Author Topic: AD dropped the 'I dont care what anyone else thinks' card at Laker intro  (Read 4405 times)

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
He shouldn't care what anyone else thinks. This is ultimately his career, his livelihood and his happiness.

He didn't want to be a Celtic and that's his prerogative. Get over it.

Yeah .... he shouldnt care who pays his bills just like his cohort Kyrie the other ...I dont care what anybody thinks guy. You seem to like malcontent players.

I do not have anything to get over because I never thought AD moved the needle for the Celtics.

It's not about liking malcontent players, but I'm a realist. This is a business and these players should absolutely do what's best for them as the franchises do. They are not slaves, they have thoughts, opinions, desires and ambitions.

And here's the harsh truth: his pockets aren't in jeopardy in the slightest. Actually, he's likely going to get far more endorsement opportunities in LA than he did in NOLA. AD made a shrewd business move to get to his desired destination. Sometimes, good business and public perception don't go hand in hand. Quite frankly, I doubt his public persona takes a hit at all outside of a few whiny Celtics fans because let's be honest, this thread wouldn't exist if he made these comments at a Celtics introductory press conference.

you are losing the narrative so you now go to the 'players are not slaves' card, which frankly is nonsense, and a whole scale indictment of Celtics  fans. I guess Celtics fans are not allowed to comment on anything AD now. Why dont you address the crux of the discussion without non sequiturs? Players should express their opinions without the 'I do not care what anyone thinks' statement.

You probably will not agree with this because your Kyrie made the statement.

if he forced a trade to boston under the same circumstances, i dont care what anyone thinks, and all of that, you'd be doing back flips.

ADMIT IT!

you wont, but admit it.  Youre just clearly butt hurt he ended up on the lakers the way he did, and i get it.  but just let it go
Greg

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Miss Elsa has helped me in my recovery process of Kyrie leaving.

I'd suggest some of us follow her for AD's choice of the Lakers.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He shouldn't care what anyone else thinks. This is ultimately his career, his livelihood and his happiness.

Yeah .... he shouldnt care who pays his bills just like his cohort Kyrie the other ...I dont care what anybody thinks guy. You seem to like malcontent players.

I do not have anything to get over because I never thought AD moved the needle for the Celtics.

It's not about liking malcontent players, but I'm a realist. This is a business and these players should absolutely do what's best for them as the franchises do. They are not slaves, they have thoughts, opinions, desires and ambitions.

And here's the harsh truth: his pockets aren't in jeopardy in the slightest. Actually, he's likely going to get far more endorsement opportunities in LA than he did in NOLA. AD made a shrewd business move to get to his desired destination. Sometimes, good business and public perception don't go hand in hand. Quite frankly, I doubt his public persona takes a hit at all outside of a few whiny Celtics fans because let's be honest, this thread wouldn't exist if he made these comments at a Celtics introductory press conference.

you are losing the narrative so you now go to the 'players are not slaves' card, which frankly is nonsense, and a whole scale indictment of Celtics  fans. I guess Celtics fans are not allowed to comment on anything AD now. Why dont you address the crux of the discussion without non sequiturs? Players should express their opinions without the 'I do not care what anyone thinks' statement.

if he forced a trade to boston under the same circumstances, i dont care what anyone thinks, and all of that, you'd be doing back flips.

ADMIT IT!

you wont, but admit it.  Youre just clearly butt hurt he ended up on the lakers the way he did, and i get it.  but just let it go

non sequitur... address the issue at hand. I never wanted AD on the Cs he  does not move the needle. Players should learn to care what the paying public think. Whether they are on the Celtics or not.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

ADMIT IT!

non sequitur... address the issue at hand. I never wanted AD on the Cs he  does not move the needle. Players should learn to care what the paying public think. Whether they are on the Celtics or not.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

You accuse me of "losing the narrative" and non sequiturs but you keep bringing up Kyrie in a thread that's not about him. Hypocritical, much?

