Author Topic: Bill Walton picks the Celtics  (Read 6182 times)

Bill Walton picks the Celtics
« on: June 03, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
They were just interviewing Bill Walton on ESPN and he said he wants the Lakers to win because his son, but thinks that KG won't let this opportunity slip away and the Celtics will win. He said they have no answer for Paul Pierce either and said the home court advantage will win out in the series. I think he is the only Basketball analyst on ESPN that picked the Celtics .

Re: Bill Walton picks the Celtics
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:14:48 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Yeah, I saw it. Where has he been anyways? I haven't seen Walton on ESPN for awhile. And he wasn't the only basketball analyst on ESPN to pick the Celtics. I think Tim Legler picked the Celtics in 7 game.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:15:24 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Picking against his own son.  That's cold, Bill.  Cold.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 08:17:34 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Following right behind Rick Carlisle's pick of the Celtics himself.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:18:47 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Rick Carlisle picked the Celtics too.  Not that surprising since they both were Celtics, although they did make good arguments and didn't just say they think the Celtics will win just because they want them to.   
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 08:20:30 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

It was cold but hey.. at least he was honest.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 08:29:47 PM »

Offline witkin

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 10
Some Bill Walton quotes

“If you’ve never been on Magic Mountain at DisneyWorld, stop what you’re doing and leave now. It will improve the quality of your life immeasurably”
“Look at David Robinson, he’s an Adonis”
“He’ll never do what Biiiiiird did”
“Anytime Michael Olowakandi is acquired by a team, disaster is sure to follow”

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Maybe he doesn't want to jinx his own son :)

NF.
#18 is coming...

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 08:35:40 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
Yeah, I saw it. Where has he been anyways? I haven't seen Walton on ESPN for awhile. And he wasn't the only basketball analyst on ESPN to pick the Celtics. I think Tim Legler picked the Celtics in 7 game.
Apparently, he's had some serious back problems for the last couple of months - bad enough that he hasn't been in the t.v. studio for awhile. The ESPN guys made reference to it a few weeks ago, saying that he was resting at home in L.A. and that they wished him well in his recovery.

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Apparently, he's had some serious back problems for the last couple of months - bad enough that he hasn't been in the t.v. studio for awhile. The ESPN guys made reference to it a few weeks ago, saying that he was resting at home in L.A. and that they wished him well in his recovery.

Wondered whatever happened to him.  I thought he was laying low because of that verbal spat he got into with Shaq.   ;D

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 09:07:44 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
RH,im not sure if you saw the interview,but in case you didn't,he did back it up with,quote"as a father caring about his son,i want whats best for him".I took it as  im (Bill) a Celtic fan,but if  its meant to be, the Lakers winning it all,then so be it son. 

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 09:08:35 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Always liked the Big Red Head Deadhead as a player and for his convincing analysis also. Spot on in my view, in this case!

Enjoyed his one time Sirius broadcasting program where he would DJ of course, but also play from his own ammased collection of live Greatful Dead shows he attended. Top notch interviewer of musicians that interested him on the program also. Not so sure if it is still being aired or not. The man always impressed me for being a very well rounded character, one who I could identify with on many levels, quite active too of course, in the early political anti-war anti-draft movements of the day.

This ones for you Bill: TP  ;D
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I think we will but Kobe gets finals MVP. Just like with Jerry West....

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 09:16:09 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Hey, its not like he disowned Luke because he's a Laker. Now that would be cold. The right thing to do but cold nonetheless.

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Both Walton and Carlisle talked about the Garden crowd in the finals and how people don't understand how crazy that place will be.

I'll admit it.. I gave a little fist pump watching Walton. He also said he will always consider himself a Celtic.

Is it Thursday yet?