Author Topic: Lay off Lonzo  (Read 4743 times)

Re: Lay off Lonzo
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2017, 04:12:56 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I see nothing wrong with "hating" Lonzo as a sports personality, and in fact think he deserves the majority of the derision he receives. He's a terrible basketball player who is in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

So I say keep piling on, and don't lay off.
Well, you're wrong. Happens to the best of us. He's not a terrible player and is mostly in the spotlight because he was a very good college player.
come on

he was good

but that's not why he's hyped up more than any other player since lebron
I was reading articles and hearing about Lonzo the basketball player way before his father stole the scene.

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2017, 04:25:30 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
That's a good point and I agree with you. But do you see what I mean about allowing yourself to be happy during this period of time?

I am happy with the Celtics, Mike.

You know what else makes me happy? Seeing the rival Lakers and the national media hype machine fall on its face.

I was too young to appreciate the great Celtics teams of the 80's. I really only started watching b-ball in the 90's.

During that time I got to see the C's get hosed by

- horrible ownership (Paul Gaston anyone?)

- Rick Pitino (trading away Billups and Joe Jonson)

- David Stern (no Reggie Lewis cap relief after his tragic death, no luck in the lottery, shaft-jobs in the 2010 Finals against the Lakers and the 2011-2012 playoffs against the Heat)

- God (death of Lewis and Bias, the decline of Bird and Co due to debilitating injuries, the Perk injury in game 6 of the freaking Finals, and the general derailment of a budding KG/PP dynasty due to a horrible injury to a previously ironclad Kevin Garnett)

In this same time frame the Lakers got literally every break imaginable (not going to list them because it's sickening), culminating in this last year's lottery, in which they got the #2 pick, allowing them keep their pick and draft the hometown binky Lonzo Ball. The same Lonzo who refused to work out for us, the same Lonzo who will not disavow his father's insane attention-grabbing comments. The Ball Washers in the national media eat it up while ignoring our own success, remember ESPN's "Lonzo Wednesday" commercials before the C's/Laker game last week?

So yeah, I'm going to relish Tebow 2.0 and the Lakers' abysmal failures so far. We're doing things the right way here and our archrivals are proving themselves to be the buffoons we knew them to be. The worm has turned.

It's a great time to be a Celtics fan.

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2017, 04:26:47 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'm so tired of the Lonzo hate. He's a kid who loves  to play the game and is being treated unfairly. I don't care that he's a millionaire and I don't care what his dad has said. He's a 20 year old kid with two triple doubles in his 1st 15 games. Any other rookie and he'd be heralded but because of the inexplicable expectations people put on him, he's a bust perhaps.

Just remember, he's a kid and if you hate him because he plays for the Lakers, you need to seriously address your priorities in life. He has shown mental toughness and I def believe he will succeed.

He doesn't have two triple doubles.

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2017, 05:02:22 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
A lot of the dislike for Lonzo should be blamed on the media and outlets like Espn. People should be boycotting Espn.com and watching espns games on Reddit.

Furthermore, we’re all posting on this topic and fanning the flames. If 2 of our 5 most recently active topics are about Lonzo Ball, then we’re all doing our part in keeping this marketing BS going.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2017, 05:08:50 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
A lot of the dislike for Lonzo should be blamed on the media and outlets like Espn. People should be boycotting Espn.com and watching espns games on Reddit.

Furthermore, we’re all posting on this topic and fanning the flames. If 2 of our 5 most recently active topics are about Lonzo Ball, then we’re all doing our part in keeping this marketing BS going.
I hardly ever watch ESPN anymore anyways, aside from a few nationally-televised games. When the game is over I change the channel.

And the Lonzo coverage will fade away just like it did for Tebow. But I'm still going to get a few shots in while I can.

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2017, 05:19:36 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

I hardly ever watch ESPN anymore anyways, aside from a few nationally-televised games. When the game is over I change the channel.

And the Lonzo coverage will fade away just like it did for Tebow. But I'm still going to get a few shots in while I can.

