Author Topic: Lakers will start Gasol on KG, Odom on Perk  (Read 1795 times)

Lakers will start Gasol on KG, Odom on Perk
« on: June 04, 2008, 12:37:01 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Said on ESPN.  They did a mini segment from Lakers camp about the matchup on KG.

Odom: "Double him.... double him.  He's amazing.  That's all there is to say... amazing.  I don't really know our plan yet, but we'll have to double him plenty."

Gasol: "I don't know any of the matchups yet... he's a great, great player and hard to stop.  It'll take a team effort. yadda yadda".

Phil: ... can't remember what he said exactly, lofty praise on KG but can't remember what he said about matchups.

Then the reporter said they will start with Gasol on him.

If so, let's hope Odom cheats towards doubling him and KG can find Perk inside for the kind of baskets he was putting in during that 25? point game in LA.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Lakers will start Gasol on KG, Odom on Perk
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 01:22:43 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Interesting.  Might have to check those KG vs Gasol stats again. Has KG gotten Gasol into foul trouble in previous matchups?

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 01:54:19 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Interesting.  Might have to check those KG vs Gasol stats again. Has KG gotten Gasol into foul trouble in previous matchups?

Without looking, I'd have to go ahead and say no.  One of his criticisms is not getting to the line a lot, so I doubt that he ever regularly put someone in foul trouble.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 02:15:38 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33

Without looking, I'd have to go ahead and say no.  One of his criticisms is not getting to the line a lot, so I doubt that he ever regularly put someone in foul trouble.

No biggie.  Checking the Spurs-Lakers series, Gasol didn't even get called more than 3 fouls in a game guarding Duncan.