Author Topic: Patriots Off-Season News  (Read 41295 times)

Re: Patriots Off-Season News
« Reply #240 on: Yesterday at 05:46:47 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1454
I was hoping the Pats would have made a run at Tyler Boyd, but he just signed a 1 year deal with the Titans for $4.5M. NE couldn’t have offered him $6-7M? He’s a solid WR… Do players not want to come to here or is Kraft just unwilling to spend?

Idk, but the fact that it took him this long to sign and for that money makes me think there was something teams didn't want. 30 other teams passed on him too.

NE's WR group is a bit crowded. Granted, a few of them should gladly take a hike (like JuJu, Thornton, etc.), but yeah I would have loved Boyd. Tbh I wonder if they look at Osborn the same way and think he'd be redundant.

As for a potential FA target, I would still love to reunite with Stephon Gilmore. He's still available, and can function as a great #2 alongside Gonzalez and veteran presence for the younger guys. The team does still need some depth at CB, like last year they are a Gonzalez and/or Jonathan Jones injury away from having to rely on rookies or mediocre depth pieces.

Sounds like Boyd was holding out for more money and it backfired on him. Not many teams have much left at this point, but the Pats do… I think he’s quite a bit better than Osborn and has good size at 6’2” as well. KJ is only 5’11”. Tyler has also had multiple 1000 yard seasons. He would have been the best WR on the Pats.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.