Author Topic: Practice  (Read 2017 times)

Practice
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:09:48 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Everyone keeps talking about how good it is for the Celtics to finally get some days to rest, but how about finally having the time to practice? All they've done up to this point is watch tapes over and over, some light workouts, and one on one games, no real on-court time to work on schemes and other things they need to clean up. If there was something that was highly noticeable during the season is that everytime the Celtics had the opportunity to get a full practice in, the next game they came out playing better than they were playing in their recent games.

I think we'll work on a ton of stuff that has surfaced during the playoffs, and hadn't had the chance to work on it. Yes, the rest will do us a bit of good (though we were playing great in Detroit), but I think the opportunity to have some good practice sessions will really help the Celtics, especially in our offensive execution.

Re: Practice
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 11:36:06 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Listen to the player interviews. Pierce admitted he was worn out and running on fumes.

You mention them getting practice in during the regular season - they will get 3 days of practice, not counting the 2 days that they already had video in hand of the lakers.

Re: Practice
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:39:55 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Listen to the player interviews. Pierce admitted he was worn out and running on fumes.

You mention them getting practice in during the regular season - they will get 3 days of practice, not counting the 2 days that they already had video in hand of the lakers.

I guess you misunderstood my post, it was a rhetorical question about "how about having some practice"... just saying that it's good to finally have the time to get some practices in, not wondering on when they'll get to practice. Was mainly talking about not having the opportunity to get some good practices in during all playoffs to clean some things up and mostly relying on watching tapes.

I like the rest, but I think we'll also gain a lot from finally being able to get some good practice time in.