If he doesn't care, that's his prerogative. I have no issue with what he said because if that's how he feels, it is what it is. You complain about him alienating the public but you watched his press conference. You made an entire thread about him. You and millions of other fans are paying as much attention as ever.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
In my experience, people who say stuff like "I don't care what people think", tend to actually think the very opposite.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker

ADMIT IT!

if you REALLY didnt want him here just be happy he isnt and carry on with the rest of your life.  otherwise posts like this just reek of some guy that just wishes he had jessies girl
Greg

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

You accuse me of "losing the narrative" and non sequiturs but you keep bringing up Kyrie in a thread that's not about him. Hypocritical, much?

If he doesn't care, that's his prerogative. I have no issue with what he said because if that's how he feels, it is what it is. You complain about him alienating the public but you watched his press conference. You made an entire thread about him. You and millions of other fans are paying as much attention as ever.

non sequiturs all ....just address the issue at hand. Stop the fallacious arguments. Kyrie came up because he made a similar statement, remember?

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

ADMIT IT!

if you REALLY didnt want him here just be happy he isnt and carry on with the rest of your life.  otherwise posts like this just reek of some guy that just wishes he had jessies girl

another non sequitur, I am doing what basketball fans do, discuss trends in the game that means I am not going on with the rest of my life. What an illogical argument.

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker

ADMIT IT!

another non sequitur, I am doing what basketball fans do, discuss trends in the game that means I am not going on with the rest of my life. What an illogical argument.

can you blame me? your whole thread was an illogical argument to begin with
Greg

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

ADMIT IT!

can you blame me? your whole thread was an illogical argument to begin with

my OP was not an argument. I made a point, I was not arguing with anyone. You have not addressed the point. Get it? You have engaged in non sequiturs.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

He signed a contractual agreement with New Orleans committing to play for them through 2020, then reneged on that promise by quitting on the team with a year and a half left and demanding that he be traded like a petulant child. This is nothing to be admired.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He signed a contractual agreement with New Orleans committing to play for them through 2020, then reneged on that promise by quitting on the team with a year and a half left and demanding that he be traded like a petulant child. This is nothing to be admired.

How is that different than a team trading a player? A contract is between two parties. Wasn't that long ago that the Clippers signed Blake Griffin to a 5 year deal, then turned around and traded him 3 months into it.

Is it admirable to trade Isaiah after the postseason he had with his sister's death and his injury? Is it admirable to trade Jae Crowder the day of his mother's death? Franchises do what's best for them regardless of what's admirable. I'm not going to hold the players to a totally different standard.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker

is this a whole lot different than when a team chooses to trade a player it signed to a contract??

the player chose to sign a deal with that team for 4 years, but the team decides it likes another player better 2 years in and decides to send the player to a team that the player had NO say in going to and could quite possibly have never signed the deal having know he'd end up there to begin with.

i agree that Davis handled this situation immaturely, but the double standard here is crazy.

im not advocating for players to demand trades, but there needs to be more of a common ground
Greg

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

is this a whole lot different than when a team chooses to trade a player it signed to a contract??

the player chose to sign a deal with that team for 4 years, but the team decides it likes another player better 2 years in and decides to send the player to a team that the player had NO say in going to and could quite possibly have never signed the deal having know he'd end up there to begin with.

i agree that Davis handled this situation immaturely, but the double standard here is crazy.

im not advocating for players to demand trades, but there needs to be more of a common ground

Did you ever read an NBA contract?  It provides the team the right to trade the player. The player BEFORE signing this has agreed to this. If he didn’t agree to it he doesn’t have to sign the contract. Some players negotiate not to be traded before signing it like  Carmelo Anthony with the Knicks. The contract does not say that the player has the right to stop playing or demand to be traded. Effectively that is why most contracts for great players give the player an option to terminate a year early. These are the rules of the collective bargaining agreement, negotiated between players and owners.