Author Topic: Anthony Davis not yet ready to think Long-Term with Lakers  (Read 4697 times)

Anthony Davis not yet ready to think Long-Term with Lakers
« on: July 17, 2019, 12:17:38 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
 maybe he opens his mind after he sees LAL is a disaster ?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27190455/anthony-davis-rob-pelinka-called-every-30-45-minutes-free-agency

Anthony Davis will be a free agent next offseason and was asked whether he envisions himself remaining with the Los Angeles Lakers "for years and years to come."

The Lakers mortgaged their entire draft future in order to acquire Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans.

"I'm just focused on this season," said Davis to ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "I don't know what's going to happen. I have one year here, so I'm going make the best of this year. And when that time comes around in the summer or, you know, whenever the season's over -- hopefully, around, you know, mid-June, after we just had a parade, and I need a couple days to think -- then we can talk about that. But until then, I'm trying to do whatever I can to help this team win this year."

Davis also revealed that Rob Pelinka called him "every 30 to 45 minutes" during free agency.

"Rob would call me: 'AD, what you think about him?' 'All right, cool.' Right back, 'AD, you know, this is what is going on with him.' 'All right, cool. All right.' Sometimes I had to tell him, like, 'Rob, I'm in the movies.' He'd be, like, 'All right, well, call me as soon as you get out.' But we're trying to put the best team around us, and I think he did a great job of doing it."

Re: Anthony Davis not yet ready to think Long-Term with Lakers
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 12:49:01 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Watch him bolt to Brooklyn after Lebron  show drives him insane or would be funnier if he went back to NO with all of those picks in tow! We definitely don't want that Nets scenario to play out!

Bet he does not tell the fans he is coming back if they will have him. 😁🤪

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 01:12:40 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Watch him bolt to Brooklyn after Lebron  show drives him insane or would be funnier if he went back to NO with all of those picks in tow! We definitely don't want that Nets scenario to play out!

Bet he does not tell the fans he is coming back if they will have him. 😁🤪

Hahahahaha that would be hilarious

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 01:47:04 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
He will stay, he's just playing games with the media, don't forget that he basically forced his way there. Don't fall for this game.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 06:32:36 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I hate that crap. He forced his way there. He wants to be there. Commit. Don't go half in, half out.

I understand that stance if he ended up on a team he didn't want to be on ... but he chose the Lakers.

To talk like this now is awful.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 06:47:04 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
What a jerk.  He should have taken a cue from Kyrie:  Just say you are intending to sign long-term to make people happy.  You can always change your mind and then they will hate you, but so what? lol

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 07:12:21 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Did AD force his way early to LA because he was told Kawai is coming?

Why in the world after all that huffing and puffing about I'm only playing for LA is he now saying he this is a trial run.

This isn't for next season negotiations he's a max player with all the bells and whistles no matter what. Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is this kid doing? What's his end game with this?

ok fine

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 07:20:58 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
This is nothing.  Just a different way of using the old cliche that he's focused on the now and wants to keep it about the team and not the individual stuff.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 07:56:25 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
He might not see that great of a future as Lebron gets older and older, and was probably expecting a 3rd star that never happened.   It could be a Pelicans situation all over again when Lebron is in the twilight of his career in 2 or 3 years.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 08:04:29 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
We've seen a history that wanting to play with Lebron and actually playing with Lebron are two different things. We'll see how it goes.

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 08:45:58 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This is nothing.  Just a different way of using the old cliche that he's focused on the now and wants to keep it about the team and not the individual stuff.
No it isn't, though ironically, that apparently was his intent.  He created more questions about the future than he answered about the present.

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 08:56:06 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
How funny would it be if Davis bolted the Lakers next season after all the picks (and players) the Lakers gave up?

I would laugh my butt off!!

And then Lebron will want to leave and all hell would break loose in LA LA land.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 09:02:18 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hope he goes back and signs with NOP.

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 09:04:12 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
What a jerk.  He should have taken a cue from Kyrie:  Just say you are intending to sign long-term to make people happy.  You can always change your mind and then they will hate you, but so what? lol

I think the best to say (and what Kyrie should've done) is not comment long-term and say "I'm happy to be here, look forward to this season" etc.

That way, you're not dropping any hints either way about your intentions beyond next season, otherwise people will make assumptions and run with them.

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 09:04:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
How funny would it be if Davis bolted the Lakers next season after all the picks (and players) the Lakers gave up?

I would laugh my butt off!!

And then Lebron will want to leave and all hell would break loose in LA LA land.
LBJ would also have just a year on his deal since he signed a 3 + 1.

I always laughed when media members referred to LBJ giving the Lakers 4 years, 3 + 1 for LBJ is definitely not 4 years.