Author Topic: 2003 Steroid list leaked (D&C is reporting)  (Read 30898 times)

Re: 2003 Steroid list leaked (D&C is reporting)
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 12:42:18 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
It's strange the hypocrisy crew seem to fall in line with it's over please move on crew.  I wonder why that is?  I hope it has nothing to do with diminishing 2004 and 2007 because that would be called deflecting to me.

My hypocrisy (critical thinking) in regards to how I feel differently about baseball and football stems from a couple of things.  The type of sport (contact), no guaranteed contract, and because the players are literally taking their lives in their hands playing in NFL.  Baseball is closer to badminton than it is football. Barry Bonds as martyr, classic.  Yeah poor Barry was only a great player prior to enlarging his head by 10 sizes.  He was empty he needed to have all the records along with the money and the fame.  It's a witch hunt I tell ya.

I don't really understand the argument you are making here. but again you clearly have very strong feelings about Barry Bonds, who IMO is the main impetus behind steroids being treated differently in baseball than in other sports.

I mean, is Barry Bonds the only athlete whose head was affected by the use of steroids?

as for moving on, the point is not to all of a sudden stop caring about it, but to acknowledge that testing is now in place just as it is in other sports.

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2009, 12:44:14 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Who or what in god's name is "D&C"?  Is that a news channel?  A website?  A sweet, savory nighttime snack?

John Dennis & Jerry Callahan. Morning talk hosts on Boston sports station WEEI.  Very popular.  Mostly annoying.

So they're talk show hosts?  Like Howard Stern, but sports-focused?  Umm yeah, that's surely a good source for critical, breaking news like this.  Who wouldn't rely on them for such important coverage?  Considering that they're only regional and not nationally known, I can't think of a better source for the leaked steroid list.

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 12:44:57 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Who or what in god's name is "D&C"?  Is that a news channel?  A website?  A sweet, savory nighttime snack?

John Dennis & Jerry Callahan. Morning talk hosts on Boston sports station WEEI.  Very popular.  Mostly annoying.

Psssh speak for yourself, I find there  viewpoints refreshing in a liberal dominated media. Its nice to hear the other sides of things for once.  But at the same time take what they say with a grain of salt.  
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2009, 12:45:49 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

So they're talk show hosts?  Like Howard Stern, but sports-focused?  Umm yeah, that's surely a good source for critical, breaking news like this.  Who wouldn't rely on them for such important coverage?  Considering that they're only regional and not nationally known, I can't think of a better source for the leaked steroid list.

I wouldn't rely on them for much more than a migraine headache. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2009, 12:45:58 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

"Very Popular, mostly annoying"  

ROF****

TP dude.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2009, 12:47:11 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Well they work for the annually ranked number 1 sports radio station in the country.  And have a prominent timeslot and are one of the highest rated shows in the boston area as well as both of them having carreers as sports writers for the Boston Herald.  I would trust what they say......
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2009, 12:48:06 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
It's strange the hypocrisy crew seem to fall in line with it's over please move on crew.  I wonder why that is?  I hope it has nothing to do with diminishing 2004 and 2007 because that would be called deflecting to me.

My hypocrisy (critical thinking) in regards to how I feel differently about baseball and football stems from a couple of things.  The type of sport (contact), no guaranteed contract, and because the players are literally taking their lives in their hands playing in NFL.  Baseball is closer to badminton than it is football. Barry Bonds as martyr, classic.  Yeah poor Barry was only a great player prior to enlarging his head by 10 sizes.  He was empty he needed to have all the records along with the money and the fame.  It's a witch hunt I tell ya.

I don't really understand the argument you are making here. but again you clearly have very strong feelings about Barry Bonds, who IMO is the main impetus behind steroids being treated differently in baseball than in other sports.

I mean, is Barry Bonds the only athlete whose head was affected by the use of steroids?

as for moving on, the point is not to all of a sudden stop caring about it, but to acknowledge that testing is now in place just as it is in other sports.

I only brought Barry up because you and others brought him up as some reason why people only care about steroids.  I could careless about him.  He cheated and broke many important records.

We should ' move on ' when they have testing for HGH.  The sport is ruined.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Psssh speak for yourself, I find there  viewpoints refreshing in a liberal dominated media. Its nice to hear the other sides of things for once.  But at the same time take what they say with a grain of salt.  

The political stuff is annoying...I know, I know, I know...it's entertainment, and if I don't like it I don't have to listen to it, but it's the only outlet for sports radio...there are plenty of other outlets for politics.  And while I don't generally agree with their views, I'd have an easier time listening to them if they weren't so [dang]ed crass with the callers.  So yeh, I'd say they're annoying.
Yup

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Well they work for the annually ranked number 1 sports radio station in the country.  And have a prominent timeslot and are one of the highest rated shows in the boston area as well as both of them having carreers as sports writers for the Boston Herald.  I would trust what they say......

Callahan writes for the Herald...Dennis used to be the head sports anchor for Channel 7.
Yup

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2009, 12:53:11 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Dude, how can they be ranked #1 in the country when they aren't even heard anywhere else in the country besides Boston?  Come on, man. . .

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2009, 12:54:45 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

Couldn't have said any of that better myself.  Callahan can get a little too crazy at times but there isnt another morning show out there that mixes sports, politics, and humor together as well as those three (can't forget Meter, haha.)

If you want to bash EEI (like so many on this site love to do) then aim it at the Big Show.  D&C is for those who, as has been mentioned in this thread, like to "think critically" and laugh a bit at 8am.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2009, 12:54:51 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Dude, how can they be ranked #1 in the country when they aren't even heard anywhere else in the country besides Boston?  Come on, man. . .

Dude, the Station is ranked number 1 dude, comon dude, like man, dude, dude dude

And meter and I are both alums of Ithaca college woot woot

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

I only brought Barry up because you and others brought him up as some reason why people only care about steroids.  I could careless about him.  He cheated and broke many important records.

We should ' move on ' when they have testing for HGH.  The sport is ruined.

HGH as a PED cannot be reliably tested for yet...

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2009, 12:58:49 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

Couldn't have said any of that better myself.  Callahan can get a little too crazy at times but there isnt another morning show out there that mixes sports, politics, and humor together as well as those three (can't forget Meter, haha.)

If you want to bash EEI (like so many on this site love to do) then aim it at the Big Show.  D&C is for those who, as has been mentioned in this thread, like to "think critically" and laugh a bit at 8am.

"think critically"? Their opinions are straight out of the conservative handbook...

doesn't critical thinking require considering more than one side of an issue...?

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2009, 01:00:20 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

The political stuff is annoying...I know, I know, I know...it's entertainment, and if I don't like it I don't have to listen to it, but it's the only outlet for sports radio...there are plenty of other outlets for politics.  And while I don't generally agree with their views, I'd have an easier time listening to them if they weren't so [dang]ed crass with the callers.  So yeh, I'd say they're annoying.

There's always Mike & Mike or 1510 the zone.

Don't you think it gets old if you are harping on the same sports topics EVERY morning for 4 hours? I mean how much Big Papi talk can you stand before you go insane? that's why i can't do the Big Show very often.  I guess i can understand that some people don't want to talk about current events or politics, but i enjoy being updated on important events that are in the headlines.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes