Author Topic: KG has an injured shoulder?  (Read 6750 times)

Re: KG has an injured shoulder?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 02:44:14 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
Crazy, I was going to post some speculation like this. I noticed the shot of him rubbing his left shoulder on the bench last night.

But also, remember when KG punched Dwight Howard in the arm twice last series? Dwight put his hand TWICE on the same spot that KG massaged last game. It's possible KG reacted that way because it really hurt him...

Like others have said, it would affect his rebounding and ability to elevate his left arm.

Now we really must get our stories straight, is it his knee, his shoulder, or his WAIST because THAT's where Dwight was putting his hand?  
Oh, and I agree with kozlodoev, grabbing rebounds with one hand has been typical for Garnett, which is one possible reason his rebounding with the Celtics has been less than overwhelming statistically. Not a complaint, just a fact.

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 02:58:22 PM »

Offline scurvmeister

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 30
Crazy, I was going to post some speculation like this. I noticed the shot of him rubbing his left shoulder on the bench last night.

But also, remember when KG punched Dwight Howard in the arm twice last series? Dwight put his hand TWICE on the same spot that KG massaged last game. It's possible KG reacted that way because it really hurt him...

Like others have said, it would affect his rebounding and ability to elevate his left arm.

Now we really must get our stories straight, is it his knee, his shoulder, or his WAIST because THAT's where Dwight was putting his hand? 
Oh, and I agree with kozlodoev, grabbing rebounds with one hand has been typical for Garnett, which is one possible reason his rebounding with the Celtics has been less than overwhelming statistically. Not a complaint, just a fact.

okay i watched the video again and it's not as close as i remembered. Dwight touches KG twice in the ribs and in the left pec. Last's night's bench shot was KG rubbing the area around his armpit. Hardly the WAIST like you say, but it's probably nothing.

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 03:18:20 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
In game one against Gasol/Bynum he went way up for an offensive rebound /put back and twice could not grab the ball. He had elevation he had explosiveness, he was just too hyped to grab the ball. Afterward he was looking at his hands and wiping his hands. Not sure what to make of it all

He does need to grab the ball with two and will be better once he settles down. Home court could be just the thing.

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 03:22:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He'd do that in Minny too.

The real reason his rebounding has gone down is his losing athleticism and overall decrease in minutes.