Poll

?

Yes
17 (58.6%)
No
12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Was last night Tatums “The Truth” game? (Poll)  (Read 5221 times)

Re: Was last night Tatums “The Truth” game? (Poll)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 11:37:26 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Definitely for me. Tatum has had a bunch of nice games this season, some explosions, but this one felt like he had finally arrived: Double OT, wouldn’t let his team lose, made big play after big play.

Imagine if he hit that step back 3 to finish the game in the first OT. It was a bad shot, I know. But it would’ve been in his career highlights, even years from now (like Pierce’s 3 over Harrington).

His missed FTs were killers though. I felt that if we lost those wouldve been the turning point. Good thing we won thanks to that 2OT plays from them.

I think the Celtics got a bit lucky on that no-call 4-point play by Lou Williams lol. Many were arguing that that was in the act of shooting lol, especially my friends who are Lakers fans.  ::)

It wasn't. TNT crew saw it on the replay as well. He lowered the ball as the contact occurred. It was only then that he started going through his shooting motion.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 11:38:29 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Definitely for me. Tatum has had a bunch of nice games this season, some explosions, but this one felt like he had finally arrived: Double OT, wouldn’t let his team lose, made big play after big play.

Imagine if he hit that step back 3 to finish the game in the first OT. It was a bad shot, I know. But it would’ve been in his career highlights, even years from now (like Pierce’s 3 over Harrington).

His missed FTs were killers though. I felt that if we lost those wouldve been the turning point. Good thing we won thanks to that 2OT plays from them.

I think the Celtics got a bit lucky on that no-call 4-point play by Lou Williams lol. Many were arguing that that was in the act of shooting lol, especially my friends who are Lakers fans.  ::)

League agreed it was correctly called. It wasn’t in the act. It doesn’t matter if people are saying we got lucky, they are wrong.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2020, 11:40:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

League agreed it was correctly called. It wasn’t in the act. It doesn’t matter if people are saying we got lucky, they are wrong.
So the usual for Laker fans? ;)

I still love bringing up those who said Kyle Kuzma is better than JT
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2020, 04:44:34 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
If it wasn't, it was very close to it!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2020, 07:01:47 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nope and this is a GREAT thing...

I believe Jayson has another level he can get to - even after the LAC game.

He needs to bring this in either a regular season game or The Finals - against none other than THIS man:

Our Legend Paul Pierce got his nickname after a spectacular performance against Laker and NBA Legend Shaquille O'Neal...Shaq was (and still IS) bigger than life.

Jayson brings it against LeBron James - on the BIG stage - and he will get a nickname befitting him. LeBron will be forced to do it.

He's already shown flashes

Force his hand, Tatum. Get your nickname from LeBron himself, The King. Earn it. Bring it.

I love Kawhi Leonard but he is not a nickname giving guy.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2020, 07:34:30 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Maybe if PG played the whole game and the results were the same then I'd vote, Yes. PG leaving the game early and the Clippers being on a little down turn already on their road trip takes away from the game's performance hype . Lakers I believe were at full strength and rolling when the Truth was named.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2020, 07:52:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think him making an allstar game has lit a fire under him.    Since then barring the Houston game, he has played like a man possessed.  So I think yes he had his Truth moment.

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2020, 11:20:50 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Maybe if PG played the whole game and the results were the same then I'd vote, Yes. PG leaving the game early and the Clippers being on a little down turn already on their road trip takes away from the game's performance hype . Lakers I believe were at full strength and rolling when the Truth was named.

The Celtics were without Jaylen Brown and were crushed by the Rockets so it evens out. ;)

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2020, 02:31:48 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Yeah. This run he's been on the last 14 games has been the arrival of a star. Punctuated by a double OT win over a contender to lead into the all star break.

A true star finds a way of doing this consistently so only time will tell but this feels like his Truth game.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2020, 06:56:44 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Tatum still has to be more consistent. He continues to regularly have the miserable shooting games (vs Rockets on Tuesday 5-15 fg, 0-7 3 pointers, 5-9 ft). Though to his credit, he also had 9 rebounds, 4 assists & 4 steals. I don't expect him to shoot the lights out every night, but the 2-15 type shooting games should become a rarity for him to be considered an elite star in the league.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 07:06:38 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Tatum still has to be more consistent. He continues to regularly have the miserable shooting games (vs Rockets on Tuesday 5-15 fg, 0-7 3 pointers, 5-9 ft). Though to his credit, he also had 9 rebounds, 4 assists & 4 steals. I don't expect him to shoot the lights out every night, but the 2-15 type shooting games should become a rarity for him to be considered an elite star in the league.
I think that those kinds of games have become a rarity. Since the New Year he's only had 4 games where he's shot below 35% from the field, and two of those came during our 3 game losing streak (where everyone was pretty ice-cold). I get that 20% of games being like that is still a bit high, but if you go from the New Orleans game onward his shooting splits are 50/45/73, with his FT% unusually low due to a couple of rough games.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2020, 08:22:59 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
One way to look at it is that JT is (arguably?) the best player on a team that has multiple stars at 21 years old.

The future certainly looks bright right now.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2020, 08:39:16 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
I think that those kinds of games have become a rarity. Since the New Year he's only had 4 games where he's shot below 35% from the field, and two of those came during our 3 game losing streak (where everyone was pretty ice-cold). I get that 20% of games being like that is still a bit high, but if you go from the New Orleans game onward his shooting splits are 50/45/73, with his FT% unusually low due to a couple of rough games.

Great - I was one who wanted to build around the two J's, so I hope they both continue to improve and become perennial all-stars and lead us to a few titles.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2020, 11:02:36 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I think the biggest improvement is that his drives now are closer to Hayward's than Wanamaker's. He isn't going there trying to brute force and end up with a turnover or a bad floater.

Now the next step is to improve on his court vision.