Hey, I’m here posting about it too. Hard not to. But I’ve gotten over my dislike for Lavar and agree that he’s like a harmless black Trump which I’ve been saying for months.

I hope Lonzo never leads LA to a title, but I also hope he figures out the shooting.. next year... after we get their pick which lands at #2  :)

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2017, 05:43:09 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I'm so tired of the Lonzo hate. He's a kid who loves  to play the game and is being treated unfairly. I don't care that he's a millionaire and I don't care what his dad has said. He's a 20 year old kid with two triple doubles in his 1st 15 games. Any other rookie and he'd be heralded but because of the inexplicable expectations people put on him, he's a bust perhaps.

Just remember, he's a kid and if you hate him because he plays for the Lakers, you need to seriously address your priorities in life. He has shown mental toughness and I def believe he will succeed.

first off he is NOT a kid. he was a adult when he hit 18

second, are you a lakers fan? Then why are you posting here?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:19 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
leave Brittney alone

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2017, 05:50:10 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Hey, I’m here posting about it too. Hard not to. But I’ve gotten over my dislike for Lavar and agree that he’s like a harmless black Trump which I’ve been saying for months.

I hope Lonzo never leads LA to a title, but I also hope he figures out the shooting.. next year... after we get their pick which lands at #2  :)

right like he and trump are comparable. puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. lavar isnt even in the same atmosphere as trump.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2017, 06:10:34 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

right like he and trump are comparable. puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. lavar isnt even in the same atmosphere as trump.

Their manipulation of the media with outlandish, trollish comments are absolutely comparable. It’s just that each guys potential to do damage is night and day.

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »

Offline unclebay

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15

first off he is NOT a kid. he was a adult when he hit 18

second, are you a lakers fan? Then why are you posting here?
No, just a rational human being who's also a die hard Celtics fan.

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2017, 06:39:41 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Luke Walton says Lakers teammate spoke to Lonzo Ball about walking away from Suns scuffle

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21461747/luke-walton-says-los-angeles-lakers-teammate-spoke-lonzo-ball-avoiding-phoenix-suns-scuffle

"Someone on our team talked with him," Walton said after the Lakers' practice on Saturday. "It's all part of the learning process."

The even-keeled Ball explained that he was trying to avoid any further trouble.

"It's the NBA," Ball said after the Lakers lost 122-113 to the Suns. "People ain't really gonna fight. I ain't trying to get no technical."

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2017, 07:03:38 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Hate the LaVar, not the Lonzo.

Lonzo will be fine by the way, his court vision is elite. His floor is Rondo.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2017, 07:07:16 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
We should.

Signed - Diehard Celtics Fan - since 1981.

Magic - we STILL owe you for that heartbreaking hook in 1987. Let that draft pick of yours convey and we'll call it even.

"May The Los Angeles Lakers toil in lottery purgatory for the next 20 years" ;D ;D

But seriously Lonzo will be fine and his Dad is HILARIOUS. Love him. Liangelo made a mistake and he'll be fine as well.

For Lonzo to have that HEIGHT and COURT VISION alone is HUGE. That court vision reminds me so much of Rajon Rondo. That height - as he gets accustomed to the NBA - will help him as well.

Give him time he'll learn.

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2017, 07:08:18 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Luke Walton says Lakers teammate spoke to Lonzo Ball about walking away from Suns scuffle

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21461747/luke-walton-says-los-angeles-lakers-teammate-spoke-lonzo-ball-avoiding-phoenix-suns-scuffle

"Someone on our team talked with him," Walton said after the Lakers' practice on Saturday. "It's all part of the learning process."

The even-keeled Ball explained that he was trying to avoid any further trouble.

"It's the NBA," Ball said after the Lakers lost 122-113 to the Suns. "People ain't really gonna fight. I ain't trying to get no technical."

Good for Lonzo. It's pathetic that he's getting flak for walking away from a fight between two crappy teams that need to focus on basketball. Makes me like him more.