Pick for Love?

Yes
38 (55.1%)
No
25 (36.2%)
I plead the fifth
6 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Trade for Love ideas (merged)  (Read 51948 times)

Re: Trade for Love ideas (merged)
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2014, 12:38:08 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
We have Sully.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2014, 12:54:12 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
depends what else Boston has in the works because just acquiring Love and adding him to Rondo and Green is not a real contender and there is a real chance both Love and Rondo leave in free agency next summer. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2014, 12:58:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yes sir, I do!

Love is a proven All-Star. Wiggins, Parker and Embiid are all question marks regarding how well they'll fare in the NBA.

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2014, 01:05:26 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
If we trade the top3 pick for Love, i would want the C's to go all in. I would absolutely keep Green on the roster because truth be told, he's a great 3rd guy, and then I hope we trade away any picks and promising prospects on this team (Sully? KO?) for a legit center and other players that can contribute right now. no sense trading for Love and then not contending.

personally, i'd draft Wiggins. but i can see the allure of wanting to contend now.
- LilRip

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2014, 01:11:45 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Absolutely not. Love is not that great of a player to begin with and is helped by not having anyone else on that team. Top 3 pick is much more of a value than 1 year of Kevin Love.

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2014, 01:14:03 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Wow, yes, without any questions asked. Love is a top 5 player in the league.

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2014, 01:19:57 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Yes. So long as it includes Wallace and Anthony to make the numbers work.

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If the Celts had 2 all stars, like pierce and rondo and Love was the missing piece for a chance to get the ring, then i would think about it. 

But otherwise, a Rondo/Love duo is not going to get you far in the east.

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

The package is going to be the pick, Sullinger, and a lesser pick for Love on a max extension.

Love is a top 10 player and he's worth more than the max. Getting that kind of player on your roster is what this business is all about. I wouldn't think twice.

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2014, 01:35:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

The package is going to be the pick, Sullinger, and a lesser pick for Love on a max extension.

Love is a top 10 player and he's worth more than the max. Getting that kind of player on your roster is what this business is all about. I wouldn't think twice.

sorry but you are not being realistic

Does Love want to go from one losing enviroment to another??  Love + Rondo is not going to get you far.  The Wolves have a much stronger roster than us and Love still couldn't help that team get anywhere

If some kind of hush hush deal to sign Melo (who i don't really like but for example purpose), then Love is traded for, then yes i can see Love signing an extension

You just don't give up the farm on a guy who is likely to leave next season.   You don't hope that he stays, thats super risky.   Danny is not that dumb

So unless Love agrees to an extension before trade (which he won't, unless the celts drastically improve their roster by the time he is ready to be brought over), this trade will not happen

« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2014, 01:42:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
One team that you can never count out getting involved in these kind of transactions is the Rockets.

They are greedy enough i bet to try to trade for Love and sign Melo at the same time.

To Rockets : Love
To Wolves: 2014 1st, 2016 1st, Jones, Parsons (signed)

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2014, 01:44:52 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6

Does Love want to go from one losing enviroment to another??  Love + Rondo is not going to get you far.  The Wolves have a much stronger roster than us and Love still couldn't help that team get anywhere

If some kind of hush hush deal to sign Melo (who i don't really like but for example purpose), then Love is traded for, then yes i can see Love signing an extension

You just don't give up the farm on a guy who is likely to leave next season.   You don't hope that he stays, thats super risky.   Danny is not that dumb

So unless Love agrees to an extension before trade (which he won't, unless the celts drastically improve their roster by the time he is ready to be brought over), this trade will not happen

I dont get how on earth ppl think the wolves are in a better situation than us!!! Rubio is one of the most overrated players and averages half the assists and points that rondo scores and is nowhere near the leadership level of rondo... Kevin martin is a good shooter but is arguably the worst defender in the league!!! Jeff Green may had a bad season but that is only because he set the bar so high during some games... He still averaged 16ppg and is better than cory frikin brewer!!! Sully is a rising star but if we can package him for Love we should do it in a heartbeat!!! We are also in a much better position for our future than the wolves with our PLETHORA of draft pucks which can be used to entice any super package for any star.... Open ur eyes ppl, Kevin Love in Boston (with a legit center-Asik) can easily propel the Celtics top a top 4 seed in the East!!! Lemme know when the timberwolves come close to smelling the playoffs...

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
One team that you can never count out getting involved in these kind of transactions is the Rockets.

They are greedy enough i bet to try to trade for Love and sign Melo at the same time.

To Rockets : Love
To Wolves: 2014 1st, 2016 1st, Jones, Parsons (signed)

Im pretty sure the rockets would save their money and assets to try and lure Carmelo and/or an elite PG..

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2014, 01:51:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I dont get how on earth ppl think the wolves are in a better situation than us!!! Rubio is one of the most overrated players and averages half the assists and points that rondo scores and is nowhere near the leadership level of rondo... Kevin martin is a good shooter but is arguably the worst defender in the league!!! Jeff Green may had a bad season but that is only because he set the bar so high during some games... He still averaged 16ppg and is better than cory frikin brewer!!! Sully is a rising star but if we can package him for Love we should do it in a heartbeat!!! We are also in a much better position for our future than the wolves with our PLETHORA of draft pucks which can be used to entice any super package for any star.... Open ur eyes ppl, Kevin Love in Boston (with a legit center-Asik) can easily propel the Celtics top a top 4 seed in the East!!! Lemme know when the timberwolves come close to smelling the playoffs...

If you compare the roster it's close with the Wolves having an edge just by having Pekovic

Getting Asik also won't be easy as pie as you think.  So Love, Rondo , give up the farm and a high pick and still need to get a center.  Plus there is no guarantee Love will resign

you are screwing yourself for the future in a major way , potentially losing Love, Rondo to FA and if the top 5 pick along with Sullinger become studs

« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2014, 01:53:18 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White

If you compare the roster it's close with the Wolves having an edge just by having Pekovic

Getting Asik also won't be easy as pie as you think.  So Love, Rondo , give up the farm and a high pick and still need to get a center.  Plus there is no guarantee Love will resign

you are screwing yourself for the future in a major way , losing Love, Rondo and if the top 5 pick along with Sullinger become studs

Pairing Love with Rondo could convince both to stay and Asik could easily be acquired either with the Trade Exception or with a deal centered around Bass and a pick..