will be signing Javonte Green to a partially guaranteed deal, league sources told ESPN. Green played well for Boston's summer league team, averaging 10.8 points and shooting 50 percent from the field in 5 games. He'll get a shot at earning Boston's final roster spot.

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1151950445755215873

Re: C's sign Javonte Green to a partially guaranteed deal
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 07:30:49 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
If it's a choice between Green and Fall, I want Fall.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 07:35:46 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Well deserved chance by him. Excellent summer league.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 07:35:56 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Danny always brings more than 15. I like that he forces all those fringe guys to compete for the last few spots.
ok fine

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 07:36:37 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I do like Green but if Ainge let Tacko go, i be one mad puppy!!! Oh wait, Tacko is not a guard so he will be gone
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 08:21:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I ultimately think (or hope) that Fall will beat him out, but Green played some really solid disruptive defence. I reckon he could make it on a team.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 08:23:25 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I ultimately think (or hope) that Fall will beat him out, but Green played some really solid disruptive defence. I reckon he could make it on a team.

Tacko is a totally unique talent who could already see some time in certain situations. Green would not see the floor any time soon.

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 08:26:47 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I do like Green but if Ainge let Tacko go, i be one mad puppy!!! Oh wait, Tacko is not a guard so he will be gone

Again stop with the falsehoods. If Tacko didn't make it, it would be because others beat him out, not because of the position he plays. Although that could be a favtor coz we have way more bigs than guards in our main lineup.

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 08:52:14 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I suspect the Celts want Tacko to go to Maine. I don't think they're going to give him a roster spot, the only question is whether they convert his contract to a two way, or waive him and try to get him to sign with Maine.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 09:25:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I suspect the Celts want Tacko to go to Maine. I don't think they're going to give him a roster spot, the only question is whether they convert his contract to a two way, or waive him and try to get him to sign with Maine.

From reading through the lines and some of Danny’s comments earlier today regarding Tacko, I’ll bet that other teams are interested in him to the point where they will give him a minimum contract.

I think DA needs to give him a minimum contract as part of the 15 
iman roster to keep him,  because there will be competition from other teams for his services due to his performance in  Summer league and how much the fans were attracted to him… He will be a big draw, especially for some of the lower echelon teams  Who want to put people in seats

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 09:28:23 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
 I was impressed with Javonte in the summer league: great athleticism and nose for the ball.....HOWEVER....

That last inbounds pass that he made in the final seconds of the Memphis game when the game was on the line though......WOW....He choked big-time with the game on the line… Big-time

Guy is a choke… I’ll pass

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 09:33:12 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I was impressed with Javonte in the summer league: great athleticism and nose for the ball.....HOWEVER....

That last inbounds pass that he made in the final seconds of the Memphis game when the game was on the line though......WOW....He choked big-time with the game on the line… Big-time

You pass on him because of one play?

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 10:03:09 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

You pass on him because of one play?

I know, I know....and what kills me is that He is the type of player I always root for....

Someone who has paid his dues
Uber athletic
Strong finisher on the break
Likeable underdog...

That one play though is hard for me to get by...if he can’t focus and execute a simple inbound pass on that play (he passed it directly to the Memphis player, like he was his teammate).....major choke

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 10:18:32 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

this makes no sense

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 10:26:50 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

From reading through the lines and some of Danny’s comments earlier today regarding Tacko, I’ll bet that other teams are interested in him to the point where they will give him a minimum contract.

I think DA needs to give him a minimum contract as part of the 15 
iman roster to keep him,  because there will be competition from other teams for his services due to his performance in  Summer league and how much the fans were attracted to him… He will be a big draw, especially for some of the lower echelon teams  Who want to put people in seats
That's not exactly true, they can convert the contract to a two way without risking Tacko leaving. If they do want him on the roster, they will likely try to sign him to a multi year deal with team options. They can wait until the end of camp to make this decision, however.